Windows 10: PC using 71% ram with only task manager open (77% in video because obs is recording it), is...

Discus and support PC using 71% ram with only task manager open (77% in video because obs is recording it), is... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/xXDilly1966Xx [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xXDilly1966Xx, Aug 3, 2020.

1. PC using 71% ram with only task manager open (77% in video because obs is recording it), is...

/u/xXDilly1966Xx, Aug 3, 2020

2. Failure to record OpenGL window with OBS

I run OBS, switch to the window to record, and press the hotkey I've assigned to record. Then I wait 3 seconds and press the "stop recording" hotkey. During this whole time I see the desired animation in the window to record.

What I get out of this is a videofile with the correct length, but in the video:

• the OpenGL window does not animate in the video
    • the OpenGL window it has the OBS window on top of it

The OBS window was not on top of the OpenGL window when I was recording.

Am I doing something wrong?

Stefan Monov, Aug 3, 2020
  3. OBS HD Recording Question

Hello,

For the past several days, I have been recording games with OBS on my new custom PC with a brand-new $100 LG monitor. During recording, I can record games in 1080HD with absolutely no hiccups in gameplay whatsoever. However, when I watch the video after I play, the video quality is terrible and absolutely horrendous. I checked the video settings in OBS, and they match my monitor settings. What's going on?

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-

JTBSpartan, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Mr Public Win User

PC using 71% ram with only task manager open (77% in video because obs is recording it), is...

Record video of application window

Take a look at OBS.

It's a Free and Open Source program that allows you to record both your screen and specific windows. (Note: it cannot record minimized windows, as minimized windows will stop rendering completely).

Here's a step-by-step on how to go about recording a specific window:

1. Download and install OBS.
    2. Open OBS and the Program you want to record.
    3. In OBS, go to Settings -> Settings then go to Broadcast Settings and set Mode to File Output Only.
    4. Set File Path to wherever you want the recording to be saved to.
    5. Click OK to save and apply the settings you just changed.
    6. In the main screen of OBS, right-click on the white box in the bottom left labeled Scenes, click Add Scene, then enter any name you want to identify the scene as.
    7. Click on the scene name you just created in the same white box, then in the white box to the right labeled Sources, right-click and do Add -> Window Capture and enter any name you want to identify the window capture as.
    8. In the Window dropdown, find your program window that you want to record and click it.
    9. Click OK to save that window to be recorded.
    10. Click Preview Stream and then click Edit Scene and position the window in the recording box to however you want it displayed in the final recording.
    11. Click Stop Preview and you should be ready to record that window whenever you want.
    12. To start the recording, click Start Recording and to stop recording, click Stop Recording.

This will record your program's window reguardless of whether it is in the foreground or background. Remember, since a window is not rendered when it is minimized, it will be unable to be recorded.

Mr Public, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

PC using 71% ram with only task manager open (77% in video because obs is recording it), is...

1. PC using 71% ram with only task manager open (77% in video because obs is recording it), is... - Similar Threads - using 71% ram

2. My computer has very high ram usage but only task manager is open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer has very high ram usage but only task manager is open: Recently I have been experiencing very high ram usage with no apps open. It got to the point where my computer crashed because of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-has-very-high-ram-usage-but-only-task/b17a1722-ee19-4f34-9dd2-5dd5ddac8473
  3. My computer has very high ram usage but only task manager is open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer has very high ram usage but only task manager is open: Recently I have been experiencing very high ram usage with no apps open. It got to the point where my computer crashed because of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-has-very-high-ram-usage-but-only-task/b17a1722-ee19-4f34-9dd2-5dd5ddac8473
  4. Using 85% 15GB RAM - Task Manager shows 5GB used?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using 85% 15GB RAM - Task Manager shows 5GB used?: I have 16GB of RAM installed so in the region of 15GB the PC gets slow and gets hiccups. What I have noticed that on both Windows 10 and 11 after upgrade the RAM is reaching max with no apparent reason, With just 3 programs open, for example, little video in Vegas pro, A...
  5. Using 85% 15GB RAM - Task Manager shows 5GB used?

Using 85% 15GB RAM - Task Manager shows 5GB used?: I have 16GB of RAM installed so in the region of 15GB the PC gets slow and gets hiccups. What I have noticed that on both Windows 10 and 11 after upgrade the RAM is reaching max with no apparent reason, With just 3 programs open, for example, little video in Vegas pro, A...
  6. My PC is using 99% of my ram, but it doesnt add up when i open task manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My PC is using 99% of my ram, but it doesnt add up when i open task manager: [ATTACH] I recently experienced stuttering in my PC, today it was really bad. it took me a whole minute just to open task manager and there it was-99% RAM usage. I know my PC is quite old, but it wouldn't be that big of a problem. I saw that my highest RAM using app was...
  7. Better Video Recording Software: ManyCam vs. OBS Studio

Better Video Recording Software: ManyCam vs. OBS Studio: Trying to decide between ManyCam and OBS Studio for a video recording software. What are the pros and cons of each? Recommendations? Some research seems to indicate that OBS is the more popular choice. Opinions? Thanks in advance! 153616
  8. OBS Studio is an open source video recorder and streaming app for Windows, Linux and macOS

in Windows 10 News
    OBS Studio is an open source video recorder and streaming app for Windows, Linux and macOS: OBS Studio aka Open Broadcaster Software Studio is very popular among YouTube users. You can use it to broadcast gameplay streams live or use it to record videos (which you may then upload to YouTube or other video hosting sites). Want to set up a camera and mic to record...
  9. OBS HD Recording Question

in Windows 10 Support
    OBS HD Recording Question: Hello, For the past several days, I have been recording games with OBS on my new custom PC with a brand-new $100 LG monitor. During recording, I can record games in 1080HD with absolutely no hiccups in gameplay whatsoever. However, when I watch the video after I play, the...
  10. Task manager and RAM speeds

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager and RAM speeds: Hello, I have recently installed new RAm (Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1866 mhz). In Task Manger it's showing the ram speed as 1400. Bios is showing at 1866 and also in CPU Z. XMP is enabled. Any ideas? Is this a win 10 bug etc Thanks in advance 44013