Windows 10: PC waking up automatically from sleep mode

Discus and support PC waking up automatically from sleep mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; On my Win 10 64 desktop PC, the monitor goes to sleep as per settings then immediately wakes. Have tried different solutions without any success. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LesFarkas, Aug 14, 2019.

1. LesFarkas Win User

PC waking up automatically from sleep mode

On my Win 10 64 desktop PC, the monitor goes to sleep as per settings then immediately wakes. Have tried different solutions without any success. The only thing that works if I remove MS wireless mouse 5000/keyboard 3050 transceiver. Then the monitor stays asleep (of course, I can't use the mouse then). Any help?

Thanks

***Original title: Monitor Sleep/Wake Problem***

:)

LesFarkas, Aug 14, 2019

2. Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Aug 14, 2019
  4. WaytGibbs Win User

Windows 10 - Problem waking up from sleep mode

This worked for me on a Lenovo Horizon2 27 all-in-one PC that was able to sleep manually but could not be wakened once sleeping after upgrading to Windows 10 Home.

I ran the powercfg /energy and examined the report as GoWMike describes. It showed no driver errors but suggested that there is a problem with the system's "High Performance" power setting that may prevent normal waking from manually induced sleep.

I used powercfg /list to show available modes, copied the GUID for Balanced mode, and then used this with the powercfg /activate command to change the plan.

I also used powercfg /devicequery wake_from_any

to get a list of device names for components capable of waking the system from sleep, and then I used

powercfg /deviceenablewake <devicename>

to make certain that the touchscreen and power button are armed to wake the machine.

After restarting, sleep and wake then functioned properly again.

WaytGibbs, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

1. PC waking up automatically from sleep mode - Similar Threads - waking automatically sleep

2. PC wakes up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC wakes up from sleep mode: I put PC to sleep, it usually only stays asleep for a few minutes and wakes back up.I Googled online and carried out following:In Power & sleep set up in 'allow wake timers'I set to disabled.No difference.Then found that you can see the cause by using CMD and running:...
  3. PC wakes up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC wakes up from sleep mode: I put PC to sleep, it usually only stays asleep for a few minutes and wakes back up.I Googled online and carried out following:In Power & sleep set up in 'allow wake timers'I set to disabled.No difference.Then found that you can see the cause by using CMD and running:...
  4. PC wakes up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. PC won't wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC won't wake up from sleep mode: After my PC goes to sleep it won't wake up no matter which button I press when I'm trying to resume my work. The only option is to restart the PC by pressing the Power button. Please, pay attention to this issue as it is going on for months and many other users have...
  6. PC wakes up automatically from Sleep mode

PC wakes up automatically from Sleep mode: Hi, I have Windows 10 version 2004 and earlier it didn't go to sleep mode after closing the lid,I did in place upgrade. Now that problem is solved. But new problem is that Laptop wakes up from sleep mode automatically just a few seconds after I put it to sleep mode. However...
  7. My sleep mode wakes up automatically

My sleep mode wakes up automatically: How do you keep the computer in sleep mode until you want to wake it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-sleep-mode-wakes-up-automatically/ac9fe4b8-cd01-49d3-8b2e-7df756b45e4c
  8. waking up from sleep mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    waking up from sleep mode: how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-from-sleep-mode/b4ff1b9a-ea46-4a3a-975c-1d05f338aeae"
  9. PC won't wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't wake up from sleep mode: Did look trough the forum, but no solution PC won't respond from mouse or keyboard when in sleep mode. Did unchecked and rechecked the USB device "allow the device to wake up" Pressing the power switch will restart pc in a fresh boot-up, All files closed. No error message....
  10. Custom PC not waking up from sleep mode

Custom PC not waking up from sleep mode: My custom computer doesn't wake up from sleep mode whenever I try to wake it up. It's a problem that started a few weeks ago, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to resolve it. I tried everything I've could, and I think I might have a lead. I was able to wake the...