Windows 10: PC wakes from sleep/hibernate randomly SOLUTION

Discus and support PC wakes from sleep/hibernate randomly SOLUTION in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I wanted to contribute and hope this helps someone. I had a problem for about a week, after upgrading to windows 10, where my pc would wake randomly.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by slopland, Jan 18, 2016.

1. slopland Win User

PC wakes from sleep/hibernate randomly SOLUTION

I wanted to contribute and hope this helps someone. I had a problem for about a week, after upgrading to windows 10, where my pc would wake randomly.
    I went through control panel and power and adjusted all of those settings, made to uncheck the box that allows the pc to wake for updates. This didn't work. Finally, I caught the pc after a wake and put in the cmd powercfg -lastwake.

This told me it was my PCI Ethernet card waking my PC. I went to the device manager, right clicked this card, went to the power management tab and unchecked "allow this to wake pc". This has corrected my problem.

Hope this helps someone.

:)

slopland, Jan 18, 2016
  2. aarogree Win User

Windows Default Lock Screen Stopped Working

The problem only shows up randomly and only after my computer wakes up from sleep/hibernation.

How would safe mode help me?

aarogree, Jan 18, 2016
  3. AlanOldUn Win User
    WIN 10 will not stay asleep

My lenovo all-in-one will hibernate and/or go to sleep but it wakes up seemingly randomly. I'm have to shut down instead.

Help please

AlanOldUn, Jan 18, 2016
Thema:

PC wakes from sleep/hibernate randomly SOLUTION

1. PC wakes from sleep/hibernate randomly SOLUTION - Similar Threads - wakes sleep hibernate

2. PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating: Hello Ms Community, I have an interesting problem I need your help with.As in the title, my PC is set up to turn screen off after 15 min, go to sleep after 30 min and finally hibernate after 120 min of inactivity. It does the first 2 things without a hitch, but has problems...
  3. PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating: Hello Ms Community, I have an interesting problem I need your help with.As in the title, my PC is set up to turn screen off after 15 min, go to sleep after 30 min and finally hibernate after 120 min of inactivity. It does the first 2 things without a hitch, but has problems...
  4. pc randomly waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    pc randomly waking from sleep: This HP desktop pc is continually waking when not in use and poser is set to 'sleep'.I do not understand the power setting options: "What do you want the pc to do when you press sleep?""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" shut down"?Isn't it natural that I...
  5. pc randomly waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc randomly waking from sleep: This HP desktop pc is continually waking when not in use and poser is set to 'sleep'.I do not understand the power setting options: "What do you want the pc to do when you press sleep?""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" shut down"?Isn't it natural that I...
  6. pc randomly waking from sleep

7. PC waking from sleep or hibernation on its own

PC waking from sleep or hibernation on its own: Recently my desktop computer will not sleep or hibernate. about 30 seconds after switching to sleep or hibernate the pc wakes up again. I am using Window 10 Home all updated to with the latest updates. Can anyone help please?...
  8. PC waking from sleep or hibernation on its own

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC waking from sleep or hibernation on its own: Recently my desktop computer will not sleep or hibernate. about 30 seconds after switching to sleep or hibernate the pc wakes up again. I am using Window 10 Home all updated to with the latest updates. Can anyone help please?...
  9. PC waking from sleep or hibernation on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. wake from sleep but not hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    wake from sleep but not hibernation: I have a related problem. I would like to set some task scheduler tasks to wake ONLY from sleep and NOT hibernation when on battery power. Is that possible in win 10? Is it possible that certain BIOSes might allow that to be set? Why I want this: I like hibernation...