Windows 10: Pc waking from sleep

Discus and support Pc waking from sleep in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, I have this problem where my pc immediately wakes itself up from sleep. I have done everything like powercfg, power management to disable wake up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ankitchem6, Feb 23, 2021 at 9:32 AM.

1. Pc waking from sleep

So, I have this problem where my pc immediately wakes itself up from sleep. I have done everything like powercfg, power management to disable wake up but nothing works. Powercfg lastwake shows type: fixed feature and source: power button. But, I'm sure it's not happening because of power button. It's going to hibernate but not sleep.

submitted by /u/ankitchem6
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ankitchem6, Feb 23, 2021 at 9:32 AM

2. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 23, 2021 at 9:38 AM
  4. Pc waking from sleep

Troubleshooting PCs spontaneously waking from sleep

I've also battled with sleep/wake issues over the years, and from experience have learned that trying to find, or rationalise, the root cause is a waste of time. All you need is `powercfg`.

`powercfg -devicequery wake_armed` from an Administrator PowerShell window/Command Prompt will give you a list of all devices that can possibly wake the PC. This command is interesting because very often, it will show devices that you'd never expect being able to wake your computer. I think in one instance I had the chipset device listed!

`powercfg -devicedisablewake "device_name_from_device_query"`will prevent said device from ever waking the computer. This command is 100% the only thing I have found that will resolve sleep/wake problems. Updating drivers, unplugging peripherals, switching to a cleaner power supply (UPS), changing ethernet cables... none of those have helped, yet`powercfg -devicedisablewake` has done the trick.

Note that occasionally, devices you have disabled wake for may start waking up the PC again - this happens if you plug a USB device into a different port, or occasionally when drivers are updated, because Windows sees it as a new device. In that case rerun `powercfg` to find and disable that device again.

If this does not resolve your wake issues, I would start looking at power fluctuations.

Thema:

Pc waking from sleep

1. Pc waking from sleep - Similar Threads - waking sleep

2. windows 10 pc wakes up from sleep into lock screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 pc wakes up from sleep into lock screen: Instead of reverting to the last thing I was working on it wakes up into lock screen. I have noticed that just before it goes to sleep it momentarily displays lock screen too. This is a very recent problem - it used to work correctly...
  3. Just reinstalled windows again, for the same reason. After it wakes up from a longer sleep,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just reinstalled windows again, for the same reason. After it wakes up from a longer sleep,...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MrEdinLaw [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ls41ih/just_reinstalled_windows_again_for_the_same/
  4. Insert key puts pc to sleep and wakes it up all of the sudden?

Insert key puts pc to sleep and wakes it up all of the sudden?: INSERT key on keyboard puts PC to sleep and wakes it up, Never use to be like this and It's kind of annoying, how can i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insert-key-puts-pc-to-sleep-and-wakes-it-up-all-of/067378a2-282b-4f7c-80ed-9c4d3942195c
  5. PIN used in waking up computer after sleep

PIN used in waking up computer after sleep: Many times I use the sleep mode when not using my computer. When I try to wake it up I get the following: Pin not available Error code 0x8009002d I can get back in using my password. When I initially start up the computer the PIN works. I usually disconnect from the...
  6. Keep getting BSOD after waking the laptop from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keep getting BSOD after waking the laptop from sleep: Hi, I am having this issue where windows will wake from sleep with BSOD. I would greatly appreciate any help in analyzing the minidump and identifying what could be the issue. The minidump can be found here https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArFlxMPh2-S7hT9LAd1gK8FOkA-N?e=vE4Atr I can...
  7. Dual monitor, one doesn't sleep, open windows group to primary on wake

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitor, one doesn't sleep, open windows group to primary on wake: Okay Reddit... I have no where else to go! I have dual monitors, running off a 1660 super via DP. I keep my computer running but I set my monitors to sleep after x-min. Something keeps my 2nd monitor from sleeping properly, a phantom signal keeps the monitor on but doesn't...
  8. Computer wakes up from sleep into BIOS

Computer wakes up from sleep into BIOS: This has happened 3 times now from posting this question but I have left my computer on and it goes to sleep mode after 10 minutes and when I come back into the room I will see the BIOS screen and I can't get out of it. Anytime I hit save and exit or discard and exit it just...
  9. Computer wakes from sleep because of "AMD USB 3.10 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 Microsoft"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer wakes from sleep because of "AMD USB 3.10 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 Microsoft": Over the last week or so my computer has been a bit annoying because it wakes itself from sleep every hour or so. Going into the cmd and using powercfg -lastwake, it always says that it was woken by "AMD USB 3.10 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 Microsoft," the problem is I...
  10. Sleep option missing, Hibernate waking like sleep from mouse and keyboard on new build

Sleep option missing, Hibernate waking like sleep from mouse and keyboard on new build: Problem I built a new PC. When I tell it to hibernate and wait a few seconds for fans and lights to stop, it wakes when I press a key on my keyboard as if it were sleeping. I am pretty sure it is sleeping. Also, "Sleep" is not available in the start menu power options....