Windows 10: PC waking from sleep or hibernation on its own

Discus and support PC waking from sleep or hibernation on its own in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Recently my desktop computer will not sleep or hibernate. about 30 seconds after switching to sleep or hibernate the pc wakes up again. I am using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JamesCairns5, Jan 30, 2022.

1. PC waking from sleep or hibernation on its own

Recently my desktop computer will not sleep or hibernate. about 30 seconds after switching to sleep or hibernate the pc wakes up again. I am using Window 10 Home all updated to with the latest updates. Can anyone help please?

:)

JamesCairns5, Jan 30, 2022
  2. DaleDarin Win User

WIndows 10 will not wake up from sleep or hibernation

I am running windows 10 19041.388 on an HP All in One PC and cannot get it to wake up from sleep. I have done the following:

1. Allow mouse and keyboard to allow device to wake up computer.
    2. Updated drivers
    3. Turn off fast start up
    4. Re-enable Hibernation via Command Prompt
    5. USB Selective Suspend Setting - Disabled
    I have tried the above steps using both a wired HP mouse and a wireless Jelley Comb mouse

DaleDarin, Jan 30, 2022
  3. Hibernation and Sleep not working on my WIndows 10 PC after latest update

Hello,

There are many possible reasons for this hibernation and sleep not working issue. The most common causes are
    corrupted Power settings or outdated display drivers. In order for us to efficiently assist you with your concern regarding the issue of waking up from sleep/hibernation, we just have a few questions for you:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you get any error messages upon waking up your computer from hibernation/sleep?
    • Have you also tried performing the power troubleshooter?
    If you still haven't, we suggest trying the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.

Delete the current power plan and create it again.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Jan 30, 2022
  4. claylomax Win User

PC waking from sleep or hibernation on its own

Shutting down, hibernating, or sleeping?

I only get hibernate and allow wake timers not allow hybrid sleep.

claylomax, Jan 30, 2022
Thema:

PC waking from sleep or hibernation on its own

1. PC waking from sleep or hibernation on its own - Similar Threads - waking sleep hibernation

2. PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating: Hello Ms Community, I have an interesting problem I need your help with.As in the title, my PC is set up to turn screen off after 15 min, go to sleep after 30 min and finally hibernate after 120 min of inactivity. It does the first 2 things without a hitch, but has problems...
  3. PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating: Hello Ms Community, I have an interesting problem I need your help with.As in the title, my PC is set up to turn screen off after 15 min, go to sleep after 30 min and finally hibernate after 120 min of inactivity. It does the first 2 things without a hitch, but has problems...
  4. PC waking from sleep or hibernation on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC waking from sleep or hibernation on its own: Recently my desktop computer will not sleep or hibernate. about 30 seconds after switching to sleep or hibernate the pc wakes up again. I am using Window 10 Home all updated to with the latest updates. Can anyone help please?...
  5. PC waking from sleep or hibernation on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC waking from sleep or hibernation on its own: Recently my desktop computer will not sleep or hibernate. about 30 seconds after switching to sleep or hibernate the pc wakes up again. I am using Window 10 Home all updated to with the latest updates. Can anyone help please?...
  6. wake from sleep but not hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    wake from sleep but not hibernation: I have a related problem. I would like to set some task scheduler tasks to wake ONLY from sleep and NOT hibernation when on battery power. Is that possible in win 10? Is it possible that certain BIOSes might allow that to be set? Why I want this: I like hibernation...
  7. Windows 10 wake up from sleep on its own

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 wake up from sleep on its own: My laptop model is Asus x507UF and OS is windows 10. When i click to "Sleep" from start manu, it goes to sleep but after less than 2s it wake up on its own without any user interaction. What can i do now?...
  8. Trying to solve issue with PC waking from hibernate on its own.

Trying to solve issue with PC waking from hibernate on its own.: I have a program on my phone that I use to send a magic packet to my pc to cause wake on LAN. However my pc will randomly turn on its own without me sending it any packets. It happens inconsistently so it shouldn't be anything to do with the clock I think. I have included a...
  9. PC wakes up from sleep mode on its own

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC wakes up from sleep mode on its own: Sometimes the issue occurs at night. It is really annoying. I ran the Cmd prompt, powercfg - lastwake and found a report that Extensible Host controller AMD USB 3.0 - 1.0 is culprit. I went to the Device Manager to turn off the sleep mode in this controller but didn’t find...
  10. HP450 Laptop wakes up on its own from hibernation

HP450 Laptop wakes up on its own from hibernation: I have an HP450 running Windows 10 version 1903. It wakes up on its own from hibernation. Seems to occur if we leave it in hibernation for about 8 hours. I have reviewed other similar problems on Community but cannot resolve this. I disabled setting for plugged in:...