Windows 10: PC Very Random Grey Screen Crashes (PLEASE READ)

Discus and support PC Very Random Grey Screen Crashes (PLEASE READ) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ok So I built this pc back in 2016. i5 6600k Msi b150 gaming M3 motherboard and a msi r9 390 GPU. Over the last 8-12 months my PC has been crashing to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Liam Theodorou, Feb 25, 2019.

1. PC Very Random Grey Screen Crashes (PLEASE READ)

Ok So I built this pc back in 2016. i5 6600k Msi b150 gaming M3 motherboard and a msi r9 390 GPU. Over the last 8-12 months my PC has been crashing to a grey screen. When it happens I cannot do anything but restart my PC. The weird thing is that it RARELY ever happens when im playing games. It happens very very frequently if I do not have a game open. To counter that I always try to keep a game open on my PC even when i'm not playing. Although at some point it will still crash. I notice it seems to crash especially while youtube, twitch. or netflix is open. When it crashes, if I was playing music or such the speakers will make a horrible buzzing noise. Now for troubleshooting. I've ran virus protections multiple times, I've restored my PC completely and ran DDU and reupdated the drivers and done the scan through CMD prompt. I'm running out of idea's and im just not sure if im missing something crutial. I have a 650w power supply. At first I thought it was cause of lack of power but considering it happens very frequently even after just logging into my PC, but really not at all while gaming, I disputed it. If it is hardware failure, im curious to see how I can find out which part it is? All my games run great at highest settings and CPU and GPU temps are always stable (rarely go over 70). And if it is not hardware failure, I would love to hear some feedback on some other options that I could try. I'm fairly good with computers and this has always puzzled me. Thanks a lot!

:)

Liam Theodorou, Feb 25, 2019
  2. KingPing Win User

HD5770 grey screen problem

Hi all!

My friends HD5770 seems to have the grey screen problem, it's completely random, certain games works fine others not, the same game works fine for 2 or 4 hours, or sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes it crash while watching movies or browsing. Always with a nice grey screen*Rockout :rockout:

I'm using one of my PCs (actually i tested in 2 PCs, same problem in both) to test the card so i'm sure it's the VGA, and not his PC. It can't be fixed by updating or changing drivers.

The card is no longer under warranty.*Frown PC Very Random Grey Screen Crashes (PLEASE READ) :(

Is there a fix to this issue, maybe some trick like the oven one*Wink PC Very Random Grey Screen Crashes (PLEASE READ) ;), that i'm missing?

Thanks!

KingPing, Feb 25, 2019
  3. multicolored screen when pc crashes

My PC has recently crashed on three occasions and the monitor screen is filed with with random multi colors.

Any suggestion for the cause of this and how it can be resolved?

Please

Curiousroblin, Feb 25, 2019
  4. vinsterX Win User

PC Very Random Grey Screen Crashes (PLEASE READ)

Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

PC Very Random Grey Screen Crashes (PLEASE READ)

1. PC Very Random Grey Screen Crashes (PLEASE READ) - Similar Threads - Very Random Grey

2. PC will randomly crash with no BSOD. Please help.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC will randomly crash with no BSOD. Please help.: Hello Microsoft Community,I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out for urgent assistance with a longstanding issue that has been plaguing my PC for months. the problem is that my computer tends to crash randomly without any discernible cause or consistency. I...
  3. PC will randomly crash with no BSOD. Please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will randomly crash with no BSOD. Please help.: Hello Microsoft Community,I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out for urgent assistance with a longstanding issue that has been plaguing my PC for months. the problem is that my computer tends to crash randomly without any discernible cause or consistency. I...
  4. My PC crashes/get blue screen randomly, Please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC crashes/get blue screen randomly, Please help: My pc gets a blue screen randomly, sometimes once a day, sometimes when I'm playing battlefield 2042, or when montage a video or programming. On the blue screen I get stop code IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I have ddr5 7600Mhz, but I'm running it at 7000mhz to see if the problem...
  5. My PC crashes/get blue screen randomly, Please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC crashes/get blue screen randomly, Please help: My pc gets a blue screen randomly, sometimes once a day, sometimes when I'm playing battlefield 2042, or when montage a video or programming. On the blue screen I get stop code IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I have ddr5 7600Mhz, but I'm running it at 7000mhz to see if the problem...
  6. Help please with blue screen and then PC crashing randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help please with blue screen and then PC crashing randomly: Hello.I had trouble with my PC Windows 11 getting stuck on the start-up screen without loading the log-in screen. We then took the PC apart, checked and tested everything and it seemed to be Windows. We did a clean install of Windows 11 and updated all drivers. The start up...
  7. Help please with blue screen and then PC crashing randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help please with blue screen and then PC crashing randomly: Hello.I had trouble with my PC Windows 11 getting stuck on the start-up screen without loading the log-in screen. We then took the PC apart, checked and tested everything and it seemed to be Windows. We did a clean install of Windows 11 and updated all drivers. The start up...
  8. PC crashes completely randomly, PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes completely randomly, PLEASE HELP: This has been happening for about 2 weeks. It usually crashes every few hours.I tried Pop!_OS Linux for 2 days and it didn't crash at all, but I didn't really like it and some programs weren't available there, so I formatted my SSD and switched back to windows 10, and now it...
  9. PC crashes completely randomly, PLEASE HELP

PC crashes completely randomly, PLEASE HELP: This has been happening for about 2 weeks. It usually crashes every few hours.I tried Pop!_OS Linux for 2 days and it didn't crash at all, but I didn't really like it and some programs weren't available there, so I formatted my SSD and switched back to windows 10, and now it...
  10. PC random crashes please helpppies

PC random crashes please helpppies: I have a custom build PC cpu- 4790k stock never overclocked ram- evga supersc 16gb ddr3 1600mhz never overclocked power- evga super nova g2 860 watt motherboard- msi z87i ac not gaming ac graphics- msi gtx 970 gaming 4g never overclocked cooler- lepa aquachanger 240...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nvidia random grey screen