Windows 10: PC wifi and Lan connectivity issues

Discus and support PC wifi and Lan connectivity issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; (Windows version number: Windows 10 version 1809 (OS Build 17763.973)) So here's my setup. I have a router downstairs plugged into another computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by archsoul, Feb 9, 2020.

1. archsoul Win User

PC wifi and Lan connectivity issues

(Windows version number: Windows 10 version 1809 (OS Build 17763.973))

So here's my setup. I have a router downstairs plugged into another computer (not mine), and my Pc is upstairs. I use a wifi extender that connects to the router wirelessly, and then I have an ethernet cable running from the extender to my pc in order to increase my speeds upstairs and whatnot. I can also connect to the wifi downstairs or the wifi on my extender, however it tends to be slower so I usually dont. (extender model: NETGEAR Wi-Fi Booster Range Extender EX3700 - Coverage Up-to 1000 sq ft and 15 Devices with AC750 Dual Band Wireless Signal Repeater (Up-to 750 Mbps) and Compact Wall Plug Design with UK Plug: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories )

I have been having some issues for the past few days where upstairs, my speeds have become significantly slower than usual. This includes connecting my pc to the wifi from the downstairs router, the wifi on the extender and the ethernet cable from my pc to the extender. The speeds start off at around what they should be on the speed test, but then significantly decrease from around 80mbps to about 1-2 mbps. When I move my pc downstairs and plug it into the router directly, I have no issues with speeds. I get around 200mbps directly from this. I think the speeds are also fine downstairs when I connect via wifi to the router when my pc is closer to it, as i ran tests multiple times, however I did come across a few times where they were slower than they were supposed to be. I do not think the issue is with the extender, as both connections to it from my pc seem fine when I move the extender downstairs, closer to the router.

I think the issue must be something to do with range, as everything seems to improve the closer I get to the router, however this setup has been fine for a while, and I dont know whats caused it to start dropping so recently.
    Any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as I am currently having to work with incredibly slow speeds upstairs, no matter which connection I choose.

Thanks,
    Archie

:)

archsoul, Feb 9, 2020
  2. jonkb Win User

Asus P5Q Onboard Lan issues...

I've just reformated my pc, and it all runs fine except for the the onboard lan. I've tried every LAN driver on ASUS list, and I can't get it to work. It keeps searching for the connection, but it never finds it. The internet runs fine on my moms PC, so it can't be the internet provider*Frown PC wifi and Lan connectivity issues :( Onboard LAN is enables in BIOS, and I did try to clear CMOS without any luck.
    Any suggestions? It really sux.... I think the P5Q Pro is a buggy board...

jonkb, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Lan disconnects frequently on wifi router

I have a wifi router setup,
    internet on my laptop works fine which is connected on wireless
    but my pc which is connected through lan with wifi router get disconnected after some time, and to make it work I have to disable and then enable it.

Please help regarding this issue.

smartali89, Feb 9, 2020
  4. stevenc47 Win User

Lan and wifi connection switching randomly

Am running Windows 10 homewith HP laptop. I am connected directly to my cable/phone modem and, also, have installed Netgear router connected to modem. My internet connection keeps on changing from LAN to Netgear wifi. It is bothersome when trying to download and surf. Not sure whether it's a Windows problem or Netgear problem. Any suggestions would be helpful.

stevenc47, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

1. PC wifi and Lan connectivity issues - Similar Threads - wifi Lan connectivity

2. Share WiFi connection to LAN AcessPoint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Share WiFi connection to LAN AcessPoint: I want to share my internet connection I receive via WiFi with my access point, which is connected to my PC via LAN. When trying to share my connection via "Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections"-Properties-Sharing-Allow other network users to connect through...
  3. Share WiFi connection to LAN AcessPoint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Share WiFi connection to LAN AcessPoint: I want to share my internet connection I receive via WiFi with my access point, which is connected to my PC via LAN. When trying to share my connection via "Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections"-Properties-Sharing-Allow other network users to connect through...
  4. Share WiFi connection to LAN AcessPoint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. PC connected via Lan and Phone connected via Wifi not in the same network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC connected via Lan and Phone connected via Wifi not in the same network.: I have my PC connected via Lan Cable and my phone connected via Wifi. Remote file access to my phone does not work and the error says that my phone is not connected on the network. I also have the similar error using Window's Phone link. Can you help me resolve this so that I...
  6. PC connected via Lan and Phone connected via Wifi not in the same network.

PC connected via Lan and Phone connected via Wifi not in the same network.: I have my PC connected via Lan Cable and my phone connected via Wifi. Remote file access to my phone does not work and the error says that my phone is not connected on the network. I also have the similar error using Window's Phone link. Can you help me resolve this so that I...
  7. PC connected via Lan and Phone connected via Wifi not in the same network.

8. Connect to another PC LAN

Connect to another PC LAN: Hello, I have a simple problem and I hope to get a straight answer:"How can I know my WINDOWS credentials?"Both computers are connected to the same Microsoft account, I used to use the account mail address and password as credentials but since I'm using the new "passwordless"...
  9. Windows 10 1903 wifi, LAN and Bluetooth connectivity issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1903 wifi, LAN and Bluetooth connectivity issues: Hi, the following happened after running the Windows 10 update from 1803 to 1903 on 29 Oct 2019, after shutdown and then boot on 30 Oct 2019: - Could not connect to Wifi network (Broadcom adapter) - Could not connect to modem using ethernet cable to modem (Broadcom adapter)...
  10. Lan and wifi connection switching randomly

Lan and wifi connection switching randomly: Am running Windows 10 homewith HP laptop. I am connected directly to my cable/phone modem and, also, have installed Netgear router connected to modem. My internet connection keeps on changing from LAN to Netgear wifi. It is bothersome when trying to download and surf. Not...