Windows 10: PC will not go into Sleep or Hibernate mode automatically works manually

Discus and support PC will not go into Sleep or Hibernate mode automatically works manually in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,Need help PC won't enter Sleep or Hibernate mode automatically. Sleep and Hibernate work fine when done manually from Start Menu.Trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GyFxRoLsq3, Aug 13, 2022.

1. PC will not go into Sleep or Hibernate mode automatically works manually

Hello,Need help PC won't enter Sleep or Hibernate mode automatically. Sleep and Hibernate work fine when done manually from Start Menu.Trying to debug/fix the issue for the last 2 weeks but cannot find a solution, checked and applied various solutions from this forum as well, but nothing seems to work. Request for help.Windows Specifications:Edition Windows 10 ProVersion 21H2Installed on ‎02-‎07-‎2022OS build 19044.1889Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0My system configPC will not go into Sleep or Hibernate mode automatically works manually :Device name MyRProcessor IntelR CoreTM i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.80 GHzInstalled RAM 16.0 GB 15.

:)

GyFxRoLsq3, Aug 13, 2022
  2. pjfarr Win User

Wake Up Task won't work if PC put into sleep mode manually

Many times I use a keyboard shortcut I made to manually put my PC to sleep if I know I'm done with it for the day. The CMD embedded in the shortcut is the popular:
    Code:
    It works, no problem. The thing is I have a task scheduled to wake my PC every morning at 4:30. But the only time this task seems to work is when the PC went into sleep mode automatically or via the Start Menu option. If I use the keyboard shortcut to put it to sleep the wake up task doesn't work the next morning. Some have suggested that the code in that keyboard command puts the PC in hibernate mode even though it clearly says "sleep" but I have hibernate mode disabled.

Any clues...?
    Windows 10 is up to date.

pjfarr, Aug 13, 2022
  3. Knoxx29 Win User
    Hibernate mode Vs Sleep Vs Hybrid sleep.

From now on i will use the Hybrid sleep mode and let's hope it works as it should.

Knoxx29, Aug 13, 2022
  4. Eric Ber Win User

PC will not go into Sleep or Hibernate mode automatically works manually

Automatically going to Sleep/Hibernate Mode

Hi Sandeep,

Conflicts with the power settings is one of the possible reasons why your computer is automatically going to sleep or hibernate mode. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.

Meanwhile, you can try to create a new local user account to isolate the issue. You can follow the steps in this

link
    to create a new local user account.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, Aug 13, 2022
Thema:

PC will not go into Sleep or Hibernate mode automatically works manually

1. PC will not go into Sleep or Hibernate mode automatically works manually - Similar Threads - Sleep Hibernate mode

2. Hibernation or sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hibernation or sleep mode?: While trying to troubleshoot my other issue, it appears that I have encountered a new one.Whenever I leave my computer to go to sleep, it seems like my computer randomly shuts down. However, when I press any key, it automatically boots back up. I did disable...
  3. Hibernation or sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernation or sleep mode?: While trying to troubleshoot my other issue, it appears that I have encountered a new one.Whenever I leave my computer to go to sleep, it seems like my computer randomly shuts down. However, when I press any key, it automatically boots back up. I did disable...
  4. Hibernation or sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC will not go into Sleep or Hibernate mode automatically works manually

PC will not go into Sleep or Hibernate mode automatically works manually: Hello,Need help PC won't enter Sleep or Hibernate mode automatically. Sleep and Hibernate work fine when done manually from Start Menu.Trying to debug/fix the issue for the last 2 weeks but cannot find a solution, checked and applied various solutions from this forum as well,...
  6. PC will not go into Sleep or Hibernate mode automatically works manually

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will not go into Sleep or Hibernate mode automatically works manually: Hello,Need help PC won't enter Sleep or Hibernate mode automatically. Sleep and Hibernate work fine when done manually from Start Menu.Trying to debug/fix the issue for the last 2 weeks but cannot find a solution, checked and applied various solutions from this forum as well,...
  7. PC not going into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC not going into sleep mode: For some reason over the past couple of days my pc won't go into sleep mode despite the fact that I have set the screen and the pc to go off after 10 minutes. It isn't working either when I click on 'Shut Down or Sign Out' and then choose 'Sleep'. When I do that it...
  8. PC going to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC going to sleep mode: From time to time, I have a YouTube video playing (via Google Chrome), and walk away from my PC. The videos are usually 8-10 hours long. I have noticed that the PC will still go to sleep mode. Any idea why? Thanks submitted by /u/circatee [link] [comments]...
  9. sleep mode not working automatically

sleep mode not working automatically: My computer is not going into sleep mode after the most recent MS update. I can manually put it into sleep Start, power, sleep but does not go into sleep automatically after not being used the setting I have set it on. The display will go to sleep but the hd won't. I was...
  10. Sleep and hibernate modes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sleep and hibernate modes: When I put my computer into either sleep mode or hibernate, the apps are closed down after a certain amount of time, making these modes useless. Is there a fix for this?...