Windows 10: PC upgraded from Win 7 to WIn 10, and shuts downs

Discus and support PC upgraded from Win 7 to WIn 10, and shuts downs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I volunteer at a retirement community and help the residents with their computers. One lady has a Toshiba Satellite L675-S7018 laptop which came with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MikeTinVA, Dec 11, 2018.

1. MikeTinVA Win User

PC upgraded from Win 7 to WIn 10, and shuts downs

I volunteer at a retirement community and help the residents with their computers. One lady has a Toshiba Satellite L675-S7018 laptop which came with Windows 7 several years ago. SHe was having several problems (including two viruses) so I did a clean install of Windows 10 (version 1809) using Media Creation Tool. I reinstalled her apps and several updates came through via WIndows Updates. All seemed fine, except the computer will unexpectedly shut itself down every other day. No warning. Data lost. Can happen while using a variety of programs. The old WIndows 7 never did that. She is now using only Windows Defender, no other antivirus software.

And, there is no blue screen. Just an unexpected shutdown, as if all power were lost.

ANy suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

MikeT in VA

:)

MikeTinVA, Dec 11, 2018

2. Upgrade to Windows 10 from wins 7, computer won't shut down

Hi

After upgrade from Wins 7 to Wins 10. Computer won't shut down, just keep looping back to log in. try all the methods show on post but not success. Please help

Murf

MurphyWomg, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Win 10-Randomly shutting Laptop down

Since my upgrade a few days ago-from Win 7 to 10 it has been nice yet, when I go through the start menu to shut the computer down, I select shut down, but it restarts the system. The other issue is it randomly shuts off and will not allow me to power the
    system up for 10-15 then it goes through the initial start up process as if it were shut down..curious as to if anyone else is experiencing this and is it fixable or should I downgrade to the original win 7 version I had

fly_guy2015, Dec 12, 2018
  4. PC upgraded from Win 7 to WIn 10, and shuts downs

was win 7 upgraded to win 10 but on RESTART win 10 Problem!!!!

I upgraded win 7 home to win 10... a dell notebook i5 processor 4GB RAM

but PC starts OK - shuts downs OK

but on RESTART win 10 Problem!!!!

after blue window icon and before show login screen

appears a black screen and PC shows working or downloading - ....

after 15-20min (black screen is the same) so if press OFF PC after 5-10sec shuts down and if start from power ON this starts OK...

why the black screen...? I had AVG 2015 but Uninstalled but the same... state exist. I had and Defender enabled.

Lse123polis, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

PC upgraded from Win 7 to WIn 10, and shuts downs

1. PC upgraded from Win 7 to WIn 10, and shuts downs - Similar Threads - upgraded shuts downs

2. Recently upgraded Win 10 PC won't shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recently upgraded Win 10 PC won't shut down: Hi,a few days ago, I upgraded a PC from Win 7 to Win 10. I also swapped Nvidia GTX 750 Ti for an Nvidia GTX 960. Everything looked in order and functioned well until I tried to shut the PC down. The Shutdown button in the Start menu just does nothing. Same goes for the...
  3. Recently upgraded Win 10 PC won't shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently upgraded Win 10 PC won't shut down: Hi,a few days ago, I upgraded a PC from Win 7 to Win 10. I also swapped Nvidia GTX 750 Ti for an Nvidia GTX 960. Everything looked in order and functioned well until I tried to shut the PC down. The Shutdown button in the Start menu just does nothing. Same goes for the...
  4. Recently upgraded Win 10 PC won't shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10: Hello.Few days ago i make upgrade to Windows 10 on my computer with Windows 7 PRO licence. I know that the free upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 is not free any more. If i check Activation status it is Activeted with digital licence. Is this legal?...
  6. Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 on a newly built pc?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 on a newly built pc?: Hi guys, I just built a new pc and I want to know if its possible to use the win 7 license that I have from my old pc to activate windows 10 on my new pc. Anyone knows how I could do this, or if its even possible? Thanks. submitted by /u/pengis_m [link] [comments]...
  7. upgrade win 7 pc to win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade win 7 pc to win 10: hey.this is my desctop pc for my work place.i want to upgrade win 7 to win 10.i use import software about my work place.if i upgrade with windows update assistant my software maybe removed/?//?...
  8. Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10: If I upgrade my operating system to Win 10 , must I redownload and reinstall all the games that I have on my PC ( around 12 Terabytes ) ? or there is a workaround to avoid that ( so that I can play them in Win 10 without the hassle ) ? Most of the games are on ( steam ,...
  9. upgrade from WIN 7 to WIN 10 failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade from WIN 7 to WIN 10 failure: getting the error "failed in SECOND BOOT, MIGRATING DATA step" when trying to upgrade from WIN 7 to WIN 10. any idesa on how to fix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-7-to-win-10-failure/5897582e-19f6-4dd0-a905-db07ffc929b9
  10. Win 10 upgrade from Retail Win 7 New PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 upgrade from Retail Win 7 New PC: Hi I currently have Win 10 from the free upgrade from a retail version of Win 7. I have a new (used) PC that already has Win 7 installed by the previous owner. I'd like to install Win 10 on this machine. Do I have to install my retail Win 7 as a clean install (as...