Windows 10: PC will not POST following an update !

Discus and support PC will not POST following an update ! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My wife was using her Lenovo PC and had finished what she was doing and started to shutdown. The computer responded with Sleep? Update and Shutdown? or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by horsehugh, Jul 7, 2020.

1. horsehugh Win User

PC will not POST following an update !

My wife was using her Lenovo PC and had finished what she was doing and started to shutdown. The computer responded with Sleep? Update and Shutdown? or Update and Restart? She selected Update and Shutdown. The next day she turned the computer on and nothing happened. To shorten things: The computer would not POST. The Motherboard had to be replaced. The computer worked great and on the fourth day after repair when she finished working on the PC for the day she started to shutdown and got the same response from the computer as listed above. I had requested she call me so I could see what was happening. It was about mid-afternoon so I selected Update and restart because I could see what went on after restart. After restart and before the power timer shutdown the computer, I checked the PC. The screen had three or four dropdown windows about 3 by 4 inches in size. One said "SHUTDOWN" another said "TROUBLESHOOT" the 3rd said "USB disabled" and the 4th was blank. Since it was bedtime I selected shutdown. The next day was a repeat of the "day after" listed above. NO POST! I've ordered a new motherboard on July 3rd and it failed to be shipped over the July 4th Holiday. I do not know what is "taking out" the motherboard but I believe it has something to do with the "update". Is it possible that the update procedure can be spamed, made into a virus, or whatever it would be called?

Thank You

Hugh D Parker *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

horsehugh, Jul 7, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jul 7, 2020
  3. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    "No POST", "system won't boot", and "no video output" troubleshooting checklist

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Jul 7, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond PC will not POST following an update ! :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

1. PC will not POST following an update ! - Similar Threads - POST following update

2. on October 28, 2022 Michael Andreas posted the following problem "PC name reverts back...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    on October 28, 2022 Michael Andreas posted the following problem "PC name reverts back...: The referenced post does not state whether the problem was ever solved. Other posts that reference the same problem are found in on-line searches; however, no indication that issue was solved. In addition, a majority of responses ignore the statement of the problem and simply...
  3. on October 28, 2022 Michael Andreas posted the following problem "PC name reverts back...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    on October 28, 2022 Michael Andreas posted the following problem "PC name reverts back...: The referenced post does not state whether the problem was ever solved. Other posts that reference the same problem are found in on-line searches; however, no indication that issue was solved. In addition, a majority of responses ignore the statement of the problem and simply...
  4. on October 28, 2022 Michael Andreas posted the following problem "PC name reverts back...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. PC not posting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not posting: pc not posting after trying to go to recovery using the after pc boots hold power button for 10 seconds and it said to do this 3 times and now my system won’t boot i’ve tried unplugging everything and still won’t post...
  6. PC not posting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC not posting: pc not posting after trying to go to recovery using the after pc boots hold power button for 10 seconds and it said to do this 3 times and now my system won’t boot i’ve tried unplugging everything and still won’t post...
  7. PC not posting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Logs following the ""BSOD Finding and fixing them" post

Logs following the ""BSOD Finding and fixing them" post: Hello, My 2yo laptop has overheating issues CPU easily reaching 95 to 100°C while playing low-graphic settings games, even though i changed the thermic paste so i decided to give a shot to my old computer which had memory failure things. While i was browsing the internet...
  9. pc hangs at POST

pc hangs at POST: after reflashing bios with same version pc worked fine for many days now it hanged again at bios but windows event log shows kernel power something it means windows is booting and it is windows problem?...
  10. Post Update Freeze

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Post Update Freeze: After Windows 10 update today, NONE of my software works- Office, SHARESCOPE, Avast antivirus. Cant open anything. Can’t copy any files- any attempt to open anything leads to the laptop freezing..I have to do a hard reboot to unfreeze. How do I solve this problem?...