Windows 10: PC Wake Problem

Discus and support PC Wake Problem in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; No matter how many times I put the PC to sleep it constantly wakes and is driving me insane. Here's the result from the cmd, please help as I really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ZiggyDee, Jul 20, 2020.

1. ZiggyDee Win User

PC Wake Problem

No matter how many times I put the PC to sleep it constantly wakes and is driving me insane.

Here's the result from the cmd, please help as I really don't understand it. PC Wake Problem 010e3844-7e89-417f-b8dc-8a20fae0b548?upload=true.jpg

:)

ZiggyDee, Jul 20, 2020

2. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard not waking PC up

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard doesn’t wake the computer from sleep or hibernate. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• Are you able to wake the computer using any other keyboard?
    • What is the complete model number of the Microsoft keyboard?

I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article
    Troubleshoot problems waking computer from sleep mode.

Note: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems
    resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

You can also try running the power troubleshooter and check if that helps.
    Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Update & Security, and select
      Troubleshoot from the left pane.
    3. Scroll down, look for Power troubleshooter, click on it and select
      Run the troubleshooter.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Valantar Win User

PC Wake Problem

Troubleshooting PCs spontaneously waking from sleep

First off: I tried disabling wake-up by the mouse on both PCs and disabling USB Selective Suspend too, to no avail.
    Thanks, I'll definitely look into that. Good to know that powercfg can list all wake-enabled devices, 'cause when I went through all ... eight-ish PCI-to-PCI bridge devices in Device Manager, none of them had wake events listed (in the "events" tab under Properties), which doesn't quite add up with one/more of them waking the PC a dozen or so times over the last few days. Of course, they don't even have the option to enable/disable waking the PC in the properties menu. I'll take a look at disabling a bunch of stuff through powercfg once I get home from work.

Sorry if I came across as rude, but honestly, your reply did not at all indicate that you'd read my post in the first place. I said I'd been looking at wake-up history in the Windows event log, and I listed several of the devices cited there as having woken up the PC. If you came away with the impression that I hadn't investigated this thoroughly, I suppose I might not have been clear enough, but it's all there in the post. While powercfg does give out some more detail (device IDs and such) than Event Viewer, it only lists the last wake-up, and as such doesn't really help in this instance, as it's clearly not a single device at fault, and tracking wake-ups over time seems more useful. Also, figuring out how to view wake-up events in the Event Log is what you do after you've concluded that powercfg isn't giving you enough information *Wink PC Wake Problem ;)

Valantar, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

PC Wake Problem

1. PC Wake Problem - Similar Threads - Wake Problem

2. Problem waking PC from sleep on Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem waking PC from sleep on Win 11: A few months ago I bought this pre-built PC:https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-supreme-gaming-desktop-amd-ryzen-7-7700-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3070-1tb-ssd-white/6533252.p?skuId=6533252For some reason I can't get it to wake from sleep mode. The fans/lights...
  3. Problem waking PC from sleep on Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem waking PC from sleep on Win 11: A few months ago I bought this pre-built PC:https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-supreme-gaming-desktop-amd-ryzen-7-7700-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3070-1tb-ssd-white/6533252.p?skuId=6533252For some reason I can't get it to wake from sleep mode. The fans/lights...
  4. Wi-Fi connectivity problem after PC wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi connectivity problem after PC wakes from sleep: Thanks in advance for any help solving a problem which is now about one month old.After my PC wakes from sleep, my Wi-Fi connection typically but not always takes 10-15 minutes to work or, if I need to get started for the day, I simply reboot. All other devices using the same...
  5. Wi-Fi connectivity problem after PC wakes from sleep

Wi-Fi connectivity problem after PC wakes from sleep: Thanks in advance for any help solving a problem which is now about one month old.After my PC wakes from sleep, my Wi-Fi connection typically but not always takes 10-15 minutes to work or, if I need to get started for the day, I simply reboot. All other devices using the same...
  6. Solution for the Bitlocker showing up after waking-up from sleep problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Solution for the Bitlocker showing up after waking-up from sleep problem: Hi, I noticed a lot of problems about Bitlocker showing up after waking-up from sleep mode without solutions only talking about power mode, drivers etc...I just want to tell you the problem might come from "Device Security", "Isolation Core - Activated". Once I activated it,...
  7. Wake problem and default account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wake problem and default account: Windows 10 won't wake with mouse or keyboard most of the time. Have to reboot.Occasionally the screen will come up but mouse doesn't work. Have to reboot.Checked that both mouse and keyboard are allowed to wake computer under Settings. Also checked that USB is allowed to wake...
  8. Wake problem and default account

Wake problem and default account: Windows 10 won't wake with mouse or keyboard most of the time. Have to reboot.Occasionally the screen will come up but mouse doesn't work. Have to reboot.Checked that both mouse and keyboard are allowed to wake computer under Settings. Also checked that USB is allowed to wake...
  9. Wake problem and default account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  10. Automatic sleep and wake problem in windows 11

Automatic sleep and wake problem in windows 11: Hello ! The problem is that my laptop is getting in sleep mode and wake many times for f.ex. 1 hour this makes damage to the health of the ssd and also the health of the battery . It does not support S3 sleep mode . The settings are made not to do the sleep mode , and it does...