Windows 10: Pc will not boot

Discus and support Pc will not boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, Recent windows update "had a problem" and needed to reboot itself halfway through" all i wanted to do is reboot, but now my pc is stuffed and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EMPTYF, Jul 25, 2021.

1. EMPTYF Win User

Pc will not boot

Hi all, Recent windows update "had a problem" and needed to reboot itself halfway through" all i wanted to do is reboot, but now my pc is stuffed and will not boot. The diagnostics does not give any answers, so i tried to run a boot log and take a look at the results. It seems i list the content's of my c:/ drive from command prompt so i am assuming my harddrive is ok. I tried the uninstall the latest windows update options from the menu, but they just tell me the had a problem. I pressed 2 to start a boot log, But unfortunately when i then type 'C:/Windows/ntbtlog.txt' in command prompt, i

:)

EMPTYF, Jul 25, 2021
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jul 25, 2021
  3. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    "No POST", "system won't boot", and "no video output" troubleshooting checklist

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Jul 25, 2021
  4. ram93 Win User

Pc will not boot

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jul 25, 2021
Thema:

Pc will not boot

1. Pc will not boot - Similar Threads - boot

2. Cannot boot into windows 10, safe mode, reset even with recovery USB, or restore to system...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot boot into windows 10, safe mode, reset even with recovery USB, or restore to system...: Hi there,I ran into a problem a few days ago leaving my laptop just open, walked away and came back with the a message "Press Y to reset fTPM" or "Press N to keep previous fTPM record and continue system reboot". I pressed N and it tried to boot up windows but it also...
  3. Boot Looping Microsoft Surfaces

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot Looping Microsoft Surfaces: We use around 300 Microsoft Surface Tablets Surface Pro 3, Pro 4, Pro 5, Pro 6, Pro7 . Since April 2020, we've started to encounter an issue where tablets will, seemingly randomly, start going into a Boot Loop with the "Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC" error.The...
  4. Stuck on installing windows at 64% and it is stuck in a loop of booting again and again

Stuck on installing windows at 64% and it is stuck in a loop of booting again and again: I bought a new laptop and so I did a reset to my old laptop. The problem That I am facing is it is rebooting again and again and that doesn't allow me to boot it in safe mode. It is switched on for the last 36 hours on the same screen that is- Installing windows 64% it is a...
  5. I have one cdrom device an lg m disk blueray rw nothing else but get this on each boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have one cdrom device an lg m disk blueray rw nothing else but get this on each boot: Log Name: System Source: Service Control Manager Date: 9/19/2021 8:39:02 PM Event ID: 7000 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-C7MSO9M Description: The CdRomArbiterService service failed to start due to the following error: The...
  6. My lenovo e15 turns off when booting

My lenovo e15 turns off when booting: My laptop turns off when booting even when its plugged in. I tried to do recover my drives but even before it gives me some options after that it turns off again. I did a hardware test built in to the bios and all the essential components storage, memory, cpu, motherboard,...
  7. Windows 10 Boot, Repair, Reset Fail After ACPI.sys File Error

Windows 10 Boot, Repair, Reset Fail After ACPI.sys File Error: Hello, I'll try to be as detailed as possible, as my hard drive is accessible, and the files can be seen. There is no physical problem and I do not want to lose all of my data with a clean install. It is also my fault for not having automatic system restore points enabled,...
  8. Audio not working after failed clean boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio not working after failed clean boot: sorry lol im only 13 and know nothing about computers So I clean booted my computer beacuse an application wasn't working, but failed. Instead of doing a clean boot, I disabled EVERY SINGLE SERVICE. Audio, internet, firewall. Everything. My father, who works in IT, helped me...
  9. Laptop screen is sometimes full of random lines and pixels, when I boot it up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop screen is sometimes full of random lines and pixels, when I boot it up: Hello! Sometimes, when I boot up my laptop its full of lines and pixels. When that happens, I can only see my mouse moving and everything works, except that I cant see what is happening on screen. I usually just restart my laptop and then it works normal again. Im worried...
  10. Disk read error / not able to boot windows

Disk read error / not able to boot windows: Hello,so a few hours ago, I accidentally gave my CD disk another letter from C to B which my computer somehow didn’t like…I obviously shouldn’t have done this because this caused that my system can’t read any disks anymore.It keeps telling me “A disk read error occurred,...