Windows 10: PC volume forcefully decreasing after plugging in mic.

Discus and support PC volume forcefully decreasing after plugging in mic. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just got a new HyperX Solocast microphone. It was working fine for a few hours, but then out of nowhere, my PC volume turned all the way down. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DrLicentia, Sep 20, 2021.

1. PC volume forcefully decreasing after plugging in mic.

I just got a new HyperX Solocast microphone. It was working fine for a few hours, but then out of nowhere, my PC volume turned all the way down. I didnt think much of it and i turned it back up. But then less than a minute later it happened again. This time, when i turned the volume back up, it would keep trying to go down. I thought it was a faulty USB port, so i unplugged all of my peripherals except for my keyboard and it stopped. After some trial and error, i discovered that it would stop decreasing when i unplugged my Solocast and would start again when i plugged it back in. So, i unplugg

:)

DrLicentia, Sep 20, 2021
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Sep 20, 2021
  3. ms_wp Win User
    My Nokia Lumia 520 If i decreased my music volume then my ringtone also decreased

Hi Monica,

Can you suggest to make the ringer volume independent of master volume?

Eg: If I decrease the master volume, it should not decrease the ringer volume. Pls help.

ms_wp, Sep 20, 2021
  4. arnob216 Win User

PC volume forcefully decreasing after plugging in mic.

Microphone volume decreases when I speak to it

Ok so I am using Windows 10 versoin 1511 Build 10586.218. My sound card is build in Realtek HD Audio.
    Whenever, I use the mic, say for Skype call or in Control Panel>Speec Recognition>Setup Microphone, my microphone volume starts decreasing from 100 to downward. (Notice that it only decreases when the microphone is being used in some software. If I just speak to it in idle window, the volume does not decrease.)

h98cjzHU68A

Now whether I install the Realtek audio driver or not, it does not matter. I have also put "Do Nothing" in Sound>Communication.

Know that this kind of problem did not exist in my Windows 8.1.

arnob216, Sep 20, 2021
Thema:

PC volume forcefully decreasing after plugging in mic.

1. PC volume forcefully decreasing after plugging in mic. - Similar Threads - volume forcefully decreasing

2. Microphone volume keeps decreasing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone volume keeps decreasing: I use Windows 11, and recently I am encountering a problem where my microphone volume keeps decreasing automatically whenever I am in a google meet or any other type of meeting. I switched off AGC in microphone properties and have also set "When windows detects communications...
  3. Microphone volume keeps decreasing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone volume keeps decreasing: I use Windows 11, and recently I am encountering a problem where my microphone volume keeps decreasing automatically whenever I am in a google meet or any other type of meeting. I switched off AGC in microphone properties and have also set "When windows detects communications...
  4. Mic not plugged in when it is plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic not plugged in when it is plugged in: For a good while now maybe since November 2021 my headset mic hasn't been working and when i check Sound in control panel it says my mic isn't plugged in however it is and I've tried troubleshooting but it still says its not plugged in I've also tried looking at youtube...
  5. Mic not plugged in, but it is.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic not plugged in, but it is.: I use the HyperX Cloud Alpha and the mic has been working perfectly for 6 months. But as soon as i installed a Windows update on the 30th of June, the mic was in the headset and now it shows it as unplugged, i have tried the troubleshooter and all it says is that it is...
  6. Headphones plugged in but mic is "not plugged in"

Headphones plugged in but mic is "not plugged in": Everything functioned fine until yesterday when I attempted to play Modern Warfare with my friend and I realized windows wasn't registering that my mic was plugged in. I've tried 3 different headphones, 4 different aux cords, and two different aux ports and all of them have...
  7. Auto Volume Decreasing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Volume Decreasing: Hello, I am using this Windows 10 computer for about 2 years, but on these few days, the volume on the computer keeps on changing from 50% to 100% and to 50% again and again. Is there a solution to it? Because this is very annoying. Thx...
  8. Volume decreases automatically.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume decreases automatically.: So whenever i plug in my headphones windows automatically lowers the volume. It does't lower the actual volume bar, all the sounds just get a bit quieter (if I'm playing music on the speakers for example, the volume goes all the way up on the volume bar, but as soon as I plug...
  9. Decreasing Screensaver Volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Decreasing Screensaver Volume: I have a configurable screensaver which allows its sound to be either on or off. Is there a tool that I can use to decrease the screensaver’s volume without muting it or reducing my master volume?...
  10. Volume decreases until mute

Volume decreases until mute: On my daughter's ultrabook, when she starts watching youtube videos the audio continually gets quieter until it is mute. If I open the sound mixer, I can see the sound from the youtube video is still playing at normal volume. But no sound is coming out of either the built-in...