Windows 10: PC wakes up at 6pm every day Universal Orchestrater Start

Discus and support PC wakes up at 6pm every day Universal Orchestrater Start in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi New PC build. Windows 10 Pro ver 10.0.18363 Build 18363. As the title says, exactly at 6pm the PC wakes from sleep. Powercfg /lastwake -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Mrl72, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Mrl72 Win User

PC wakes up at 6pm every day Universal Orchestrater Start

Hi

New PC build. Windows 10 Pro ver 10.0.18363 Build 18363.

As the title says, exactly at 6pm the PC wakes from sleep.

Powercfg /lastwake - returns "unknown".

Wake timers in Power > sleep is disabled.

I spent some time disabling all the tasks in the task scheduler for the Universal Orchestrator, disabling what I could and using PSEXEC.

Finally, when I run powercfg /waketimers it displays NONE. So I put the machine to sleep, then 6pm next day it wakes.

I run powercfg /waketimers and it shows:

Reason: Windows will execute 'NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Universal Orchestrator Start' scheduled task that requires waking the computer.

I am at my wits end here. I've spend days trying to figure this out, going through every piece of advice I can find here. It just makes no sense!

Appreciate any advice on anything I've overlooked.

Thank you!

:)

Mrl72, Mar 12, 2020

2. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Mar 12, 2020
  3. rgp1942 Win User
    turn off Universal Orchestrator wake-up

Since going to 1903 my computer has been spontaneously waking up from sleep. I've disabled all the devices that can wake up a PC. Checking last wake-up indicates it is universal orchistrator doing the dirty work. I want to be able to check for updates
    when I want to, not when Microsoft wants to. This ability is no longer available in Win10.

Is there a registry way to prevent universal orchistrator from waking up the PC? Better yet, is there a utility/tool that will allow one to turn off wake-up everywhere? Something simpler than all the labor intensive fixes I'm seeing online regarding this
    issue.

Thanks!

rgp1942, Mar 12, 2020
  4. Valantar Win User

Troubleshooting PCs spontaneously waking from sleep

First off: I tried disabling wake-up by the mouse on both PCs and disabling USB Selective Suspend too, to no avail.
    Thanks, I'll definitely look into that. Good to know that powercfg can list all wake-enabled devices, 'cause when I went through all ... eight-ish PCI-to-PCI bridge devices in Device Manager, none of them had wake events listed (in the "events" tab under Properties), which doesn't quite add up with one/more of them waking the PC a dozen or so times over the last few days. Of course, they don't even have the option to enable/disable waking the PC in the properties menu. I'll take a look at disabling a bunch of stuff through powercfg once I get home from work.

Sorry if I came across as rude, but honestly, your reply did not at all indicate that you'd read my post in the first place. I said I'd been looking at wake-up history in the Windows event log, and I listed several of the devices cited there as having woken up the PC. If you came away with the impression that I hadn't investigated this thoroughly, I suppose I might not have been clear enough, but it's all there in the post. While powercfg does give out some more detail (device IDs and such) than Event Viewer, it only lists the last wake-up, and as such doesn't really help in this instance, as it's clearly not a single device at fault, and tracking wake-ups over time seems more useful. Also, figuring out how to view wake-up events in the Event Log is what you do after you've concluded that powercfg isn't giving you enough information *Wink PC wakes up at 6pm every day Universal Orchestrater Start ;)

Valantar, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

1. PC wakes up at 6pm every day Universal Orchestrater Start - Similar Threads - wakes 6pm every

2. Waking up second Monitor at start up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Waking up second Monitor at start up: Hello, I added a second monitor. When I power up or wake up the computer, The second monitor does not awaken. I need to power off and power on the second monitor. It otherwise works fine. Any idea what setting to adjust?...
  3. Laptop freezes after the first start-up of the day, every day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freezes after the first start-up of the day, every day: I've been having this issue for a few weeks, but I'm not entirely sure when it started, so I cannot determine a concrete root cause. My computer freezes every day after the first start-up, requiring a hard shutdown. At the end of the night, I shut down my computer, and start...
  4. Computer freezes after the first start-up of the day, every day

Computer freezes after the first start-up of the day, every day: I've been having this issue for a few weeks, but I'm not entirely sure when it started, so I cannot determine a concrete root cause. My computer freezes every day after the first start-up, requiring a hard shutdown. At the end of the night, I shut down my computer, and start...
  5. wake up at 12am every night

in Windows 10 Customization
    wake up at 12am every night: my pc wakes up at 12 am every night, i have turned off all devices from device manager, looked at all the scheduled tasks and nothing worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wake-up-at-12am-every-night/6b44b6f4-227b-4d3e-85d7-61032bfefce7
  6. Task "Universal Orchestrator Start" keeps waking up my computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task "Universal Orchestrator Start" keeps waking up my computer: Hello, I just want to prevent Update Orchestrator from waking up my computer. I've already gone into Task Manager with pstools and the following command psexec.exe -i -s% windir% \ system32 \ mmc.exe / s taskschd.msc In the "Universal Orchestrator Start" task, I have...
  7. Blue dump error every day for first time pc is started

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue dump error every day for first time pc is started: Error which i can see in event viewer The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0xffffbd09cf64e620, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff80672664a04, 0x0000000000000002). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  8. turn off Universal Orchestrator wake-up

in Windows 10 Customization
    turn off Universal Orchestrator wake-up: Since going to 1903 my computer has been spontaneously waking up from sleep. I've disabled all the devices that can wake up a PC. Checking last wake-up indicates it is universal orchistrator doing the dirty work. I want to be able to check for updates when I want to, not...
  9. BSOD's after waking from sleep, every day.

BSOD's after waking from sleep, every day.: The two zip's are attached. I keep getting multiple BSODS, sometimes they are IRQ NOT LESS and sometimes others. The drivers are always different but usually caused by windows drivers. It always 100% of the time occurs when I wake the laptop from sleep, it will freeze up...
  10. PC freezes every three days

in Windows 10 Support
    PC freezes every three days: The problem first cropped up on 4th Jan 2017. I turned my AIO PC off and tried to turn it back on a few hours later. There was a blank screen with nothing on. Thinking it was a display problem which happened a couple of times before I pressed the ON button. The desktop screen...