Windows 10: PC wakes from sleep to sync time and HDMI audio is lost

Discus and support PC wakes from sleep to sync time and HDMI audio is lost in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For the last couple of weeks, I guess after upgrading to the Windows 10 Pro Preview Build 10586.545 or because of some windows update, I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AlexBw, Aug 12, 2016.

1. AlexBw Win User

PC wakes from sleep to sync time and HDMI audio is lost

For the last couple of weeks, I guess after upgrading to the Windows 10 Pro Preview Build 10586.545 or because of some windows update, I have been experiencing strange issues where, my PC wakes from sleep and the only thing that I can see in event viewer log is about syncing hardware clock with network time. It seems ridiculous that Windows thinks it is OK to wake the computer to sync time ! My PC is a power hungry gaming rig and waking up from sleep and staying on for hours while I am out is going to put a hole in my pocket.

The other issue is HDMI audio (with Nvidia HDMI Audio Drivers) is lost when the PC wakes from sleep and rebooting is the only thing that fixes it.

Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

:)

AlexBw, Aug 12, 2016

2. No HDMI Audio after resume from sleep\standby Windows 10

After upgrading to windows 10 my HDMI audio does not always work. When system wakes from sleep state audio does not work and I must restart the pc. On occasion if I have my pc on but not playing audio (video/music/games) for a while also stops working
    and need to reboot. This was not an issue while on 8.1

My monitor is my Samsung TV.

Also saw there was a very similar driver issue in 2010.

AdamRafferty, Aug 12, 2016
  3. OmriSh Win User
    HDMI Audio not recognized (In some cases)

Hi,

I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and it's seems like Windows 10 having issues with my LCD monitor.

I turn the computer
    on while the monitor is not set to the computer's HDMI input, then I switch the input to the computer's
    but Windows 10 does not recognize the HDMI Audio (but it recognize the screen, and showing the picture on the screen).

I came out with a temporary solution, I set the computer to Sleep mode, wake it up (with the monitor set on the computer's HDMI input), and only then the HDMI Audio working properly.

Any help would be appreciated PC wakes from sleep to sync time and HDMI audio is lost :)

OmriSh, Aug 12, 2016
  4. AlexBw Win User

So no one has the slightest clue ? Am I wasting my time here ?

AlexBw, Aug 15, 2016
Thema:

1. PC wakes from sleep to sync time and HDMI audio is lost - Similar Threads - wakes sleep sync

2. Win10 PC immediately wake from sleep first time, but sleep normaly at second time?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 PC immediately wake from sleep first time, but sleep normaly at second time?: powercfg/lastwake returnsWake History Count - 1Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 0powercfg/waketimers returns weird chinese? letterTimer set by [PROCESS]...
  3. Win10 PC immediately wake from sleep first time, but sleep normaly at second time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 PC immediately wake from sleep first time, but sleep normaly at second time?: powercfg/lastwake returnsWake History Count - 1Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 0powercfg/waketimers returns weird chinese? letterTimer set by [PROCESS]...
  4. Win10 PC immediately wake from sleep first time, but sleep normaly at second time?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hdmi audio out not in sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hdmi audio out not in sync: I have just noticed that my audio output from my laptop to my TV and from there to my sound system using optical cable is not in sync. This has been fine before but now it is not in sync. When I connect my laptop to a Bluetooth device for audio it is in sync, so just via HDMI...
  6. Hdmi audio out not in sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hdmi audio out not in sync: I have just noticed that my audio output from my laptop to my TV and from there to my sound system using optical cable is not in sync. This has been fine before but now it is not in sync. When I connect my laptop to a Bluetooth device for audio it is in sync, so just via HDMI...
  7. Pc waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc waking from sleep: So, I have this problem where my pc immediately wakes itself up from sleep. I have done everything like powercfg, power management to disable wake up but nothing works. Powercfg lastwake shows type: fixed feature and source: power button. But, I'm sure it's not happening...
  8. W10 PC waking from sleep every time immediately.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    W10 PC waking from sleep every time immediately.: Hello, I'm not an expert and any help would be greatly appreciated. W10 PC, keeps waking from Sleep. A few months ago, this would happen occasionally. I could not find anything for this. I did in power options set the "allow wake timers" to disable. That fixed the problem,...
  9. BSOD every time PC wakes from sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD every time PC wakes from sleep mode: I wondered if anyone can provide any help with a very frustrating issue I have been having. My system is a fair few years old and I have never had any problems until recently. All of a sudden, a few weeks ago, I noted that every single time my PC wakes from sleep mode it BSOD...
  10. computer wakes from sleep at night time

in Windows 10 Support
    computer wakes from sleep at night time: Each morning when I wake up, my computer is on, rather than in sleep mode, as I left it. I have disabled the power of the mouse to wake it. What else can I try to fix this problem? 24004