Windows 10: PC User is still there after removing the Microsoft Account

Discus and support PC User is still there after removing the Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Please help me out. I formatted my laptop and used a Microsoft Account to set it up. Then later on i removed the Microsoft Account and used a Local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PC LoverBoy, Oct 1, 2018.

1. PC User is still there after removing the Microsoft Account

Please help me out.

I formatted my laptop and used a Microsoft Account to set it up. Then later on i removed the Microsoft Account and used a Local Account. Now whats bothering me is that, the name which was for the Microsoft Account i used at first is still appearing as my default user. What should i do so that there wont be any traces of that Microsoft Account.

Help guys!!

:)

PC LoverBoy, Oct 1, 2018

2. remove a user account

Hello,

If you want to delete local user account on your Windows 10 computer, you can follow the steps below:

Note: When you want to delete a user account from your computer:

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to delete a user account.

You will not be able to delete a user account that is currently signed in. You will need to sign out the user first.

Be sure to always have at least one enabled administrator account on the PC to avoid not being able to perform actions that require administrator rights.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows key, click on Settings.
    • Click on Account, click on Family and other users.
    • Select the user you want to delete under Other users and click on
      Remove.
    • Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.
    • Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete an account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

OR
    Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type net user and hit Enter to list the user accounts on your device.
    • Type net user "User account " /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Meanwhile, if you wish to add a family member to your Microsoft family, there are a few ways you can do that. You can follow the steps in this article:

Set up your family

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to share them with us here. Your input is very much welcome in our Community.

Michelle Vil, Oct 1, 2018
  3. How to completely remove all traces of a Microsoft Account from a local User Account

Hi,

To assist you with your concern on removing traces of Microsoft Account on your local account, you may do the following steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select User Accounts.
    • Click on User Accounts.
    • Select Manage User Accounts - here you can delete the traces of the Microsoft Account.

Let us know how it goes.

Christian Mart, Oct 1, 2018
  4. PC User is still there after removing the Microsoft Account

removing user account

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys, select Control Panel.
    • Select User accounts.
    • Select Manage other accounts.
    • Double click on the account you want to delete and select
      Delete the account.
    • Follow the instructions and check if it helps.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

PC User is still there after removing the Microsoft Account

1. PC User is still there after removing the Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - User still removing

2. Remove user account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove user account: How do I remove an account without the being an administrator I accidentally created a child account and gave them administrator privileges and removed mine. Every thing I've tried or been assisted in requires administrative command privileges. What do I do?...
  3. accounts and user are still showing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    accounts and user are still showing: I am using two accounts on my pc, but at the time of shutdown it shows me that someone else is using that pc and some process ar still running when i check the task manager so that could be any malware or windows is doing their own thing....
  4. Removing User Accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing User Accounts: I have an old laptop I'd like to give to a family member, which has one user account mine. If I create another administrator account for my son, then log in with the new account and delete my own, will the deletion of my data on the laptop delete files currently...
  5. Removing PC from Microsoft Account after selling it

Removing PC from Microsoft Account after selling it: Hi I have sold my PC to someone else but didnt have time to do a reinstall of Windows. Just wondering what will happen if i now remove the PC from my Microsoft Account. Will it mess with his computer? Ideally I would have fully wiped the PC and reinstalled windows bedore...
  6. Remove User accounts

Remove User accounts: I have two user accounts I would like to delete-- Administrator and guest. When I go through the process in setting etc. these accounts do not show up. So I can not delete them. There must be another way to do this. Bottom line is I can add accounts but there is not a easy...
  7. Remove user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove user account: [ATTACH]I have accidentally added my own email to a new account and now I can't get rid of it, even though it's disabled. PS.: I have tried Win + R > control userpasswords2 and then removing it, but it doens't show up. ***Modified title from: Control of users***...
  8. Removing a cancelled Microsoft user account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Removing a cancelled Microsoft user account: How do I remove an old Microsoft user account? I'm using Windows 10. I linked my work account to my personal laptop, but now I've left that company, my account has been closed at their end and I can't remember my old password. I've left it sitting on my laptop for several...
  9. Remove user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove user account: I have 2 users on my laptop and I want to remove one of them. I've looked it up and it says to go to settings go to the account and press remove, but, there is not a remove button, only block. I went onto my microsoft account and tried to too remove from family and when I do,...
  10. Remove Microsoft Account from User

Remove Microsoft Account from User: Hello! The Microsoft Account linked to my laptop (the one I created when I first logged into my laptop when it was brand new) got hacked. I tried multiple times but I cannot retrieve my account. I have created another one, of course, with no issues. But the big problem is I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. there are still reminance after removing microsoft account

2. remove user account control prompt