Windows 10: PC will not boot up after upgrading to Win 10 & going back to 7

Discus and support PC will not boot up after upgrading to Win 10 & going back to 7 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys I've been having this problem for a few days now and have no idea how to fix it T_T. Anyways a couple of days ago my computer updated to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tzadikt, May 14, 2016.

1. Tzadikt Win User

PC will not boot up after upgrading to Win 10 & going back to 7

Hey guys I've been having this problem for a few days now and have no idea how to fix it T_T.

Anyways a couple of days ago my computer updated to Windows 10, I didn't like it and used the recovery option to go back to Windows 7. However it never made it as now it does not boot up at all. I am not the best with PCs, but this is what I have done so far:
    • When I start my computer it does the black screen telling me to either start windows normally or do the systems repair. I've run the systems repair, but it does not find anything and the other options do not work as I do not have any restore points and so on because they were lost when I went to 10, and I literally went back to 7 in like 5 mins.
    • When I do click start normally I get a blue screen which I will post below.
    • Currently I am using the computer in Safe Mode which works, and it is worth noting in Safe Mode it is in Windows 7 so I presume it did downgrade but just does not load in normal mode.
    • Yes I have checked the safe mode option, it is not on so it is not that.
    • I tried reupgrading to Windows 10 (I do not care at this point I just want my PC to work), but that has not worked either as I cannot upgrade in Safe Mode.
    • I ran a SFC SCANNOW thing, but it says it did not find anything wrong with the PC, same with the system recovery saying nothing.
    • I spent 3 hours with a Microsoft technician who was not too helpful and basically said I need to wipe everything and do a back up by using a usb to store all my data. This is an option I would prefer to not do as it will take very long and I have to do it by copying and pasting in safe mode.
    • My computer came with Windows 7 so I do not have a DVD to plop in and repair the damaged files. I have read somewhere this may be possible as a way to fix windows errors and cause no file loss, but I am unsure how to do it without the DVD and with safe mode not allowing updates.
    • I also have reset the BIOS or something which had no effect.
    • I have some pictures if that helps, but if there are some logs somewhere I can get that would assist someone in helping with my problem just tell me how to get it and I will try to post them.
    • When I boot up
    • Bluescreen
    • Logs

Thus if anyone has an idea how to fix this I would greatly appreciate it! I have been stuck for days and cannot solve it myself, or even really know how to do a back up with a USB. Please let me know if you need any extra information and I will try my best.

Thanks so much guys and keep up the work!

:)

Tzadikt, May 14, 2016
  2. Andrew E. Win User

Windows 10 upgracde

Very few vista-based pcs are eligable to upgrade to Win 10,the pc hardware is incompatable.To verify,go to youre pc

mfg web,select youre pc/downloads,see if Win 10 is listed,usually Win 7 or Win 8.1 will work.However if youre

determined to try,on pc start-up,enter the BIOS,install OS Win 10 cd,set cdrom as 1st boot device,HD 2nd,save &

exit BIOS.Boot to cd,vista & Win 7 are not upgradeable to 10,a clean/new OS install is required.

Andrew E., May 14, 2016
  3. System boots to Windows 10 while trying to rollback to previous operating system.

Upgraded Vista to Windows 7 by purchasing Windows 7 DVD for distribution with a refurbished PC. Worked great. Did the free upgrade to Windows 10, but I would like to go back to WIN 7 (compatibility issues). Windows.Old is present on drive. When I go to
    settings,recovery, go back to Win 7 it proceeds just fine, but it keeps booting back into Windows 10! Suggestions?

Original title: recovery problem

RandyAckman, May 14, 2016
  4. msny Win User

Possible that you have a damaged MBR(master boot record).
    You could try this.
    Fix the MBR Guide for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1

If this doesnt work, then bite the bullet and backup your win7 files, then
    do a fresh install of windows 10.
    Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums[2]=Installation%20and%20Setup

5. dalchina New Member
  6. Tzadikt Win User
    Was super busy so I will try these tips out and let you guys know, thanks! I also wanted to know that in case these fail, is it possible to upgrade to Windows 10 from 7 in safe mode? I thought of re-upgrading as a possible way to fix it but it won't let me in safe mode. But I've read there is a way to do it via command prompt or something? If there is way and anyone knows, I'd try it out as a possible fix as well.

Tzadikt, May 15, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    Hello, once you have activated Win 10 on a given system, you can clean install it any time you like. It should automatically reactivate.

Clean installing means reinstalling all programs, dealing with settings, connected hardware drivers etc. of course, but tends to be more reliable.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. PC will not boot up after upgrading to Win 10 & going back to 7 - Similar Threads - boot upgrading going

2. Win 7 and 10 back ups

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 7 and 10 back ups: I recently bought a 4TB hard drive for back ups, D: drive has 740gb, the back up is almost full, do I need to delete the previous back ups? I use both Win 7 and 10 back ups Thanks...
  3. upgrade win 7 pc to win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade win 7 pc to win 10: hey.this is my desctop pc for my work place.i want to upgrade win 7 to win 10.i use import software about my work place.if i upgrade with windows update assistant my software maybe removed/?//?...
  4. downgrading from Win 10 to 7 and then upgrade back to Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    downgrading from Win 10 to 7 and then upgrade back to Win 10: I have a laptop that came with Windows 7. I used the free upgrade to Windows 10 a while back. I need to downgrade to Windows 7 for a period of time due to a software that doesn't work in 10. After I use the software I will need to upgrade back to 10. I can't find a...
  5. win 7 option still shows on boot up after upgrade to win 10

win 7 option still shows on boot up after upgrade to win 10: After upgrading to Win 10 from 7, my start up screen shows an option to use win 7 (which is not on PC) .My choice to to click Windows 10 or wait 30 secs.How do I set Win 10 to be my default without seeing this on start up 130404
  6. Ready to go back to win 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Ready to go back to win 7: Well I have Win 10 installed, and want put win 7 back on. I have a Win7 64 bit disc (thanks to ICIT2LOL!) and my system will take 64 bit, is there an option to save all my files pictures videos etc, onto DVD with one click? or do I just 'send to' what I want to save to...
  7. Ready to go back to win 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Ready to go back to win 7: Well I have Win 10 installed, and want put win 7 back on. I have a Win7 64 bit disc (thanks to ICIT2LOL!) and my system will take 64 bit, is there an option to save all my files pictures videos etc, onto DVD with one click? or do I just 'send to' what I want to save to...
  8. Upgrade to Win 10 - Go Back to Win 7 Question

Upgrade to Win 10 - Go Back to Win 7 Question: I had set up a dual boot with Win 7 and clean install of Win 10, with Win 10 on a separate SSD. Never registered Win 10. I removed the Win 10 SSD from my case. Went back to single boot Win 7. Now my question is... Would there be a problem (with Microsoft) if I...
  9. Win 7 to Win 10..back to 7 and back to 10

Win 7 to Win 10..back to 7 and back to 10: *Rolleyes This concerns this Activation error So perhaps I should have waited to see if it would have activated. Long story short.... win 7 (Home premium)was upgraded to win10.. win10 was activated... did a clean install of win10 with a disk i had created from...
  10. PC not automatically booting up after upgrade from Windows 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Support
    PC not automatically booting up after upgrade from Windows 7 to 10: I had my PC set up through the BIOS settings to automatically boot up at certain times and days while running Windows 7. After the upgrade to 10, the PC doesn't boot up like before. I checked the BIOS settings, and they're still set up the same way so I'm not sure why the PC...