Windows 10: Pc uses to much ram without having any program open.

Discus and support Pc uses to much ram without having any program open. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Like the title says my system has 16gbs of ram, and i've recently had bluescreen problems. When i first upgraded my ram from 8 to 16gbs, my system used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Stratos_22, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Pc uses to much ram without having any program open.

Like the title says my system has 16gbs of ram, and i've recently had bluescreen problems. When i first upgraded my ram from 8 to 16gbs, my system used about 18% of available ram. Now after the system has booted up everything, the ram usages is at 22%. Not a huge deal i know but, sometimes, like after doing a full system scan with windows 10, the usage goes to 33% usage WITH NOTHING OPEN. The processes that use the most memory are Antimalware service executable using about 200MBs and Service Host: Local System (Network Restricted) using 150MBs

submitted by /u/Stratos_22
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Stratos_22, Mar 24, 2020
  2. Glenn1200 Win User

Desktop using 23,9/24GB of RAM

So recently I installed an additional 16GB of RAM in my pc and everything was runnning fine. I upgraded to Windows 10 and installed all the programs I use etc.
    Now my pc was always using around 30% of the ram, however it soon became 60% and now it is using 99% from startup.

Here are some steps I already performed with the results from those steps:

• I ran a virus scan, with nothing showing up
    • I checked my startup programs, nothing wrong with it in my eyes
    • I ran sfc /scannow which showed up with nothing aswell
    • I ran Kasperky AntiRootKit, nothing showed up
    • I ran Malwarebytes which showed up clean
    • I ran SuperAntiSpyware professional, nothing showed up(except some cookies which are deleted now
    • I ran WPR -cancel in CMD, No trace profiles running

The programs that start when my PC boots are:

Pc uses to much ram without having any program open. qOZbQ8v.png

I hope anyone of you can help me find a solution to this. I know windows10 leverages memory better than windows 7, but it shouldnt be 100% use even when idle.

Here is a screenshot of my resource monitor:

Pc uses to much ram without having any program open. 77QpSGa.png

Glenn1200, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Pc uses to much ram without having any program open.

PC using ram for no reason

Yeah Chrome loves RAM, but if all the memory used is showing under System, it might just be your SuperFetch system at work. Try this out for me:

• Close all programs that are running, and also in the taskbar notification area by the clock, exit anything you can (Chrome might be there, among many other things... I like to tell Chrome not to run in the background silently there but that's just personal
      preference, I only want it running when I'm using it).
    • Open Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Escape) and go to the Performance tab.
    • Click Open Resource Monitor
    • Go to the Memory tab

On here, observe how much memory is truly "in use". The system will usually use a lot of standby RAM, making it look like your RAM is super full, but in reality the standby ram can be cleared in 1/1000th of a second, instantly for any other program to use.
    So it's not really "full" ram if this is the case.

For example, here's my computer currently below. I'd love to see your view of this as well if you care to share.

Pc uses to much ram without having any program open. 2037de7b-0fa4-420b-9c4b-9debaa13f405.png

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Pc uses to much ram without having any program open.

1. Pc uses to much ram without having any program open. - Similar Threads - uses much ram

2. 97% - 99% of RAM is used, without anything open that uses enough RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    97% - 99% of RAM is used, without anything open that uses enough RAM: Hello community,I've recently encountered a weird thing happening where my PC uses between 97 and 99% of my RAM without doing anything. This brings heavy lags with it regularly. I have 32 GB of RAM and when I look it up in the Task Manager there is absolutely no task that...
  3. 97% - 99% of RAM is used, without anything open that uses enough RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    97% - 99% of RAM is used, without anything open that uses enough RAM: Hello community,I've recently encountered a weird thing happening where my PC uses between 97 and 99% of my RAM without doing anything. This brings heavy lags with it regularly. I have 32 GB of RAM and when I look it up in the Task Manager there is absolutely no task that...
  4. Very high RAM usage without any programs open.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very high RAM usage without any programs open.: My laptop has 16 gb of ram and for some reason, it has about 50% ram usage without any programs open. When I go on task manager to see which programs are using the most RAM, there's nothing that using a lot of ram. Even with all the programs' RAM usage on task manager, it...
  5. Too much RAM being used, any help?

Too much RAM being used, any help?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Umayyad0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lsu9uq/too_much_ram_being_used_any_help/
  6. Machine uses 80% of the RAM without any app open

Machine uses 80% of the RAM without any app open: So i was checking it because i need it for college and I found out it uses a fuckton of ram in processes that apparently don’t require any apps open. Any solution to this? submitted by /u/Pepoidus [link] [comments]...
  7. Out of Memory - Programs using Virtual Memory but not that much on RAM...

Out of Memory - Programs using Virtual Memory but not that much on RAM...: Recently (less than two weeks ago - suspiciously after the update to Windows 2004), my 16gb Windows 10 machine is throwing "Out of Memory" errors, specially in games - even if they are something like a 2D platformer: after a while I get the events 2004 and 26 (both regarding...
  8. Can someone help! My pc uses this much ram without having any program on.. yes all are...

Can someone help! My pc uses this much ram without having any program on.. yes all are...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/slowpoison7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hbuqgi/can_someone_help_my_pc_uses_this_much_ram_without/
  9. Program using WAY too much RAM

Program using WAY too much RAM: Windows antimalware service executable (MsMpEng.exe) is using an average of 300 mb of ram! Is it safe to disable or delete this? The program is also using around 30% cpu usage on an Intel i5 9400f. submitted by /u/Wenry_ [link] [comments]...
  10. RAM unnecessarily is use without any apparent reason.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM unnecessarily is use without any apparent reason.: So I have an i3-8100 with 8gbs of RAM. Previously I had 4gbs and it most of the times used consume about 2.8 Gbs at once. But when i increased it to 8gbs of RAM I expected the same amount of RAM to be in use while leaving a greater amount free. But it didn't. It's still...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. v ram usage without any program opened