Windows 10: PC Will Not Automatically Sleep

Discus and support PC Will Not Automatically Sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After reinstalling windows after getting a new drive I encountered a strange issue, my computer will never sleep automatically. I have reduced the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by n4v1, Jul 28, 2020.

1. n4v1 Win User

PC Will Not Automatically Sleep

After reinstalling windows after getting a new drive I encountered a strange issue, my computer will never sleep automatically. I have reduced the timer down to 1 minute and still nothing. Running "powercfg -devicequery wake_armed" results NONE, and running "powercfg -requests" results in NONE since I have disabled all of them. I have also tried unplugging everything and it still did not work. Any help on what I can do here? I have researched this topic extensively and did not find any solutions that worked for me.

I am on Version 2004 (Build 19041.388) and all of my drivers are up to date.

- - - Updated - - -

I should also add that safe mode did not resolve this either.

:)

2. Eric Ber Win User

PC goes to sleep automatically.

Hi Hamza,

Conflicts with the power settings is one of the possible reasons why your computer goes to sleep automatically. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.

Meanwhile, you can try to run the Power troubleshooter. Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with your system's power settings. You can follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel by right click on
      Start
      Button.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to follow the troubleshooting steps in this

thread
    that were provided by Aleksandr 10 and JanElliott_1969.

We're looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Computer goes to Sleep mode automatically

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below if not tried already and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Eldmor Win User

PC wakes from sleep automatically?

Hello. I did all the steps you listed.

1) You can't use sleep in safe mode

2) Clean boot did not help at all.

Eldmor, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

1. PC Will Not Automatically Sleep - Similar Threads - Automatically Sleep

2. Windows 10 Build 2004 Automatic Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Build 2004 Automatic Sleep Mode: Since Microsoft installed Build 2004 on my PC the automatic sleep mode does not work. The screen turns off but the PC keeps running. I can also get the PC to enter sleep mode manually. Can anybody help me to get my PC into automatically enter sleep mode again? What is...
  3. windows 2004 MoUSO Core Worker Process MoUsoCoreWorker.exe prevent my PC to sleep automatically

windows 2004 MoUSO Core Worker Process MoUsoCoreWorker.exe prevent my PC to sleep automatically: Windows 2004 MoUSO Core Worker Process MoUsoCoreWorker.exe prevent my PC to sleep automatically after update on August, i used CMD "powercfg -quests" it shows MoUsoCoreWorker.exe constantly don't want my PC sleep when idle after 15 mins, but i can sleep manually on Windows...
  4. CPU won't go into sleep automatically after upgrade to version 2004

CPU won't go into sleep automatically after upgrade to version 2004: Hi, Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit. Recently upgraded to OS version 2004 Since the upgrade, the monitor will turn off when idling time reached threshold. But CPU will not go into sleep mode automatically. Password is required on wake-up so I'm sure it never went into sleep....
  5. PLZ HELP, LAPTOP WILL AUTOMATICALLY TURN OFF AFTER SLEEPING FOR SOME TIME,

PLZ HELP, LAPTOP WILL AUTOMATICALLY TURN OFF AFTER SLEEPING FOR SOME TIME,: HI, I tried fixing it for a whole day, still can't fix it, is it hard ware issue? or a software issue? Please tell me how to fix it, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/plz-help-laptop-will-automatically-turn-off-after/c78071f6-c538-4755-a21b-189e05b10b1d
  6. Laptop Windows 10 goes to hibernation after few hours from sleep mode automatically.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop Windows 10 goes to hibernation after few hours from sleep mode automatically.: When I put my PC to sleep, I've noticed that it starts automatically after a few hoursmight be 3,4 or even after 6 hours it's very unpredictable don't know why it happens so randomly even if the lid is closed it starts up and goes to hibernation modei guess cause when I start...
  7. sleep mode not working automatically

sleep mode not working automatically: My computer is not going into sleep mode after the most recent MS update. I can manually put it into sleep Start, power, sleep but does not go into sleep automatically after not being used the setting I have set it on. The display will go to sleep but the hd won't. I was...
  8. Computer only sleeps automatically if internet is disconnected

Computer only sleeps automatically if internet is disconnected: my computer will not go to sleep automatically. It has no problem going to sleep and staying asleep if i put it to sleep manually. I have tried the following things monitor does turn off automatically still: Updating Windows via windows update Updating all drivers Running...
  9. PC won't sleep automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC won't sleep automatically: So apparently this is a problem when going into 1903 and 1909 And an update should have fixed this for ppl EXECUTION: [SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume5\Windows\System32\svchost.exe (UsoSvc) Universal Orchestrato This is what's keeping my pc awake So do I have to...
  10. PC won't wake up after it goes into sleep mode manually or automatically

PC won't wake up after it goes into sleep mode manually or automatically: For some reason whenever my PC goes into sleep mode, it doesn't wake up at all when pressing buttons on my mouse or keyboard, and even the power button... Its completely unresponsive and i have to hold the button to force a restart, sometimes even having to turn the power bar...