Windows 10: PC will not leave sleep mode

Discus and support PC will not leave sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiron with latest WIN 10 and last update of 1903. I have a Dell Monitor 2414. When I shut down at night, I cannot get it back on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dmc55232, Jan 13, 2020.

1. dmc55232 Win User

PC will not leave sleep mode

I have a Dell Inspiron with latest WIN 10 and last update of 1903. I have a Dell Monitor 2414.

When I shut down at night, I cannot get it back on without repeated power off of PC and monitor. After an hour it comes on and shows a very brief error 'communication' then restarts ok. If I restart during the day, same thing happens. I have gone in and checked sleep status at all points and ensured 'never' is chosen.

Please advise, very agitating, need this machine for work.

:)

dmc55232, Jan 13, 2020

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Jan 13, 2020
  3. Olivia_hh Win User
    windows 10 black screen after update and after leaving PC to sleep?

I've tried the steps you suggested but they don't seem to work. The black screen I'm facing is only when i try to shut down or leave my PC to sleep and its completely unresponsive no cursor or anything. I've tried things others have suggested but they don't
    seem to work, Is there anything else?

Thanks for your help so far!

Olivia_hh, Jan 13, 2020
  4. PC will not leave sleep mode

Sleep mode

Hi,

This issue with sleep mode could have happened due to corrupted or outdated drivers. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you update your drivers. You can follow the steps provided in this

article

If the issue still persists, we also suggest that you change the settings in your Windows 10. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    . This will give you steps to shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

PC will not leave sleep mode

1. PC will not leave sleep mode - Similar Threads - leave sleep mode

2. Computer has started crashing during and leaving sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer has started crashing during and leaving sleep mode: My ASUS ZenBook has always been a little... quirky, especially with the screenpad always acting wonky coming out of a reset. But in the past couple months, it started to just open to a screen of nothing with just the cursor on it, sometimes eventually crashing, but usually...
  3. Computer has started crashing during and leaving sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer has started crashing during and leaving sleep mode: My ASUS ZenBook has always been a little... quirky, especially with the screenpad always acting wonky coming out of a reset. But in the past couple months, it started to just open to a screen of nothing with just the cursor on it, sometimes eventually crashing, but usually...
  4. Sleep mode for Win10 PC's ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep mode for Win10 PC's ?: Is there a way to put a Win10 PC into power saving sleep mode? I know about clicking Start > Power > Sleep on the menus, but I'm looking for a way that actually functions....
  5. PC in Sleep Mode!

PC in Sleep Mode!: Do we have to leave the mouse on when in sleep mode? Only when I go to switch the mouse off it then awakens the PC. My older system we had to switch both off Thank you.........
  6. PC Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Sleep Mode: Hi, Years ago i belive i installed some type of software that makes my display go into sleep mode and shows a vidoe of colours and lights but i no longer want this as its annoying when im trying to read something and the display goes off every minute or so, i cant find any...
  7. pc sleep mode

pc sleep mode: PC set to go into sleep mode after 30 mins but remains on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-sleep-mode/9e632426-fea5-438b-8b20-686e08ff9c85
  8. PC not entering sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC not entering sleep mode.: I have the settings set to automatically sleep after 30 minutes, but it isn't going to sleep. Changing this to an earlier time does nothing. Powercfg /requests returns nothing. It is possible that the recent 2004 windows 10 update could be a cause, but I can't say for...
  9. monitor dosen't come up after leaving sleep mode

monitor dosen't come up after leaving sleep mode: When I boot my computer out of sleep my monitor doesn't come back on until I cut the power bar power off and then back on. I have windows 10 version 1803 and 17134.829 build. I recently installed a new network adaptor....
  10. PC Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC Sleep Mode: After a period of inactivity, my PC goes into a mode where it shows pictures from my files. This is fine and I like this feature. However, this seems to take place after one minute of inactivity. How can I lengthen the interval before this takes place?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows not leaving sleep mode