Windows 10: PC will not boot to Windows after doing a system restore

Discus and support PC will not boot to Windows after doing a system restore in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Thinkpad was sent in to Lenovo for warranty service mother board replacement. It has been returned to factory settings. After doing the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Stickpoole, Jan 26, 2021.

1. PC will not boot to Windows after doing a system restore

My Thinkpad was sent in to Lenovo for warranty service mother board replacement. It has been returned to factory settings. After doing the Windows setup I did a recovery of a system backup using my backup software. After that the Thinkpad would no longer boot to Windows. It also was not able to do a reset so that I could start over. I now find that I have duplicate 259MB SYSTEM partitions and duplicate Win_DRV Recovery partitions that show Total size of 000 MB. At this point I find that in addition to not being able to reset I cannot even install from a Windows install image.

How do I recover from this?

I have gone through various scenarios that have been suggested and have experienced issues that do not allow me to boot to Windows successfully. I have not found a way to get into Safe mode. When I get to Command prompt to run the Bootrec and diskpart commands I get a response saying that the file cannot be found when I run Bootrec /Fixboot. I can run Bootrec /? successfully so Bootrec.exe is there.

The only suggestion I have gotten from my backup software support is to delete all of the partitions and then try another restore. I am concerned about doing that and am not sure exactly how to go about it in the state the PC is in at this point.

:)

Stickpoole, Jan 26, 2021
  2. KBD
    KBD Win User

PC Won't Boot After Install and Restart

I was able to clear CMOS by taking out the battery and then putting it in after 5 min. That helped and i was able to boot, i got some kind of a checksum error and was given a choice to restore to last known good configuration or to default, i chose option number 1 and was able to boot into Windows, however after i restarted the PC i was back to square 1 where system wouldn't boot as before.

What do i do now? Clear CMOS again and attempt to boot into Windows do a system restore and uninstall that program that may have been the cause of this problem? Any suggestions?

3. Pinchy Win User
    windows xp duel boot with vista restore points

Turn off system restore in XP altogether...or if you dont want to, AsRocks suggestion should work :\

Pinchy, Jan 26, 2021
  4. booner Win User

PC will not boot to Windows after doing a system restore

system restore, no cd

hi, is it possible to do a system restore on xp without the cd? i was told that it was possible to download a tool to do a restore.
    Reason i want to do this is my pc says all that ' not genuine windows' and ' pc could be at risk', type stuff, which im sure is down to some malware on my pc, and just wondered if a restore would aid removal of this malware?

booner, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

PC will not boot to Windows after doing a system restore

1. PC will not boot to Windows after doing a system restore - Similar Threads - boot doing system

2. my pc won't do system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc won't do system restore: My pc got a few updates in the last few days and it has rendered the system practically unusable. Startup is extremely slow and pages take forever to load. Even search is ridiculously slow. simple commands take a long time to complete , if at all. I tried system restore and...
  3. my pc won't do system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc won't do system restore: My pc got a few updates in the last few days and it has rendered the system practically unusable. Startup is extremely slow and pages take forever to load. Even search is ridiculously slow. simple commands take a long time to complete , if at all. I tried system restore and...
  4. my pc won't do system restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC system restoration

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC system restoration: So my issue is kind of all over the place. It started when my games were randomly getting tabbed out. I was going through various troubleshooting methods, one of which was updating Windows 10. Upon updating and restarting, I got a message saying that there was a problem with...
  6. Windows 10 won’t boot after System Restore

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 won’t boot after System Restore: System Restore is a feature that allows you to take Windows 10 to a state where everything was working fine. But then it may so happen that when you try tried restoring, the computer just does not reboot! The system may initiate an Automatic Repair, but it keeps booting back...
  7. System restored will not boot

System restored will not boot: I restored a backup, now it will no boot. Tried all repair options I can find, no joy, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restored-will-not-boot/7fff9b58-55c0-4b21-91b4-b83c2d63124d
  8. After restoring a system image on HDD, the PC can't boot from SSD.

in Windows 10 Support
    After restoring a system image on HDD, the PC can't boot from SSD.: A year ago, I bought a new PC and there was pre-installed on the HDD Windows 10 1709. Then I added from within Windows 10 the Safe Mode option to the boot menu. So I could see 2 options in the boot menu -- 1 for the routine boot and 1 for the Safe Mode boot. Few weeks ago I...
  9. Automatic repair boot loop after system restore

Automatic repair boot loop after system restore: I recently installed an update through windows update and noticed the wifi wasnt working so i did a system restore, all worked fine until 5 minutes after rebooting when a blue screen came up and now my laptop is stuck in a loop of turning on. Automatic repair failing and...
  10. can not boot up after doing system restore

in Windows 10 Support
    can not boot up after doing system restore: i wanted to wipe out my pc so i did a system restore and choose the option *do this if your are selling the pc" now i am stuck on a recovery page that says: Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired The operating system couldn't be loaded because the kernel is...