Windows 10: PC will not sleep due to Scheduled Waketimer StartMenuExperienceHost.exe

Discus and support PC will not sleep due to Scheduled Waketimer StartMenuExperienceHost.exe in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My PC will not longer sleep or stay asleep. When I run the powercfg /waketimers command from the Command Prompt, I get thte following result:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by cdubski, Apr 18, 2020.

1. cdubski Win User

PC will not sleep due to Scheduled Waketimer StartMenuExperienceHost.exe

My PC will not longer sleep or stay asleep. When I run the powercfg /waketimers command from the Command Prompt, I get thte following result:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /waketimers
    Timer set by [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\StartMenuExperienceHost.exe expires at 10:48:05 PM on .

How do I deactivate this waketimer, or at least run it so it will clear and sleep again? THanks for your kind assistance.

:)

cdubski, Apr 18, 2020

2. Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Apr 19, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Falls Asleep Despite "Never" Sleep Settings

Hi Tarantino,

Regarding your concern, it is most likely to be caused by a scheduled task. We suggest that you check your
    Task Scheduler for unwanted scheduled tasks. Kindly do the following steps below before 10PM:

• Type task scheduler on the search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler.
    • Under Actions, click on Display All Running Tasks.
    • Once All Running Tasks pops up, kindly check for a scheduled sleep that is set to trigger every 10PM.
    • Select the scheduled sleep, then press End Task.

Once you're done with the steps above, kindly check if your computer will still go to sleep at 10PM.

Let us know if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, Apr 19, 2020
  4. DHsurrey Win User

Task scheduler password required to change waketimer

Hi, I've posted a link below to show what I am trying to do to stop a waketimer:

Task Scheduler wants password? :-(

My laptop recently woke up from hibernation - it's the first time it has happened on this computer,

the last time it happened I was able to stop it but Task scheduler wants a password to change settings for Windows update orchestrator, so is this impossible to change?

DHsurrey, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

1. PC will not sleep due to Scheduled Waketimer StartMenuExperienceHost.exe - Similar Threads - sleep due Scheduled

2. Task Scheduler: PC sleeps when locked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler: PC sleeps when locked: Recently had to do a fresh install of windows 11 and forgot to save instructions to re-do a task scheduler task which puts the PC to sleep when locked with Win + L or similar. Can anyone help me out with step by step instructions on how to add this back? Regards...
  3. Task Scheduler: PC sleeps when locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler: PC sleeps when locked: Recently had to do a fresh install of windows 11 and forgot to save instructions to re-do a task scheduler task which puts the PC to sleep when locked with Win + L or similar. Can anyone help me out with step by step instructions on how to add this back? Regards...
  4. Windows keeps waking up from sleep: StartMenuExperienceHost

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows keeps waking up from sleep: StartMenuExperienceHost: Windows 10.0.19042.1288 20H2I've had this problem previously, it's a very common issue by the way, where Windows is randomly waken up by the "StartMenuExperienceHost.exe" wake timer.Last time I went into great lengths to fix it because the "Allow wake timers" setting was...
  5. StartMenuExperienceHost Waking PC almost instantly after putting PC to sleep

StartMenuExperienceHost Waking PC almost instantly after putting PC to sleep: Hello, as the title says it's impossible to keep my PC asleep. I have no available updates and have troubleshooted as well as tried just about every solution I've found on here and elsewhere. "powercfg /wake timers" reads- "Timer set by [PROCESS]...
  6. StartMenuExperienceHost issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    StartMenuExperienceHost issue: Hi, I'm trying to detach the screen of my surface book 2 but, when I try it, windows show me an alert, and doesn't let me detach the screen. The alert message tells me that I have to close some applications. I have close almost all, but there is one that I'm not able to...
  7. StartMenuExperienceHost

in Windows 10 Customization
    StartMenuExperienceHost: Why is startmenuexperiencehost.exe is runnig in the GPU and not in the CPU? And how do i change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startmenuexperiencehost/f90b1e5f-7f75-4f43-a9b4-ffd5b9eba920
  8. Unscheduled Scheduled Sleep

Unscheduled Scheduled Sleep: My Windows 10 computer goes to sleep roughly around the same time every day (between 1 and 2pm). It doesn't matter if I'm away from my computer or actively working on it, it will go to sleep. I have checked the power settings, scheduled tasks and event viewer for any errors...
  9. StartMenuExperienceHost error

in Windows 10 Support
    StartMenuExperienceHost error: Hi. I originally posted symptoms of "Tile database corrupt" as an issue with my Profile but have since examined the Event Log and Procmon outputs which seems to narrow down my current application error problem. (Winver is Windows 10 Home 1902 (Build 18362.116)) Faulting...
  10. Task scheduler password required to change waketimer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task scheduler password required to change waketimer: Hi, I've posted a link below to show what I am trying to do to stop a waketimer: https://imgur.com/a/usFqR3u My laptop recently woke up from hibernation - it's the first time it has happened on this computer, the last time it happened I was able to stop it but Task...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\StartMenuExperienceHost.exe