Windows 10: Pc wifi wont find iphones 8 hotspot

Discus and support Pc wifi wont find iphones 8 hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Trying to use iphones hotspot for pc, tethering works ok but not Wi-Fi, I have a keyboard connected with pc's wifi it works fine, tried everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Brenbtm, May 11, 2019.

1. Brenbtm Win User

Pc wifi wont find iphones 8 hotspot

Trying to use iphones hotspot for pc, tethering works ok but not Wi-Fi, I have a keyboard connected with pc's wifi it works fine,

tried everything within setting, ran trouble shooter it says Wi-Fi turned off, yet keyboard working, when I turn wifi on in settings it keeps turning itself off,

it wont stay on, (only stays on until I close the settings page) I reinstalled windows 10 in settings and still the same problem.

:)

Brenbtm, May 11, 2019
  2. NRNA Win User

iPhone 8 hotspot

SarahKong thanks for your reply,

Before receiving your reply I have followed steps from link below and resolved the issue using "Solution 4" from link

Fix: Windows 10 doesn't connect to iPhone's WiFi hotspot

3. No internet / wifi from hotspot

So I have a Surface Pro 4 running windows 10 was working perfect this morning on my normal wifi. I pack it up to go somewhere and when I try to connect it to an iphone or iPad hotspot I just got it connected but with no internet. Both the ipad and iphone were getting internet as I'm writing this from my ipad and doing things on my phone.

I tried resetting all of them and turning hotspot, bluetooth, wifi on and off.. I've had problems connecting pc's to apple hotspots before, normally just rebooting everything and toggling hotspot on/off does the trick.

I started reading some internet troubleshooting guides, one suggested I reset my network settings on my phone.

I did this - now the surface pro 4 won't even connect to it. It will see the wifi network but will not connect.

The ipad it connects but does not give me internet access.

I also tried my friends iphone hotspot to just make sure it wasn't something with my devices and it did the same thing.

Any ideas?

realtordcnova, May 11, 2019
  4. [mjc] Win User

Windows 10, Mcafee Firewall, Ethernet Broadband, Dell XPS User trying to use Win10 Hotspot for Ipad and Iphone

Questions from Nathanial with my responses underlined:

We would like to ask some questions to know the best possible resolution.

• Have you tried changing the password of the Wifi hotspot and update the password on your phone?
      Per your question, I just completed this: Edited my wifi hotspot password to a different one, "forgot" that wifi hotspot on my iPhone, selected it again and used new password, the iPhone was given a secure connection
      (indicated by the locked lock icon) but again in red reads "No Internet Connection." Clicking IPhone info, the suggestion was to reboot my modem, which I did and then reboot my pc (because doing that 3 times fast in the 90s worked magic) but to no avail.

• Have you tried connecting different device on your Wifi hotspot and check if the issue persists?
      I have tried all the same steps mentioned above with my ipad as well...both, however, have the same ios. The ipad pro did not work either and had same result.

• Have you tried to connect your phone to different Wifi hotspot and check if the issue persists?
      Both ipad and iPhone have used wifi hotspots seamlessly around the world several times with no issues. I run my iPhone hotspot and my ipad pro connects to it as does dell/win10.

I am guessing here, but i think the closest i have come to a resolution was to tinker with my mcafee firewall to try and "allow" my iPhone ipaddress through but I followed steps and it did not work. Plus, that just
    sounds to superuserish to me. However, my windows defender firewall is off and mcafee firewall is on...to complete the scenario.

This is a fairly default setup I have along with thousands of other dell pc's sold with win 10 and mcafee. I am shocked how elusive this setup is.

michael

[mjc], May 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Pc wifi wont find iphones 8 hotspot - Similar Threads - wifi wont find

2. PC won't connect to iPhone personal hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't connect to iPhone personal hotspot: Hello, I am currently trying to connect my PC to my iPhone personal hotspot but nothing is appearing under the wifi list. From my settings on my phone, it says it should appear as MyName's iPhone. I have also contacted Apple regarding this issue and they said that all the...
  3. PC won't connect to iPhone personal hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC won't connect to iPhone personal hotspot: Hello, I am currently trying to connect my PC to my iPhone personal hotspot but nothing is appearing under the wifi list. From my settings on my phone, it says it should appear as MyName's iPhone. I have also contacted Apple regarding this issue and they said that all the...
  4. PC not recognizing iPhone hotspot over USB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC not recognizing iPhone hotspot over USB: Hi all, Any help will be greatly appreciated. OK, I have an iPhone X with a Verizon unlimited plan on it. This plan includes personal hotspot usage, and I use it all the time by my pc via USB. However, recently I plugged my phone in to my pc, turned on my hospot like I...
  5. Wifi Mobile Hotspot enabled but get 'No Internet Connection' on iPhone

Wifi Mobile Hotspot enabled but get 'No Internet Connection' on iPhone: At work, I use the 'Wifi Mobile Hotspot' to connect my phone to the internet, off the PC which is running Windows 10. It has been working fine for years. Then, one day my phone stops connecting to the internet, even though it picks up the computer's hotspot and the internet...
  6. Hotspot created from iPhone 8 Plus is not visible on Windows PC

Hotspot created from iPhone 8 Plus is not visible on Windows PC: My WIndows 10 laptop can no longer see the Hot Spot from my iPhone 8 Plus. Other phones can still see it and connect to it, but it doesn't appear in the list of SSIDs that are available for my laptop to connect to. ***Original title: My Windows 10 laptop can no longer see...
  7. My iPhone hotspot wont show up in the networks

My iPhone hotspot wont show up in the networks: it's starting to make me mad how my iPhone hotspot will show up on my ps4 but won't show up on my PC. Help mee https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-iphone-hotspot-wont-show-up-in-the-networks/b1ac7a51-56a4-4818-8f8e-67f5b2ec78a6
  8. Unable to connect to Iphone Hotspot via WIFI

Unable to connect to Iphone Hotspot via WIFI: Hi, I have been having issues connecting my laptop to my Iphone Data Hotspot via WIFI. I am able to connect other devices to my Hotspot via WIFI but not my laptop. I have tried connecting via lightning cable and it works fine! I have a video of what happens to my iphone...
  9. iPhone 8 hotspot

iPhone 8 hotspot: I am having problems my computer does not connect to iPhone 8 hotspot. Does anyone has had the same problem? How to resolve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/iphone-8-hotspot/43492e8b-c73b-4071-98ed-19f4dafeed63
  10. Find MS WiFi hotspots

in Windows 10 News
    Find MS WiFi hotspots: Find MS WiFi hotspots [img] Out and about? Microsoft Wi-Fi provides coverage in many locations, with more hotspots continuously added as our service expands globally. Search in our interactive map below to see what Microsoft Wi-Fi locations are near you*. Click...