Windows 10: PC Wifi connection drops whenever I do something "Intensive".

Discus and support PC Wifi connection drops whenever I do something "Intensive". in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Over the past year, whenever I downloaded a game at more than around 5 MB/s my Wifi connection dropped (just for my PC not everything). This was not an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Slinkiee, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Slinkiee Win User

PC Wifi connection drops whenever I do something "Intensive".

Over the past year, whenever I downloaded a game at more than around 5 MB/s my Wifi connection dropped (just for my PC not everything). This was not an issue as I just throttled the download and it was fine. Over the past 3 days, things took a turn for a worse. Now, whenever I try to open a specific game (large MMO) it drops connection, and stops my PC working until I sign out and sign back in/ restart. I have tried making it so my Network Adaptor doesn't turn itself off to save power (didn't change anything). I also updated all network drivers and did all Window Updates. (Also did not change anything). I wouldn't know of anything that I have done that has changed over the past few days. I use the current version of Window 10.

-Possibly related: Sometime a certain other game crashes randomly while in game. It also causes a similar outcome as to when my WIFI has disconected recently (freezes). (It does not show that there was any disconnection of wifi that took place - which is why I think it might not be the same issue). This specific issue has been happening over the past 3 weeks.

:)

Slinkiee, Mar 15, 2019

2. Can't Connect to this network and Windows 10 drops Wifi connection.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/news/457707/Windows-10-Break-Wifi-Connection-How-To-Fix-It

Step 1 – First things first, Right-Click the newly-reinstated Start Menu and select Command Prompt (Admin)
    from the drop-down menu.

Step 2 – Type out the following command, then hit the Enter key

reg delete HKCRCLSID{988248f3-a1ad-49bf-9170-676cbbc36ba3} /va /f

Step 3 Enter the below command
    into the Command Prompt and then triumphantly hit the Enter key

netcfg -v -u dni_dne

Step 4 – Restart the PC and then double-check your wifi settings. You should now see a revived list of all of the available networks
    within range.

If you know you are running an older version of Cisco VPN client
    PC Wifi connection drops whenever I do something "Intensive". [​IMG]
    or
    SonicWall Global VPN, it is worth uninstalling the software before upgrading your PC to Windows 10 to avoid the issue.

StKnoWhere, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Champ Win User
    GPU intensive RTS?

This list is great. Now I got some buying to do, but please keep them coming. I love games that make me step my PC up.

Champ, Mar 15, 2019
  4. PC Wifi connection drops whenever I do something "Intensive".

Windows 10 dropping wifi connection

My laptop keeps dropping the wifi connection. It then says it can't find any wifi networks. Eventually it connects again for 5-10 minutes before it drops again. None of my other devices have any problems with the wifi network. I have followed all the steps
    here repeatedly and nothing has made any difference:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

Any ideas what to try next? It's driving me mad! Thanks.

VROBINSON1, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

PC Wifi connection drops whenever I do something "Intensive".

1. PC Wifi connection drops whenever I do something "Intensive". - Similar Threads - Wifi connection drops

2. bsod while doing something that is not intense load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bsod while doing something that is not intense load: I have encountered this problem ever since I bought this laptop I have try replace ram ssd reseat/remove wireless, cable reinstall windows update driver now that I am starting to suspect gpu cpu can anyone look into my minidump and tell me what is itmsi gf75 thin 10ucMinidump...
  3. bsod while doing something that is not intense load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bsod while doing something that is not intense load: I have encountered this problem ever since I bought this laptop I have try replace ram ssd reseat/remove wireless, cable reinstall windows update driver now that I am starting to suspect gpu cpu can anyone look into my minidump and tell me what is itmsi gf75 thin 10ucMinidump...
  4. Wifi fails when I use it for something intensive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi fails when I use it for something intensive: I've had my pc for about 3 months now and nothing i've done has been able to fix the problem. Idk if its a Windows thing or a hardware thing but at this point i'm out of optionsWhenever I use something resource intensive, like streaming video or playing video games or...
  5. Wifi fails when I use it for something intensive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi fails when I use it for something intensive: I've had my pc for about 3 months now and nothing i've done has been able to fix the problem. Idk if its a Windows thing or a hardware thing but at this point i'm out of optionsWhenever I use something resource intensive, like streaming video or playing video games or...
  6. Wifi fails when I use it for something intensive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Disk Usage 100% whenever i open something or do something.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk Usage 100% whenever i open something or do something.: Like the caption says, everytime i open a program or uninstall a program the disk usage rises up to 100% and im pretty sure it's like that when i talk on discord and play games too. I tried disabling the search and sysmain i tried updating windows (although it keeps showing...
  8. wifi drops connection

wifi drops connection: The issue occurs every now and then. Wifi drops connection when my PC is idle. So I have to click the wifi button and press disconnect and then press reconnect. The issue is really annoying...
  9. WiFi connection drop

WiFi connection drop: Every time I connect to wifi on my laptop with Windows 10, it freezes and fails. The laptop works well when it is disconnected, but as soon as I connect it to the internet it freezes. Please help, I can not do any work....
  10. Dropping WiFi connections

Dropping WiFi connections: Laptop, clean Windows install (1809 17763.107). Driver for Intel Wireless LAN Driver 20.80.0.0u installed EventID 1014 10400 5005 5002 5000 Q: Does anybody have a suggestion/idea ? Note: no other applications have been installed yet. [img] - 1014 Name resolution for...