Windows 10: PC wakes at night

Discus and support PC wakes at night in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; With powercfg /lastwake I found this source: Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Wake... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by IltisGraph72536, Sep 14, 2019.

1. PC wakes at night

With powercfg /lastwake I found this source:

Wake History Count - 1

Wake History [0]

Wake Source Count - 1

Wake Source [0]

Type: Wake Timer

Owner: [SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Windows\System32\svchost.exe (SystemEventsBroker)

Owner Supplied Reason: Windows will execute 'NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Universal Orchestrator Start' scheduled task that requested waking the computer.

I opened the TaskScheduler in admin mode and found the task - my problem is, when I uncheck the "wake computer to run task" part, I have to type in some password - my log in password nor my microsoft account password work - I get this message:

An error has occured for task Universal Orchestrator Start. Error message: The following error was reported. The supplied variant structure contains invalid data.

I can also select different usernames from a drop down:

S-1-5-18

User DT

App Prefetched Info

(the mail adress associated with my microsoft account)

3c251c4...

And two more entries that aren't even users and for which I can't enter a password

:)

IltisGraph72536, Sep 14, 2019

2. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Can't stop machine waking itself from hibernation

My desktop machine keeps waking itself up from hibernation, usually during the night, despite my having taken all reasonable steps to stop it. I have:
    • disabled waking on network, mouse and RTC in BIOS setup
    • disabled wake on mouse and network in device manager (and checked with powercfg -devicequery wake_armed)
    • disabled "allow wake timers" for all power plans
    It doesn't however wake itself up from S5 (shutdown). I also tried leaving it in S3 sleep for over 24 hours and it didn't wake up, although that's not long enough to be certain that it never would.

Unfortunately my records in Event Viewer only go back a bit over a week to my upgrade to Windows 10, but I did notice a pattern in the first few days of waking at around 00:17 or 00:18 in the morning. Event Viewer suggested that this was due to mcupdate_scheduler, which was scheduled to run at 00:19, so I changed the trigger (following some instructions from Microsoft), but the next night the machine woke earlier, at 23:45. Unfortunately event viewer had no idea what caused that particular event. And today I have just run powercfg -waketimer and apparently there is a task \blah\blah\updateorchestrator\reboot which requires waking the machine just after 02:00 tomorrow morning. Clearly trying to change each individual trigger is a hopeless game of whack-a-mole which will sooner or later result in my wrecking something. How on earth can I stop my machine waking up?

ricecrispies, Sep 25, 2019
  4. PC wakes at night

Windows 10 PC wakes up randomly in the night

Please see:

https://www.howtogeek.com/122954/how-to-prevent...

If the Wake Source says “Power Button,” that indicates that the power button on the PC was pressed to wake it up—an action you most likely took yourself.

If the Wake Source says something like “Device–HID-Compliant Mouse (or Keyboard),” that indicates the PC is configured for key presses and mouse movements to wake it.

If the Wake Source lists your network adapter, that indicates your PC is configured so that incoming network activity can wake it up—something that’s useful if you like having your PC go to sleep but still need it available to other network devices at times.

If the Wake Source says “Timer,” it means that a scheduled task woke the computer. The source information usually includes some indication about the task that woke the PC. For example, in the previous screenshot, I can tell that my PC was woken up in order
    to do a scheduled restart after an update.

You may also see something like “Wake Source: Unknown,” which is a bit more cryptic but at least it tells when the PC was awoken.

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

PC wakes at night

1. PC wakes at night - Similar Threads - wakes night

2. a usb device keeps waking my pc up in the middle of the night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a usb device keeps waking my pc up in the middle of the night: Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path: USB\VID_320F&PID_502A\6&a806194&0&2 Friendly Name: Description: USB Composite Device Manufacturer: Standard USB Host Controlleri did powercfg -lastwake and this popped...
  3. a usb device keeps waking my pc up in the middle of the night

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a usb device keeps waking my pc up in the middle of the night: Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path: USB\VID_320F&PID_502A\6&a806194&0&2 Friendly Name: Description: USB Composite Device Manufacturer: Standard USB Host Controlleri did powercfg -lastwake and this popped...
  4. Windows 10 - Night Light disabled after waking from Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - Night Light disabled after waking from Sleep Mode: This has been an on-going issue for some time. Aster being in Sleep Mode, Night Light becomes disabled when the PC is woken up. Obviously, this is when Night Light should be 'on'. To re-enable I have to go into Settings, and System. As soon as I select System, Night Light...
  5. I just did some windows update over night and when i wake up, certain apps greet me with...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I just did some windows update over night and when i wake up, certain apps greet me with...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Todosansy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kxxwc7/i_just_did_some_windows_update_over_night_and/
  6. Windows 10 Forced me to Update to 2004, and now my PC wakes me up every night at 3AM to the...

Windows 10 Forced me to Update to 2004, and now my PC wakes me up every night at 3AM to the...: I've been watching an episode or two of The Office, typically every night for the past year. It helps seranade me to sleep and I get to run through one of my all time favorite comfort shows before Netflix axes it in January. Only as of a few days ago, a Windows update that...
  7. Night Light only active on main monitor after waking from sleep

Night Light only active on main monitor after waking from sleep: I've been using Windows 10's night light feature for quite a long time now. Lately, on some evenings, my light light will only work on my main monitor, while the side monitors just have their normal colour. I think it only happens when the displays go to sleep from...
  8. win update wakes me up at night

win update wakes me up at night: I usually put my pc into sleep mode before going to bed cause there're lots of things going there and I don't want to reopen everything in the morning. The problem is windows sometimes turns the pc on in the middle of the night to install updates. But since there's a...
  9. PC wakes up in the middle of the night by StartMenuExperienceHost.exe

PC wakes up in the middle of the night by StartMenuExperienceHost.exe: Hi everyone, New windows installation, the PC keeps waking in the middle of the night. I have done all the steps needed like disabling wake up timers in power settings, disabling power management on all devices, etc and everything else that there is on the net. powercfg...
  10. Night light is reset after wake up

Night light is reset after wake up: I have night light set up to turn on on the schedule. It works. I also have my screen turning off after 15 minutes of idle. The problem is the night light disappears after the screen is turned on. If I go to night light setting, it says it is turned on. If I turn it off and...