Windows 10: PC will not shut down, just restarts

Discus and support PC will not shut down, just restarts in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello!I have recently upgraded my pc to an SSD drive.Since then it will not shut down, I click the shutdown button and get the shutdown screen.Then the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by colin higton, May 20, 2022.

1. PC will not shut down, just restarts

Hello!I have recently upgraded my pc to an SSD drive.Since then it will not shut down, I click the shutdown button and get the shutdown screen.Then the PC switches off and immediately restarts.I have tried the usual culprits, such as disabling all start-up items that are not Microsoft, but the problem persists.I have run SFC /Scannow and it finds no errors.There is also no "Fast Startup" button in the power section.I'm running Windows 10 Home Ver: 21H1 build: 19043.1706 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0.I can force it to shut down by using the power button on the case.Any ideas,

:)

colin higton, May 20, 2022
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused PC will not shut down, just restarts :confused:*Mad PC will not shut down, just restarts :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, May 20, 2022
  3. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, May 20, 2022
  4. PC will not shut down, just restarts

Automated Restart of Windows 10 PC

Hello,

If Windows suddenly restarts without warning, or restarts when you try to shut it down, it might be caused by one of several issues. An outdated driver and software conflict are some of the possible reasons. Having said that, we suggest performing
    the following steps:

Step 1: Disabling the automatic restart option to view error messages.

Many hardware driver or operating system errors will cause the computer to display a specific error message before stopping the operation or shutting down the computer. However, if the Automatically restart option
    is enabled, an error message might not be displayed despite an error taking place. Disable this option to allow the computer to display the error message.
    Follow these steps to disable the Automatically restart option:

• In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings.

• Click Settings in the Startup and Recovery section.
    • Remove the check mark next to Automatically restart under System Failure, then click OK.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Checking for failed hardware.

Hardware problems can cause the computer to restart unexpectedly.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, May 20, 2022
Thema:

PC will not shut down, just restarts

1. PC will not shut down, just restarts - Similar Threads - shut down restarts

2. PC keeps on restarting and shutting down!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps on restarting and shutting down!: Dear PC Experts,This is really odd. Today when I turned on the M710e PC, the computer kept on restarting and shutting down. You can see in the below recording,https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JUj5Tz7-dZAjvkQ7YVHu-Coo34K82gVB/view?usp=sharingIn the recording you can see the...
  3. PC keeps on restarting and shutting down!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps on restarting and shutting down!: Dear PC Experts,This is really odd. Today when I turned on the M710e PC, the computer kept on restarting and shutting down. You can see in the below recording,https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JUj5Tz7-dZAjvkQ7YVHu-Coo34K82gVB/view?usp=sharingIn the recording you can see the...
  4. PC not shutting down but restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not shutting down but restart: Shutdown button not working. When you click it, the function will be restart. The PC will only restart. Restart button has correct function though. I need help. I dont know this kind of scenario in PC....
  5. PC not shutting down but restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not shutting down but restart: Shutdown button not working. When you click it, the function will be restart. The PC will only restart. Restart button has correct function though. I need help. I dont know this kind of scenario in PC....
  6. PC not shutting down but restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  7. PC will not shut down, just restarts

PC will not shut down, just restarts: Hello!I have recently upgraded my pc to an SSD drive.Since then it will not shut down, I click the shutdown button and get the shutdown screen.Then the PC switches off and immediately restarts.I have tried the usual culprits, such as disabling all start-up items that are not...
  8. PC will not shut down, just restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC will not shut down, just restarts: Hello!I have recently upgraded my pc to an SSD drive.Since then it will not shut down, I click the shutdown button and get the shutdown screen.Then the PC switches off and immediately restarts.I have tried the usual culprits, such as disabling all start-up items that are not...
  9. Pc will not restart or shut down correctly

Pc will not restart or shut down correctly: Hello, I have recently upgraded my cpu so needed a new motherboard and ram too.I have Intel i7 10700k and an MSI Z490-a pro motherboard and 16gb DDR4 3200mhz ram.I have updated bios and latest windows update installed.Whenever I try restarting or shutting down my pc it...
  10. PC won't shut down or restart.

PC won't shut down or restart.: Hi all, this is fairly simple to explain, so I'm gonna have 2 categories. 1: The Shutdown Basically, whenever I press on shutdown, or shutdown from my PC button, my Monitor, Mouse and Keyboard lose power, however my PC is still on. 2: The Restart This one is the easiest to...