Windows 10: PC wants a password when finishing startup.

Discus and support PC wants a password when finishing startup. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I turned on my PC to do work, and I was locked out of it for several hours. I never authorized Microsoft to require a password. My PC is now the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by josephryan4, Jun 9, 2023.

1. PC wants a password when finishing startup.

I turned on my PC to do work, and I was locked out of it for several hours. I never authorized Microsoft to require a password. My PC is now the generic windows garbage I changed it from two years ago. How do I remove the password prompt when I turn on my laptop?

:)

josephryan4, Jun 9, 2023

2. Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Jun 9, 2023
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jun 9, 2023
  4. PC wants a password when finishing startup.

Password At Startup

Hello Charles,

Providing your credentials at Windows startup is supposed to be required. If it is not prompting you, it is possible that it had been disabled. Follow the steps to enable the required password at Windows startup:

• Type netplwiz in Search.
    • Click netplwiz run command.
    • Enter your administrator credentials if prompted.
    • Check the box beside Users must enter a username and password to use this computer.
    • Hit Apply.
    • Enter the credentials you will be using to sign in to your Windows 10.
    • Click OK.
    • Click OK to save the changes.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

PC wants a password when finishing startup.

1. PC wants a password when finishing startup. - Similar Threads - wants password finishing

2. PC wants a password when finishing startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC wants a password when finishing startup.: I turned on my PC to do work, and I was locked out of it for several hours. I never authorized Microsoft to require a password. My PC is now the generic windows garbage I changed it from two years ago. How do I remove the password prompt when I turn on my laptop?...
  3. I want to require a startup password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to require a startup password: I originally set up Windows 10 to not require a password on startup. I now want to change that so that a password is required. I set everything up in Windows Hello with a Kensington fingerprint scanner. It requests a password after sleep but still automatically logs me in on...
  4. I want to require a startup password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to require a startup password: I originally set up Windows 10 to not require a password on startup. I now want to change that so that a password is required. I set everything up in Windows Hello with a Kensington fingerprint scanner. It requests a password after sleep but still automatically logs me in on...
  5. I want to require a startup password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. 3ds Max crash when startup finished on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3ds Max crash when startup finished on windows 11: Here is my CrashDump files.https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1M5SWgHuoagq2judLigNc8AJrGhLYhfQR?usp=sharingPlease help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3ds-max-crash-when-startup-finished-on-windows-11/7616e7f8-272d-4162-98f7-cc5e00437cf1
  7. 3ds Max crash when startup finished on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3ds Max crash when startup finished on windows 11: Here is my CrashDump files.https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1M5SWgHuoagq2judLigNc8AJrGhLYhfQR?usp=sharingPlease help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3ds-max-crash-when-startup-finished-on-windows-11/7616e7f8-272d-4162-98f7-cc5e00437cf1
  8. Advanced startup menu, what password does it want?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Advanced startup menu, what password does it want?: I'm trying to boot to a command prompt using the advanced startup menu. I select my account (email address) then it insists on a password. I've tried my pin and my microsoft password and both are rejected. What does it want, or how can I get around this? submitted by...
  9. Reset this PC not finishing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset this PC not finishing: So I'm attempting to reset my PC to remove all the non-essential files off the drive I boot from. It allows me to start resetting it but when it reaches about 50% it takes me to the menu with continue, use another operating system, troubleshoot, and turn off your pc. The one...
  10. Change PC Startup login password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change PC Startup login password: How does one change onscreen password to login with Win10 PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-pc-startup-login-password/cb330154-e7c6-4433-8357-d71f18c38ac4