Windows 10: PC very randomly freezing...hardware or software?

Discus and support PC very randomly freezing...hardware or software? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Originally was going to post this on the Intel NUC forums, but you guys seem more helpful. I'm having issues with my Intel NUC Phantom Canyon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zenmeister, Jul 19, 2021.

1. PC very randomly freezing...hardware or software?

Hi, Originally was going to post this on the Intel NUC forums, but you guys seem more helpful. I'm having issues with my Intel NUC Phantom Canyon NUC11PHKi7CAA (i7 with RTX 2060 mobile) . It has developed a random freezing issue, which is a big problem as I'm using this as my workstation. Windows will freeze without any BSOD or error code. Sometimes it restarts automatically, most of the time it doesn't. It can work for hours on end as it did yesterday, but then freeze soon after startup. Windows event viewer just shows a "Fatal hardware error has occurred" event. What I've tried: Reinstalling Windows 10 Updating to Windows 11 (It's now running 11 since it doesn't make any difference) Switching RAM kits (both mem tested no errors) Switching M.2 Drive (using dual m.2s at the moment) I suspect it could possibly be an issue with an m.2 drive or the as it used to randomly disconnect the other brand of M.2 I used previously (Crucial instead of Samsung). Or the RTX 2060, which when I reinstalled Windows showed up as "Windows has stopped this device" in device manager until I installed NVidia drivers where it seemed to work fine. But I'm at my wits end trying to figure this out. It's very random too. Sometimes the PC can be fine for hours, other times it freezes soon after booting it up and opening Edge with Youtube. Here's a recent event log if it helps. But if there's something else I can include, let me know. It's still under warranty for 8 months or so, so I'd like to see if this can be narrowed down. Though I don't know how to replicate this issue at all. - System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger [ Guid] {c26c4f3c-3f66-4e99-8f8a-39405cfed220} EventID 1 Version 0 Level 2 Task 0 Opcode 0 Keywords 0x8000000000000002 - TimeCreated [ SystemTime] 2021-07-18T02:05:57.8986721Z EventRecordID 3496 - Correlation [ ActivityID] {c8e8cf9d-442c-4fae-8e86-823d61d13ede} - Execution [ ProcessID] 4044 [ ThreadID] 4536 Channel System Computer DESKTOP-ERO32ET - Security [ UserID] S-1-5-19 - EventData Length 3408

:)

zenmeister, Jul 19, 2021

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Jul 19, 2021
  3. Karugo12 Win User
    PC Freezing

the issue began like a week after purchase

i have not made any recent change on the machine

Its freezing randomly

Karugo12, Jul 19, 2021
  4. PC very randomly freezing...hardware or software?

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jul 19, 2021
Thema:

PC very randomly freezing...hardware or software?

1. PC very randomly freezing...hardware or software? - Similar Threads - very randomly freezing

2. pc randomly becoming very very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc randomly becoming very very slow: i have an infuriating issue, where every so often, my computer will slow down immensely, apps stop responding, even the mouse cursor lags. i have no idea what causes this, as there is no way to know and whenever it happens i open up task manager to all of the component load...
  3. Windows 10 very very very Slow. Freezes. Lags. Randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 very very very Slow. Freezes. Lags. Randomly.: Hi Therei recently updatedmy windows 8.1 to 10, and I'm having an huge performance issue.Everything lags. Strucks. And simple operations, opening files, programs, everything lags.it has became so slow that booting takes minutes.It is so slow that in now search button's also...
  4. Windows 10 very very very Slow. Freezes. Lags. Randomly.

Windows 10 very very very Slow. Freezes. Lags. Randomly.: Hi Therei recently updatedmy windows 8.1 to 10, and I'm having an huge performance issue.Everything lags. Strucks. And simple operations, opening files, programs, everything lags.it has became so slow that booting takes minutes.It is so slow that in now search button's also...
  5. Windows 10 very very very Slow. Freezes. Lags. Randomly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. PC Freezes Randomly - Hardware issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezes Randomly - Hardware issue?: Hello,Need advise on issue where my PC randomly freezes. The freeze in my case isnt a complete freeze, where I can still move, click my mouse and even trigger windows button from my keyboard. However when I click on the action, for example restart or turn off the computer, it...
  7. PC Freezes Randomly - Hardware issue?

PC Freezes Randomly - Hardware issue?: Hello,Need advise on issue where my PC randomly freezes. The freeze in my case isnt a complete freeze, where I can still move, click my mouse and even trigger windows button from my keyboard. However when I click on the action, for example restart or turn off the computer, it...
  8. Windows Freezing Very Randomly

Windows Freezing Very Randomly: So I've been having an issue with I presume Windows 10 on my newly built gaming PC. Out of nowhere, usually when watching YouTube / Twitch or something, the picture just freezes. I can move my mouse around, and hear anything in the background, but everything else seems...
  9. Random and very frequent freezing on 1909

Random and very frequent freezing on 1909: Hi! I am on 1909 build of windows 10 home. I am facing some serious freezing issues for about 2 months since I updated to this build. my computer freezes for a couple of seconds every other minute leaving me completely frustrated. For those couple of seconds, my CPU usage...
  10. Windows Freezes Hardware or Software Issue?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Freezes Hardware or Software Issue?: After inserting a USB my laptop freezes, after some time. Forcing me to button restart it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-freezes-hardware-or-software-issue/59d6d3d3-5a08-47f4-a49c-a40f645ed6d9

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 3408 Windows10 Whea-logger