Windows 10: PC (W7) Won't recognize Any USB Memory Stick. Thoughts On ?

Discus and support PC (W7) Won't recognize Any USB Memory Stick. Thoughts On ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Folks, Son not in area, so hard for me to help him out with this, but thought I'd ask here for any suggestions. He has an older Dell desktop pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Robert11 Win User

PC (W7) Won't recognize Any USB Memory Stick. Thoughts On ?

Hi Folks,

Son not in area, so hard for me to help him out with this, but thought I'd
    ask here for any suggestions.

He has an older Dell desktop pc running W7.
    Seems to work fine.

But-

Plugging in USB Memory sticks into any slot on the case does not work.
    Not recognized by pc.

He says that they also do not show up in File Manager, or Device mgr., or Desktop.

Tried several sticks.

Any thoughts as to what might be happening, and what to try net ?

Neither of us are too computer savvy, so any and all suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Oct 17, 2018
  2. cscroggs3 Win User

USB Memory Stick not recognized by Windows 10

Windows 10 will not recognize my USB memory stick (PNY 64gb) at all. The stick worked fine under windows 8.1, (! USB Device Not Recognized The last usb device you connected to this computer). My Kingston 8gb DataTraveler USB memory stick works fine with
    Windows 10 and Windows 8.1.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

cscroggs3, Oct 17, 2018
  3. Cannot get Win10 to recognize a 128g usb memory stick.

Hello Brad,

To assist you with your concern, please answer the following:

• Which device are you using?
    • Are you receiving any error message when you're trying to connect your USB Memory Stick?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

Looking forward to your response.

Michael Rey, Oct 17, 2018
  4. PC (W7) Won't recognize Any USB Memory Stick. Thoughts On ?

USB Memory Stick not recognized by Windows 10

I followed both steps suggested by Anish but still no joy. My laptop 'recognises' the usb by making a sound but fails to open it or even list it.

I'm using a Samsung series 9 laptop with Windows 10 and the USB is Maxwell 8gb.

I've used this same usb before in the same machine with no problems. The connection is obviously good as the red light in the usb comes on but it goes no further.

Hope you can help - there's some crucial stuff on the usb that I need to access.

thanks.

PuzzledProfessor, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

PC (W7) Won't recognize Any USB Memory Stick. Thoughts On ?

1. PC (W7) Won't recognize Any USB Memory Stick. Thoughts On ? - Similar Threads - Won't recognize USB

2. “USB memory stick."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    “USB memory stick.": I wanted to look into what I called, “USB memory sticks among other things and came up with the following term. “A small electronic device used to store digital data, more portable and robust than a hard drive.” Knowing nothing about them I have always bought inexpensive ones...
  3. “USB memory stick."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “USB memory stick.": I wanted to look into what I called, “USB memory sticks among other things and came up with the following term. “A small electronic device used to store digital data, more portable and robust than a hard drive.” Knowing nothing about them I have always bought inexpensive ones...
  4. “USB memory stick."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Failed USB memory stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed USB memory stick: Hi, I am having a problem with my USB memory stick, it says it doesn't have any storage, yet it does, and it has data on there, it's not like it's CD-ROM drive. I even have proof from a recovery attempt on a Linux VM....
  6. Failed USB memory stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed USB memory stick: Hi, I am having a problem with my USB memory stick, it says it doesn't have any storage, yet it does, and it has data on there, it's not like it's CD-ROM drive. I even have proof from a recovery attempt on a Linux VM....
  7. USB memory stick issues

in Windows 10 Support
    USB memory stick issues: I have a very strange problem with a Lexar 128GB USB. When I plug it into my PC (windows 10 pro) it shows up in File Explorer and I can copy files from it but I cannot write to it. The USB stick works perfectly in my laptop, ie read/write with no problem The USB port in my PC...
  8. PC (W7) Won't recognize Any USB Memory Stick. Thoughts On ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC (W7) Won't recognize Any USB Memory Stick. Thoughts On ?: Hi Folks, Son not in area, so hard for me to help him out with this, but thought I'd ask here for any suggestions. He has an older Dell desktop pc running W7. Seems to work fine. But- Plugging in USB Memory sticks into any slot on the case does not work. Not recognized by...
  9. Cloning to USB memory stick

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloning to USB memory stick: Partition Wizard is bootable from usb and allows the cloning of hard drives. Can I clone a ssd to USB memory stick and clone the USB back to the hard drive as a precaution against ssd failure? 117190
  10. USB Stick is not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Stick is not recognized: I have a 16GB USB stick. It had the ISO file of Windows 10 Anniversary Update. Today I "Wiped" it using MiniTool Parttion Wizard. Subsequently it was "Formatted" using the same tool. Now I have Windows 10 Creators Update in my Laptop. However, Window Explorer does not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. memory stick wont recognise #on laptop