Windows 10: PC will not move past startup

Discus and support PC will not move past startup in Cortana to solve the problem; I have a Gateway laptop that gets stuck at the end of the startup screen right after showing that 365 is already installed on the computer. When I turn... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Tate Bennett, Dec 27, 2022.

1. PC will not move past startup

I have a Gateway laptop that gets stuck at the end of the startup screen right after showing that 365 is already installed on the computer. When I turn it off and restart it goes back and makes me go through the whole startup process again only to get stuck on the blue screen.

:)

Tate Bennett, Dec 27, 2022
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Dec 27, 2022
  3. FTWitachi Win User
    Startup programs not launching on startup

Replying to Brink none of that works here is why-
    Step 1- No items listed in startup on task manager as stated.
    Step 2- I dont have shell:Startup on the pc as it cannot be located
    Step 3- I dont understand that option also the startup folder cannot be found
    Step 4- No apps showing under startup on settings
    Step 5- Dont have access to advanced options at all for any apps
    Step 6- Doesn't work.

Thanks for trying

- - - Updated - - -
    @dalchina, Will try the program now and no I have no suitable restore points and also nothing that I am aware of has been updated besides for Windows Updates but nothing major. WIll respond once I try the program.

FTWitachi, Dec 27, 2022
  4. PC will not move past startup

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Dec 27, 2022
Thema:

PC will not move past startup

1. PC will not move past startup - Similar Threads - move past startup

2. PC will not move past startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will not move past startup: I have a Gateway laptop that gets stuck at the end of the startup screen right after showing that 365 is already installed on the computer. When I turn it off and restart it goes back and makes me go through the whole startup process again only to get stuck on the blue...
  3. PC will not move past startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC will not move past startup: I have a Gateway laptop that gets stuck at the end of the startup screen right after showing that 365 is already installed on the computer. When I turn it off and restart it goes back and makes me go through the whole startup process again only to get stuck on the blue...
  4. Pc recently become slow and now won’t load past startup screen

Pc recently become slow and now won’t load past startup screen: I built my new computer about 4 months ago with high end specs and it has been working great. However yesterday I was just on my homescreen with no apps open and my cursor started to move very slowly and the whole computer started to lag. Since then this lag and slowness has...
  5. Pc recently become slow and now won’t load past startup screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc recently become slow and now won’t load past startup screen: I built my new computer about 4 months ago with high end specs and it has been working great. However yesterday I was just on my homescreen with no apps open and my cursor started to move very slowly and the whole computer started to lag. Since then this lag and slowness has...
  6. Pc freezes at startup but mouse still moves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc freezes at startup but mouse still moves: Hi, a friend brought his PC over to me for this very same issue. I noticed his PC would get to the desktop and then freeze and u would be unable to click or interact with anything, I would still be able to move the mouse pointer around however. After swapping around ram,...
  7. Pc freezes at startup but mouse still moves

Pc freezes at startup but mouse still moves: Hi, a friend brought his PC over to me for this very same issue. I noticed his PC would get to the desktop and then freeze and u would be unable to click or interact with anything, I would still be able to move the mouse pointer around however. After swapping around ram,...
  8. Pc freezes at startup but mouse still moves

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Desktop icons moved on startup

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Desktop icons moved on startup: I just installed a Radeon 5700 XT and I have a monitor with a 1920 x 1200 resolution. Every time I boot my system the icons get moved into what looks like an area 1366 x 768 or there about. I use DeskTopOK to restore my desktop but I am looking for better solution. The...
  10. PC cannot get past startup/reset/restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC cannot get past startup/reset/restore: So after a recent Win 10 update my laptop became slower and slower until disk usage maxed out at 100%. I followed the usual troubleshooting tutorials, used the Media Creation tool which failed to reinstall Windows 10, ran chkdsk, scannow, and DISM restorehealth and the...