Windows 10: PC will not run Windows 10

Discus and support PC will not run Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a pc running windows 8.1 pro and I want to upgrade to windows 10, but when I use "Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant" it says that my PC will not run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VHIGGO, Jul 5, 2016.

1. VHIGGO Win User

PC will not run Windows 10

I have a pc running windows 8.1 pro and I want to upgrade to windows 10, but when I use "Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant" it says that my PC will not run windows 10. My CPU is OK, my Memory is OK, my Disk Space is OK, but the Operating System is not OK. It says "Contact your system administrator to upgrade Windows Server or Enterprise editions".

:)

VHIGGO, Jul 5, 2016

2. Windows 10 will not run on this PC

Not sure how this is flagged as resolved. It's not. Any help is appreciated.

JenniferHeerdt, Jul 5, 2016
  3. Windows 10 will not run on this PC

I have upgraded a computer to windows 10 and it's working perfectly. I have several other 100% identical pcs and they can't upgrade. The windows 10 upgrade assistant runs and says my display is not compatible. Again, I have a100% identical machine running
    on 10. Help!!

JenniferHeerdt, Jul 5, 2016
  4. AndreTen Win User

Hi VHIGGO and welcome to Ten Forums!

Like the message said, upgrade wont install on enterprise or server editions of Windows. Most likely you have enterprise (academic) version of Windows. You can get Windows 10 version from your company or university and do manual upgrade.

Edit: if you're not sure about your version, run Settings / system and click about (similar in Windows 8.1):

AndreTen, Jul 5, 2016
Thema:

1. PC will not run Windows 10 - Similar Threads - run

2. CPU usage max 100 with nothing running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU usage max 100 with nothing running: things doneRan malware bytesSfc /scannowUpdated bios, chipset, gpu, etc.Removed unneeded applicationsInstalled new cpu Disk defrag/cleanupTomohawk b550Ryzen 7 5700xVengeance pro rgb 16gb x2GeForce gt 1030Not used for anything that could give viruses. Strictly for playing all...
  3. CPU usage max 100 with nothing running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU usage max 100 with nothing running: things doneRan malware bytesSfc /scannowUpdated bios, chipset, gpu, etc.Removed unneeded applicationsInstalled new cpu Disk defrag/cleanupTomohawk b550Ryzen 7 5700xVengeance pro rgb 16gb x2GeForce gt 1030Not used for anything that could give viruses. Strictly for playing all...
  4. CPU usage max 100 with nothing running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Game crashing when running together with a browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game crashing when running together with a browser: When I run Destiny 2 alongside any browser tested Edge, Opera GX and Firefox both the game and the browser crash. This varies in intensity, sometimes closing only one of them, sometimes both, sometimes it also causes Discord to crash, and sometimes it gives me a blue screen...
  6. My Dell Inspiron desktop shuts down after a few minutes of running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Dell Inspiron desktop shuts down after a few minutes of running: Hello, my tech family, I have an issue with my Dell Inspiron desktop shuts down after a few minutes of turning and about to browse it. suddenly it shuts off.Please help!...
  7. My Dell Inspiron desktop shuts down after a few minutes of running

My Dell Inspiron desktop shuts down after a few minutes of running: Hello, my tech family, I have an issue with my Dell Inspiron desktop shuts down after a few minutes of turning and about to browse it. suddenly it shuts off.Please help!...
  8. Unkillable app in NtGdi DestroyAllocation2 after d3d11.dll Flush when running for multiple days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unkillable app in NtGdi DestroyAllocation2 after d3d11.dll Flush when running for multiple days: Hello, we have an issue with a d3d11 software we develop in C++ for years. After running for multiple days, usually over 40 hours, we get a hang in win32u.dll!NtGdiDdDDIDestroyAllocation2. The process becomes stuck and impossible to kill via any means. We tried pskill,...
  9. Unkillable app in NtGdi DestroyAllocation2 after d3d11.dll Flush when running for multiple days

Unkillable app in NtGdi DestroyAllocation2 after d3d11.dll Flush when running for multiple days: Hello, we have an issue with a d3d11 software we develop in C++ for years. After running for multiple days, usually over 40 hours, we get a hang in win32u.dll!NtGdiDdDDIDestroyAllocation2. The process becomes stuck and impossible to kill via any means. We tried pskill,...
  10. 0x80070643 Windows Update Error, issue running KB5028997 to increase WinRE partition size,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x80070643 Windows Update Error, issue running KB5028997 to increase WinRE partition size,...: I am getting error 0x80070643 when running Windows Update. I ran through the steps in KB5028997 to increase the Windows Recovery partition. Everything appears to work up to the last step of running reagentc /enable when I get the Windows RE image was not found. below are the...