Windows 10: PC will not connect to wi-fi; connects to cellular hotspot

Discus and support PC will not connect to wi-fi; connects to cellular hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After a power outage last night, suddenly my pc no longer gets an internet connection through our wi-fi. It will connect to the network, but does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jude Lea, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Jude Lea Win User

PC will not connect to wi-fi; connects to cellular hotspot

After a power outage last night, suddenly my pc no longer gets an internet connection through our wi-fi. It will connect to the network, but does not have internet access. Every other device in the house connects just fine, and my pc will connect to my cellular hotspot without issue.

I have been troubleshooting for the past four hours and nothing has worked so far.

Here are the things I have tried that I can recall:

• Restarting the modem
    • Forgetting the network, restarting, and reconnecting
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver
    • Checking for Windows recommended driver and installing it
    • Releasing/renewing my ip did not work, got DHCP error and it timed out. Have tried to restart DHCP service but get a permissions error. Have entered Registry Editor and given myself full permissions, including checking in advanced permissions to make sure everything is checked off, but I receive the same error each time.
    • Network reset
    • Installed latest Windows updates
    • Used the network troubleshooter multiple times throughout process to varying degrees of 'success' it returns different results each time; anything from not being able to find and/or fix the problem to saying that the issue is repaired. No change in internet access.

I have seen plenty of posts in which these have fixed the issue for other people having the exact same problem, but I have had no change whatsoever. I would really love some help with this; my computer is not even a month old and until now I have had no issues. Our internet service has been very reliable, and continues to be so on every other device.

:)

Jude Lea, Jun 13, 2020

2. Wi-fi hotspot gives no internet connection to connected devices

PC will not connect to wi-fi; connects to cellular hotspot [​IMG]

alligatorcampus, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Wi-fi hotspot gives no internet connection to connected devices

PC will not connect to wi-fi; connects to cellular hotspot [​IMG]

alligatorcampus, Jun 13, 2020
  4. craigmh74 Win User

PC connection issue (Wi-Fi)

I have 2 PCs hooked up, both running Windows 10. My PC in the living room is connected directly to the cable modem and I am using a portable Wi-Fi adapter (Netgear Genie) for my PC in the bedroom. Everything was working fine until a few days ago when I lost my Wi-Fi signal in the bedroom. The Wi-Fi icon disappeared from the taskbar. So I thought it may be the adapter. So I moved the PC into the living room and connected it directly. Well....nothing. There is still no signal. The wi-fi in my house is still active because I'm able to use my cell phone and tablet. So...any suggestions? If what I wrote is unclear let me know. Thanks.

Craig

craigmh74, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

1. PC will not connect to wi-fi; connects to cellular hotspot - Similar Threads - connect connects cellular

2. Connectivity issues in PC hotspot that is connected to a Wi-Fi network, while still being...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connectivity issues in PC hotspot that is connected to a Wi-Fi network, while still being...: Hello Everyone,I am currently using an HP notebook Model 14s-fq1013AU that runs on Windows 11. I am experiencing two issues with regard to PC hotspot and Ethernet connectivity.Firstly, I have trouble accessing the network when I connect my mobile phone to the PC hotspot,...
  3. Connectivity issues in PC hotspot that is connected to a Wi-Fi network, while still being...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connectivity issues in PC hotspot that is connected to a Wi-Fi network, while still being...: Hello Everyone,I am currently using an HP notebook Model 14s-fq1013AU that runs on Windows 11. I am experiencing two issues with regard to PC hotspot and Ethernet connectivity.Firstly, I have trouble accessing the network when I connect my mobile phone to the PC hotspot,...
  4. Problems with Hotspot and Wi-Fi connection.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with Hotspot and Wi-Fi connection.: Hi, recently I am having some troubles when trying to turn on the hotspot in my computer to share Wi-Fi to other devices. To explain everything: -I'm living on a University Residence. -I started with this problems last week. -As the router is quite far from my room, i'm...
  5. Wi Fi connections

Wi Fi connections: Hi there I have several computers of various ages all running windows 10 my newest computers seem to stay connected without issue my older comps microsoft surface core I7 8gig ram and my toshiba core I5 8gig ram both have lost connections from time to time and the...
  6. wi-fi connection

wi-fi connection: My wife's computer is running Windows 10 same as this one but it doesn't have the capability to connect with wi fi. is there an app that I can purchase and download to a thumb drive so that I can transfer to the other computer....
  7. Wi Fi connections

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi Fi connections: My laptop connection to the WIFI hub disconnects when I connect an HP 1200 printer and vice versa. I can only use one or the other at one time. It was working fine until today and not sure what might have changed....
  8. Wi-Fi Connectivity

Wi-Fi Connectivity: After Windows 10 upgrade on my HP P7-1420t I lost my ability to connect to Wi-Fi. Network Adapters listed in Device Manager: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, Wan Miniports - IKEv2, IP, IPv6, L2TP, PPPOE, PPTP, SSTP and Network Monitor. Any help in regaining my Wi-Fi...
  9. Wi-fi hotspot gives no internet connection to connected devices

Wi-fi hotspot gives no internet connection to connected devices: Setting up a hotspot on my asus laptop running windows 10 ,doesn't give the connected devices internet connection.I've tried netsh int ip reset,but with no results.All the drivers are updated.The windows mobile hotspot function says "We can't set up a hotspot because your PC...
  10. Connecting to an unknown Wi-Fi hotspot destroys computer

Connecting to an unknown Wi-Fi hotspot destroys computer: Hello, everybody! So, I've been having this strange, strange problem, that came out of nowhere. Whenever I try to connect to a WiFi that was already memorized in Windows 10, I can do it without a problem. But when I try to connect to an unknown hotspot, protected or...