Windows 10: PC will not boot for 30 minutes after windows update

Discus and support PC will not boot for 30 minutes after windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Since the Windows Updates in August I have found that after installing an update and shutting down/powering up or restarting my PC starts up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ventix909, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Ventix909 Win User

PC will not boot for 30 minutes after windows update

Hello

Since the Windows Updates in August I have found that after installing an update and shutting down/powering up or restarting my PC starts up and then switches off before starting up again.

When the PC starts up there is no signal to the monitor but my keyboard and mouse light up showing they are receiving power from the motherboard. I have noticed when the issue occurs the power light can be off and the soft reset button will not be light.

I find I have to leave the PC off for 30 minutes and then it starts up with no issues. All this seems to have occurred following the August windows updates been applied.

Any advice which can be offered to resolv ethis issue would be appreciated.

:)

Ventix909, Sep 23, 2018
  2. BradWRO Win User

Windows 10: 35 minute boot time on fast PC

Hi.

I recently upgraded my PC to windows 10. Initially (the first two days) it was rocket fast at booting up - amazingly so.

Yesterday though something must have happened because now it takes 30 minutes to boot up. When it is finally running it is super-quick and everything works. It is just the crazy long boot time that is the problem.

It displays the Windows 10 icon briefly, then goes black for 30-35 minutes. Then it starts OK.

Details (I am not a technical person sorry).

PC has a 250GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Was running Windows 7 64bit before upgrade.

I have tried:

-Disabling and updating graphics drivers (no effect)

-Defrag Hard drives.

-Full system scan x2 with Nortons.

-Disable/enable "fast startup"

-Scan disk came up clean

I have a feeling it may be something to do with the communication between the SSD and HDD but have no idea how to assess this problem.

Any suggestions would be welcome,

Cheers

BradWRO, Sep 23, 2018
  3. Windows XP Error: Could not Boot after update

repairing windows will just fix any damaged files, id suggest taking off your over clocking settings the try booting in, maybe when you updated you also updated some censoring device which is now causing you a problem with your over clock settings.

jocksteeluk, Sep 23, 2018
  4. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

1. PC will not boot for 30 minutes after windows update - Similar Threads - boot minutes update

2. My PC shutdowns after EXACTLY 30 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC shutdowns after EXACTLY 30 minutes: Hi, so recently I have been having problems with my PC. Last week I had it repaired, and I turned it on, updating drivers and stuff. At first, it was working perfectly fine, but yesterday I forgot to update my GPU drivers so I upgraded and after 30 minutes or so it shut down...
  3. My PC shutdowns after EXACTLY 30 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC shutdowns after EXACTLY 30 minutes: Hi, so recently I have been having problems with my PC. Last week I had it repaired, and I turned it on, updating drivers and stuff. At first, it was working perfectly fine, but yesterday I forgot to update my GPU drivers so I upgraded and after 30 minutes or so it shut down...
  4. My PC shutdowns after EXACTLY 30 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows boot takes about 20-30 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows boot takes about 20-30 minutes: I have this error for like 4 weeks and I think narrowed it down to some SSD driver problem. I've recorded the boot process and used performance analyzer. I found out that Boot session init phase takes the most time and freezes the boot process, the only thing going on the...
  6. Windows boot takes about 20-30 minutes

Windows boot takes about 20-30 minutes: I have this error for like 4 weeks and I think narrowed it down to some SSD driver problem. I've recorded the boot process and used performance analyzer. I found out that Boot session init phase takes the most time and freezes the boot process, the only thing going on the...
  7. 30 Minute boot time after a brownout.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    30 Minute boot time after a brownout.: Recently had a brownout pretty common where I live this time of year and after rebooting my PC it took approximately 30 minutes to load into the UI. Once in the UI absolutely nothing worked for another half hour, setting, cmd, disk cleanup even my 3rd party apps like discord....
  8. 30 Minute boot time after a brownout.

30 Minute boot time after a brownout.: Recently had a brownout pretty common where I live this time of year and after rebooting my PC it took approximately 30 minutes to load into the UI. Once in the UI absolutely nothing worked for another half hour, setting, cmd, disk cleanup even my 3rd party apps like discord....
  9. Windows boot up takes 30 minutes

Windows boot up takes 30 minutes: Hey guys, I have a problem with system Boot. Last months i have a problem booting my PC, it takes more than 20 minutes to boot up. It used to do this only when the computer was restarted, now it always happens when I turn on the computer. Here is link with System Summary...
  10. BSOD after 30 minutes after boot

BSOD after 30 minutes after boot: I run Win10 under Parallels at MacBook. Few days ago it started to crash about 30 minutes after boot. I don't need to do anything, just wait and it will die. Usually it's REGISTRY_ERROR, but sometimes another error. sfc shows some errors, but they don't look dangerous....