Windows 10: PC will not go to sleep Win10 - 20H2

Discus and support PC will not go to sleep Win10 - 20H2 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, My windows 10 pc will not go to sleep. I went to Device Mgr, uncheck Allow this device to turn on the pc, from every USB device and the network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kcos00320, May 23, 2021.

1. kcos00320 Win User

PC will not go to sleep Win10 - 20H2

Hi, My windows 10 pc will not go to sleep. I went to Device Mgr, uncheck Allow this device to turn on the pc, from every USB device and the network card. Tried adjusting times for when the monitor goes to sleep, created my custom sleep profile. Which worked once and only once. Even went to CMD as the admin type -the last wake, but keeps saying power button and -requests which nothing comes up. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

:)

kcos00320, May 23, 2021
  2. larrymcg Win User

Win10 PC Won't Sleep Anymore

Win10 64bit V1903 with all published updates. Some weeks ago (maybe even longer) my PC stopped going to sleep after the specified time. I am setting the times in Power & Sleep. I have the screen set to turn off after an hour (and it does) and the PC to sleep after 2 hours but it doesn't. It used to. I have changed the sleep timer several times but that hasn't helped.

I've looked at Device Management to see anything suspicious there but not sure what to look for.

Suggestions on what to look for?

-- Larry

larrymcg, May 23, 2021
  3. Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, May 23, 2021
  4. AndreTen Win User

Win10 PC Won't Sleep Anymore

In Device manager, check the properties for Ethernet device, Realtek sound device and any USB connected device, if they have "allow computer to turn off this device .." checked.

Run that Sleep study report and check for possible errors, like Ken suggested
    *Arrow Tutorials | Generate Sleep Study Report in Windows 10

AndreTen, May 23, 2021
Thema:

1. PC will not go to sleep Win10 - 20H2 - Similar Threads - sleep Win10 20H2

2. Desktop Win10 PC not going to sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Win10 PC not going to sleep.: I have been having issues with my computer not going to sleep. The display stays on and just won't even attempt to sleep. I've tried changing the power settings multiple times, including advanced power settings like disable hybrid sleep, allow computer to sleep when sharing...
  3. Desktop Win10 PC not going to sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop Win10 PC not going to sleep.: I have been having issues with my computer not going to sleep. The display stays on and just won't even attempt to sleep. I've tried changing the power settings multiple times, including advanced power settings like disable hybrid sleep, allow computer to sleep when sharing...
  4. Desktop Win10 PC not going to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. PC not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not going to sleep: Have a problem of pc not going to sleep, even tho display gets turned off.Through "powercfg /systemsleepdiagnostics" I'm seeing "The system idle time was reset because: An application requires system execution." which is being reported every minute at the time I'm afk. Looked...
  6. PC not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not going to sleep: Have a problem of pc not going to sleep, even tho display gets turned off.Through "powercfg /systemsleepdiagnostics" I'm seeing "The system idle time was reset because: An application requires system execution." which is being reported every minute at the time I'm afk. Looked...
  7. Sleep problem with Win10 20H2 update

Sleep problem with Win10 20H2 update: I have a relatively new Lenovo 330S which is working perfectly on Win10 1909. If I update to 20H2 I've tried twice on entering sleep, the screen blanks, the power light stays on and the laptop freezes - the only way to recover it is to hold the power button down and then...
  8. Pc not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc not going to sleep: I’ve had my pc for almost 2 years and have never had a problem until recently. And that is that it’s just not going into sleep mode. Every once in a while, it will go to sleep. But 99% off the time the screen will turn off, but the pc itself will stay active. I’ve tried most...
  9. PC is not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC is not going to sleep: My computer is waking up on its own. I tried to fix it but failed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-is-not-going-to-sleep/57a3cf27-eb2b-4880-a222-c5c341c6c877
  10. PC going to sleep

PC going to sleep: I have a Lenovo Yoga laptop running W10. All of the power settings are set to not sleep (or display to go dark) when the machine is plugged into power. Despite this the laptop always sleeps after about 5 minutes of non use. How can I fix this? Thanks....