Windows 10: PC wakes up from sleep mode on its own

Discus and support PC wakes up from sleep mode on its own in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Sometimes the issue occurs at night. It is really annoying. I ran the Cmd prompt, powercfg - lastwake and found a report that Extensible Host... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Previn Chetty, Feb 15, 2020.

1. PC wakes up from sleep mode on its own

Sometimes the issue occurs at night. It is really annoying. I ran the Cmd prompt, powercfg - lastwake and found a report that Extensible Host controller AMD USB 3.0 - 1.0 is culprit. I went to the Device Manager to turn off the sleep mode in this controller but didn’t find the Power Management tab for this device

:)

Previn Chetty, Feb 15, 2020

2. Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 15, 2020
  3. PC waking up automatically from sleep mode

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the PC is waking from sleep mode as soon as you set it for sleep mode.

I appreciate your efforts in trying to find out that the issue is due to the wireless mouse and keyboard you are using.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    2. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?

Refer the article
    Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to check the power management tab for the driver and see if that helps.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run’.
    2. In Run dialog box, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and hit enter.
    3. Expand the Keyboard and Mouse drivers.
    4. Double-click on the drivers and click on Power Management tab.
    5. Un-check the box next to Allow this device to wake the computer.
    6. Click on OK and close the device manager.

Try putting the PC to sleep mode and then check if the PC is waking up automatically.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 15, 2020
  4. PC wakes up from sleep mode on its own

Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

PC wakes up from sleep mode on its own

1. PC wakes up from sleep mode on its own - Similar Threads - wakes sleep mode

2. PC wakes up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC wakes up from sleep mode: I put PC to sleep, it usually only stays asleep for a few minutes and wakes back up.I Googled online and carried out following:In Power & sleep set up in 'allow wake timers'I set to disabled.No difference.Then found that you can see the cause by using CMD and running:...
  3. My computer wakes itself up from sleep mode immediately on its own. This is an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer wakes itself up from sleep mode immediately on its own. This is an...: My computer wakes itself up from sleep mode immediately on its own. This is an intermittent issue I have noticed.Sometimes I put PC to sleep, my computer wakes up by itself immediately, after that happens usually I can put it back to sleep and it will stay asleep but...
  4. My computer wakes itself up from sleep mode immediately on its own. This is an...

My computer wakes itself up from sleep mode immediately on its own. This is an...: My computer wakes itself up from sleep mode immediately on its own. This is an intermittent issue I have noticed.Sometimes I put PC to sleep, my computer wakes up by itself immediately, after that happens usually I can put it back to sleep and it will stay asleep but...
  5. My computer intermittently wakes itself up from sleep mode on its own. This is an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer intermittently wakes itself up from sleep mode on its own. This is an...: My computer intermittently wakes itself up from sleep mode on its own. This is an intermittent issue I have noticed.Sometimes I put PC to sleep, my computer wakes up by itself, after that happens usually I can put it back to sleep and it will stay asleep but sometimes I have...
  6. My computer intermittently wakes itself up from sleep mode on its own. This is an...

My computer intermittently wakes itself up from sleep mode on its own. This is an...: My computer intermittently wakes itself up from sleep mode on its own. This is an intermittent issue I have noticed.Sometimes I put PC to sleep, my computer wakes up by itself, after that happens usually I can put it back to sleep and it will stay asleep but sometimes I have...
  7. PC waking from sleep or hibernation on its own

PC waking from sleep or hibernation on its own: Recently my desktop computer will not sleep or hibernate. about 30 seconds after switching to sleep or hibernate the pc wakes up again. I am using Window 10 Home all updated to with the latest updates. Can anyone help please?...
  8. PC waking from sleep or hibernation on its own

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC waking from sleep or hibernation on its own: Recently my desktop computer will not sleep or hibernate. about 30 seconds after switching to sleep or hibernate the pc wakes up again. I am using Window 10 Home all updated to with the latest updates. Can anyone help please?...
  9. PC waking from sleep or hibernation on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Windows 10 wake up from sleep on its own

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 wake up from sleep on its own: My laptop model is Asus x507UF and OS is windows 10. When i click to "Sleep" from start manu, it goes to sleep but after less than 2s it wake up on its own without any user interaction. What can i do now?...