Windows 10: PC Upgrade - Help needed.

Discus and support PC Upgrade - Help needed. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, wanted to change my mboard, RAM memory and CPU and have these under my wishlist, in order to move forward, I would like to know if these will be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gudariak, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Gudariak Win User

PC Upgrade - Help needed.

Hi,
    wanted to change my mboard, RAM memory and CPU and have these under my wishlist, in order to move forward, I would like to know if these will be compatible with the existing hardware.
    Thanks for the time spent with this issue.

Intel i7 5930K CPU Processor (3.50GHz, 15MB Cache, 140W, Socket 2011-V3): Amazon.co.uk: Computers Accessories

Ballistix Sport BLS2C8G4D240FSA 16GB kit (8GB x 2) DDR4 PC4-19200 Unbuffered NON-ECC 1.2V: Amazon.co.uk: Computers Accessories

ASUS X99-PRO LGA2011-V3 X99 8xDDR4 8xSATA 6Gb/s AT: Amazon.de: Computer Zubehör

Best regards.
    Joaquim.

:)

Gudariak, Jun 16, 2015

2. printer help needed

X4875 printer connected with USB cable.

Win 10 shows it as a USB disk drive, drive J (with printer icon).

I reinstalled drivers twice, same problem "No Communication with printer".

printer help needed, Jun 16, 2015
  3. Upgrade to 10 and hotmail

Hotmail using same user aname and password as before

help needed badly, Jun 16, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User

swarfega, Jun 16, 2015
  5. Gudariak Win User
    Fantastic news, will give it a try.
    Thanks Swarfega *Smile

Gudariak, Jun 16, 2015
  6. Gudariak Win User
    Well, because my existing hardware is OLD, I can´t configure my PC..... *Sad

Gudariak, Jun 16, 2015
  7. swarfega Win User
    Sorry to hear that, I'm sure you'l get advice later in the day from those who can configure PCs.

Thanks for the rep btw.

swarfega, Jun 16, 2015
  8. Gudariak Win User

Please guys, could anyone tell me if this hardware will be compatible with the existing one ?
    Thanks.

Gudariak, Jun 18, 2015
  9. CountMike New Member
    You should be able to reuse everything else without problems. Only problem I can see is Windows if they are OEM. Depending on license, you may need to buy new ones.

CountMike, Jun 18, 2015
  10. Gudariak Win User
    Fantastic, my bigger doubts were the PC compatible with the motherboard,
    and the new motherboard with the existing graphic card.
    I have already pre-order the Windows 10.
    Is there anything that you might now do/buy if you were me ?
    I can't thank you enough for the help you giving me.
    Thanks CountMike.

Gudariak, Jun 18, 2015
  11. CountMike New Member
    That processor deserves better video card if you are serious gamer. Depending on new GPU, you may need a better/stronger PSU but that could be done later.

CountMike, Jun 18, 2015
  12. Gudariak Win User
    Ok, if I buy a second video card, could you give me advise/tips ?

Gudariak, Jun 18, 2015
  13. CountMike New Member

That also depends on games you plan to use but something in order of GT 960/970 or AMD R9 280/290 with at least 2GB or even better 4GB to ensure longer operational life. AMD is coming up with new R9 3xx so prices for present ones should drop soon and performance difference is not going to be great.

CountMike, Jun 18, 2015
  14. labeeman Win User
    The other thing you need to check with your older hardware is whether you can get drivers for W10 some older HW you cannot get drivers for W10 as the manufacture wants to sell you new stuff and are not writing new drivers for there old stuff.

labeeman, Jun 18, 2015
  15. Gudariak Win User
    After checking carefully I have chosen the Nvidia GTX 970.
    I will be aware of the Drivers issue *Wink
    MY final question would be, which PSU to buy for this new rig ?
    I cannot thank you enough, if you need anything from Portugal, please PM me and let me know.

Best regards,

Joaquim

Gudariak, Jun 19, 2015
Thema:

1. PC Upgrade - Help needed. - Similar Threads - Upgrade Help needed

2. IM UPGRADING MY PC/MOTHERBOARD AND NEED HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IM UPGRADING MY PC/MOTHERBOARD AND NEED HELP: So, i got a built pc maybe a year and a half ago but ive decided i want to upgrade my pc. Ive been behind on gaming equipment ect so im gonna buy a few stuff too help me be up to speed with more high-end gaming so i looked at my gpu and found out my motherboard is pcie 3.0...
  3. IM UPGRADING MY PC/MOTHERBOARD AND NEED HELP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IM UPGRADING MY PC/MOTHERBOARD AND NEED HELP: So, i got a built pc maybe a year and a half ago but ive decided i want to upgrade my pc. Ive been behind on gaming equipment ect so im gonna buy a few stuff too help me be up to speed with more high-end gaming so i looked at my gpu and found out my motherboard is pcie 3.0...
  4. IM UPGRADING MY PC/MOTHERBOARD AND NEED HELP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Need Upgrade Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Upgrade Help: Hello, I have bought a gaming laptop and have been planning to upgrade it's 256gb nvme ssd to a 1tb nvme ssd when it arrives. However, I have no idea how I would transfer Windows 10 and the Windows 10 license to the new ssd since the laptop only has 1 nvme m.2 slot. Is there...
  6. Need help upgrading to 20H2

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need help upgrading to 20H2: I will have to enable updates before I start but, after enabling updates do I just do a manual search for updates or, is there another route I need to take? Here, is my current system info. Or, should I download an iso like I did the last time I think! *Think [img] 167501
  7. Upgrading and need help please.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Upgrading and need help please.: Hello everyone. I'm sorry for my bad English. I bought a PC about 4 years ago and I am now looking to upgrade my graphic card. I have a $300 budget and i'm looking to get a good bang for my buck and compatible with my current set up. My system Specs : CPS - Intel(R) Core(TM)...
  8. Need help with upgrading of hardware.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with upgrading of hardware.: Hi there! I need to replace some of the hardware in my PC, due to electrical damage. I will list as much information as I can, but please ask if you require more info, or if something does not make sense. (English is not my first language). Here is a list of the current...
  9. This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10 - need help.

This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10 - need help.: I'm attempting to help a friend upgrade a Toshiba laptop from Windows 7 to 10 and am getting this message "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10". I've done a Google search and found a number of things that don't help, so I'm looking for any help I can get. There are...
  10. Need help with Upgrade installation

Need help with Upgrade installation: Hi About a week ago whilst trying to fix my corrupted Steam installation,i was advised to restart in Safe mode and networking.Bad luck for me is that I did this from MSconfig(Safe boot and network),and not using the boot manager and choosing Safe mode and networking from...