Windows 10: PC will not Shutdown

Discus and support PC will not Shutdown in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My newly built gaming pc wont shut down when I shut it down. The display will go out and the pc will stay on. Sometimes it will just restart when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AcanthisittaUnique29, Feb 18, 2021.

1. PC will not Shutdown

My newly built gaming pc wont shut down when I shut it down. The display will go out and the pc will stay on. Sometimes it will just restart when I shut it down. When I restart sometimes it’ll restart but sometimes the display will go out and the pc will stay on. I have to manually turn it off every time.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...fter-bad/5b464f02-a138-40a7-bdf5-ba007fb08aa1

I tried this already

submitted by /u/AcanthisittaUnique29
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AcanthisittaUnique29, Feb 18, 2021

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Feb 18, 2021
  3. R-T-B Win User
    PC is Suffering Unexpected Shutdowns

Most important detail to me would be whether these shutdowns are sudden, in which case it's likely a short or PSU issue (capacitor aging maybe?) or graceful windows style shutdowns, which suggests software interference.

It could also be overheating components if it's a sudden shutdown. What are your thermals like?

R-T-B, Feb 18, 2021
  4. PC will not Shutdown

PC is Suffering Unexpected Shutdowns

So its been almost two weeks since i last posted and since my PC has shutdown unexpectedly... My original plan was to play around with the RAM to see if that was the issue but after a few days of no shutdowns i figured i would see if the CMOS clear and repairing the corrupt OS had fixed the issue. As i already said its been almost 2 weeks since i first made theses changes and i was fairly certain it had fixed the issue...Unfortunately my PC did shutdown unexpectedly today while i was at work. It seems pretty ridiculous to me that the PC could be on for almost 2 weeks straight and have no issues then just randomly shutdown...I ran the SFC scan to make sure nothing had gone wrong with the OS and it reported no issues. My next step i guess would be to try and eliminate the RAM as the issue but honestly i find i very hard to believe that's the issue after the PC was on for 2 weeks. Surely if this was a hardware issue i would have more regular shutdowns...or at least shutdown while im actually using the PC...What do you guys think?

Deridder45, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

PC will not Shutdown

1. PC will not Shutdown - Similar Threads - Shutdown

2. PC forces shutdowns randomly while doing all sorts of task. From mundane to extreme. Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC forces shutdowns randomly while doing all sorts of task. From mundane to extreme. Windows 11: Hello, my PC is forcing shutdowns, and I cannot figure it out. I've been experiencing this problem since January and have been trying to diagnose it myself, but I've had no luck. I've replaced every component in my system except my case and graphics card since January. I have...
  3. PC forces shutdowns randomly while doing all sorts of task. From mundane to extreme. Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC forces shutdowns randomly while doing all sorts of task. From mundane to extreme. Windows 11: Hello, my PC is forcing shutdowns, and I cannot figure it out. I've been experiencing this problem since January and have been trying to diagnose it myself, but I've had no luck. I've replaced every component in my system except my case and graphics card since January. I have...
  4. Enforce shutdown even with app preventing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Enforce shutdown even with app preventing: Any way to force a shutdown with some timer or override, even if there's an app preventing it? Far too often I shut my PC down just to come back hours later and find out it's decided to spend hours worth of energy at peak prices because of a single word I wrote on Notepad....
  5. I was playing on a modded Minecraft server and it kept causing my PC to lose power/shutdown...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was playing on a modded Minecraft server and it kept causing my PC to lose power/shutdown...: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎2024-‎05-‎06 04:04StatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 15eParameter 1: 1Parameter 2: ffffa98be98261a0Parameter 3:...
  6. I was playing on a modded Minecraft server and it kept causing my PC to lose power/shutdown...

I was playing on a modded Minecraft server and it kept causing my PC to lose power/shutdown...: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎2024-‎05-‎06 04:04StatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 15eParameter 1: 1Parameter 2: ffffa98be98261a0Parameter 3:...
  7. From black screen to shutdown not recognized help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    From black screen to shutdown not recognized help!: shutdown and shutdown.exe not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. I have tried the suggestions that are posted for this problem and nothing is working. I also seem to have the BitLocker on and I can't turn it off from cmd either....
  8. From black screen to shutdown not recognized help!

From black screen to shutdown not recognized help!: shutdown and shutdown.exe not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. I have tried the suggestions that are posted for this problem and nothing is working. I also seem to have the BitLocker on and I can't turn it off from cmd either....
  9. I accidentally shutdown my laptop while its resetting I turned it on again then while its...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally shutdown my laptop while its resetting I turned it on again then while its...: I tried the ones I watched on youtube but it didn't work pls Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-shutdown-my-laptop-while-its/0a81e995-9002-4ee8-b3d0-d10032a2d3a4
  10. I accidentally shutdown my laptop while its resetting I turned it on again then while its...

I accidentally shutdown my laptop while its resetting I turned it on again then while its...: I tried the ones I watched on youtube but it didn't work pls Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-shutdown-my-laptop-while-its/0a81e995-9002-4ee8-b3d0-d10032a2d3a4