Windows 10: PC wakes from sleep to sync time and HDMI audio is lost

Discus and support PC wakes from sleep to sync time and HDMI audio is lost in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For the last couple of weeks, I guess after upgrading to the Windows 10 Pro Preview Build 10586.545 or because of some windows update, I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AlexBw, Aug 12, 2016.

1. AlexBw Win User

PC wakes from sleep to sync time and HDMI audio is lost

For the last couple of weeks, I guess after upgrading to the Windows 10 Pro Preview Build 10586.545 or because of some windows update, I have been experiencing strange issues where, my PC wakes from sleep and the only thing that I can see in event viewer log is about syncing hardware clock with network time. It seems ridiculous that Windows thinks it is OK to wake the computer to sync time ! My PC is a power hungry gaming rig and waking up from sleep and staying on for hours while I am out is going to put a hole in my pocket.

The other issue is HDMI audio (with Nvidia HDMI Audio Drivers) is lost when the PC wakes from sleep and rebooting is the only thing that fixes it.

Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

:)

AlexBw, Aug 12, 2016

2. No HDMI Audio after resume from sleep\standby Windows 10

After upgrading to windows 10 my HDMI audio does not always work. When system wakes from sleep state audio does not work and I must restart the pc. On occasion if I have my pc on but not playing audio (video/music/games) for a while also stops working
    and need to reboot. This was not an issue while on 8.1

My monitor is my Samsung TV.

Also saw there was a very similar driver issue in 2010.

AdamRafferty, Aug 12, 2016
  3. OmriSh Win User
    HDMI Audio not recognized (In some cases)

Hi,

I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and it's seems like Windows 10 having issues with my LCD monitor.

I turn the computer
    on while the monitor is not set to the computer's HDMI input, then I switch the input to the computer's
    but Windows 10 does not recognize the HDMI Audio (but it recognize the screen, and showing the picture on the screen).

I came out with a temporary solution, I set the computer to Sleep mode, wake it up (with the monitor set on the computer's HDMI input), and only then the HDMI Audio working properly.

Any help would be appreciated PC wakes from sleep to sync time and HDMI audio is lost :)

OmriSh, Aug 12, 2016
  4. AlexBw Win User

So no one has the slightest clue ? Am I wasting my time here ?

AlexBw, Aug 15, 2016
Thema:

1. PC wakes from sleep to sync time and HDMI audio is lost - Similar Threads - wakes sleep sync

2. PC waking up by itself from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    PC waking up by itself from sleep: Since installing the 1903 update (running W10 Pro), I've noticed on several occasions that my PC has turned itself on from sleep... I've done some investigating and found the following is waking up the PC: [img] What is "Universal Orchestrator Idle Start" exactly and...
  3. waking from sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    waking from sleep.: I have just changed from Win 10 home 32 bit to the 64 bit version. The crap I had with it starting up, shutting down the doing full cold boot after waking from sleep with a long time to come up still exists. I do not believe I am the only person in the world with this...
  4. Waking pc from sleep with the mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Waking pc from sleep with the mouse: Up until yesterday, if my pc was in sleep mode and I wanted to use it, I simply had to click the mouse and it would kick into life. That doesn't happen anymore and I can't seem to get the answer. I thought about doing a system restore but I discovered this morning that the...
  5. No Audio via HDMI after monitor wakes from sleep - AMD Radeon HD 7800

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No Audio via HDMI after monitor wakes from sleep - AMD Radeon HD 7800: Hey! So I'm running my audio via HDMI from my graphics card and it plays through the speakers built into my monitor. When I first did the Win 10 update I had no audio whatsoever, and followed some suggestions on online forums that lead me to disable the Realtek High...
  6. PC Won't Wake From Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Won't Wake From Sleep: Las two weeks, when I hit any key or mouse, PC will not wake from sleep shows black monitor but its green light is on. Have turn pc off and restart which starts without any problems. I 89834
  7. Windows 10 PC waking from sleep at same time each day

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 PC waking from sleep at same time each day: Recently I have been finding my PC powered up when it should be sleeping. Using powercfg -lastwake does not show a cause but looking at system events I can that there are a series of events each day starting at 08:59:31. One of these is a Power - Troubleshooter event which...
  8. Time/Date jumps forward when PC wakes from Hibernation or Sleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    Time/Date jumps forward when PC wakes from Hibernation or Sleep.: When I wake my PC from sleep or/and hibernation the date and time always jump forward. Sometimes months. Here is what I've tried to fix it:- Checked time zone and region settings. Turn off hibernation via command line with >powercfg/h on Turn on hibernation via command...
  9. computer wakes from sleep at night time

in Windows 10 Support
    computer wakes from sleep at night time: Each morning when I wake up, my computer is on, rather than in sleep mode, as I left it. I have disabled the power of the mouse to wake it. What else can I try to fix this problem? 24004
  10. will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    will not wake from sleep: I have a 4 yr old custom built desktop upgraded from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro about 8 months ago. Up until two weeks ago the sleep/wake up has worked perfect. Now the unit will not wake from sleep. I have tried everything I have seen and nothing has worked. It has to be booted...