Windows 10: PC wakes itself seconds after turned in sleep mode

Discus and support PC wakes itself seconds after turned in sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi to all mention that I need the computer to be able to be wake up with Wake on LAN. That works. The problem is that now, after seconds of turning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Angel Ruiz Fernandez, Aug 1, 2020.

1. PC wakes itself seconds after turned in sleep mode

Hi to all

mention that I need the computer to be able to be wake up with Wake on LAN. That works.

The problem is that now, after seconds of turning the PC in sleep mode, it wakes it self up.

This is the output of powercfg -lastwake:

Recuento de historial de activación - 1

Historial de activación [0]

Recuento de origen de activación - 1

Origen de activación [0]

Tipo: característica fija

Botón de inicio/apagado

Its in spanish, what I get from this is that the power button made the PC woke up.

But that doesn't makes any sense, first, it is never pressed. Second, in energy options is setted up to "Turn on/off" the computer. And the sleep button, I think there is no such a thing in my PC phisically is set to do nothing.

Can anyone help me? I don't want my computer to be all night turned on, or when I'm not home.

:)

Angel Ruiz Fernandez, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Heshie75v Win User

PC shuts down after trying to wake from sleep mode.

After my Win 10 PC goes into the sleep mode and I try to wake it, the PC just shuts itself down.
    I have not tried much of anything to fix this. Any suggestions ?
    Thanks

Heshie75v, Aug 1, 2020
  3. PC turns on by itself when in Safe Mode, then again turns off (SOLVED)

bump. sadly, after 10-15minutes of sleep again, after disabling on board LAN on wake up, system started rolling again. this time it went to login screen, waiting for me to log in, so it means, if i would put my system to sleep it would turn itself up and spend some electricity for nothing (last times without disabling onboard LAN, system woke up, few seconds did its work and put back itself to sleep without turning screen on)

i will try to unplug my USB wifi adapter and see if that will change anything.
    -edit: didnt solve it aswell

strangely, i cant figure this out by myself. any other suggestions? as i said, its no big deal, as almost never put my system to sleep (i turn it off, when i dont need it because of fast SSD bootups), but still want to figure this out.

karklinskarlis1993, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Brixie253 Win User

PC wakes itself seconds after turned in sleep mode

Pc turning itself on while in sleep mode

I recently bought a gaming pc and for some reason when i put it to sleep, it turns itself on after awhile. I already went to the device manager and turned off the the stuff that could wake it and turned off the scheduled tasks but it still turns on. What
    should i do now?

Brixie253, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

PC wakes itself seconds after turned in sleep mode

1. PC wakes itself seconds after turned in sleep mode - Similar Threads - wakes itself seconds

2. Second Monitor Won't Turn On After Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor Won't Turn On After Waking From Sleep: Second Monitor Won't Turn On After Waking From SleepI have dual monitors and I extend them, however, every time my computer wakes from sleep, the second monitor loses signal and I have to restart the computer. I tried to go to display and extend it again, but it won't work. I...
  3. Second Monitor Won't Turn On After Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second Monitor Won't Turn On After Waking From Sleep: Second Monitor Won't Turn On After Waking From SleepI have dual monitors and I extend them, however, every time my computer wakes from sleep, the second monitor loses signal and I have to restart the computer. I tried to go to display and extend it again, but it won't work. I...
  4. PC is turned on and it shutdown itself after 5 seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC is turned on and it shutdown itself after 5 seconds: Seeking assistance in regard to the belowWhenever I turned on a PC it automatically shuts down 5seconds. Then whenever i switch it back on, it never shutdown. it only happens on first time switch on.Thanks,...
  5. PC is turned on and it shutdown itself after 5 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is turned on and it shutdown itself after 5 seconds: Seeking assistance in regard to the belowWhenever I turned on a PC it automatically shuts down 5seconds. Then whenever i switch it back on, it never shutdown. it only happens on first time switch on.Thanks,...
  6. PC is turned on and it shutdown itself after 5 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Sleeping mode - PC turns on by itself

Sleeping mode - PC turns on by itself: Some times it turns on immediately and some times it takes some hours after I select sleep mode. I already disabled "Allow wake timers" in Advanced settings / Power Opitions and saw a couple ways to fix this problem which involves the command "powercfg -lastwake" in the cmd...
  8. PC Continually Waking itself from sleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Continually Waking itself from sleep.: I basically went into a tech coma for a year and didn't do anything with my computer. In that time, my teenage son devastated my computer. Multiple crashes and virus infestations. I thought I had it cleaned up, but I am having doubts. My computer is constantly waking itself...
  9. PC never wakes after going to sleep mode

PC never wakes after going to sleep mode: HI , I am using HP CC 129Tx with win 10 1809 Issue 1 : if i leave my PC for like 10 min the screen gets blacked ( turned off ). then I have to force shut down it to use it again as striking the keys and moving the cursor is not helping me . it's like unresponsive . 2 :...
  10. Computer wakes up seconds after it enters sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer wakes up seconds after it enters sleep mode.: Recently, whenever I put my computer into sleep mode it will turn on shortly after. Most times, I can hear my computer turn on as I am walking away. I know there may be similar posts, but none of them have solved my specific problem. I have already disabled the LAN setting...