Windows 10: PC will not sleep

Discus and support PC will not sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Trying to access info via command prompt, but keep seeing this. C:\users\L3san>powercfg-devicequery wake_armed C:\users\L3san>powercfg-devicequery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by FISHONE, Aug 31, 2019.

1. FISHONE Win User

PC will not sleep

Trying to access info via command prompt, but keep seeing this.

C:\users\L3san>powercfg-devicequery wake_armed

C:\users\L3san>powercfg-devicequery wake_armed' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

This works according to :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkcQyuwKjpU

who is trying to help poor souls as myself to fix this mess. I also tried L35 in case the s is really a 5, also tried upper and lower cases all to no effect.

:)

FISHONE, Aug 31, 2019

2. Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Aug 31, 2019
  3. My pc is going to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity

Hi Sebastian,

Your PC might be set to sleep once it is idle for 5mins. For you to adjust this setting, we suggest looking into the
    Power Options advanced settings. Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click on Power Options.
    • On your Preferred plans, click Change plan settings.
    • Click Change advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep and System unattended sleep timeout.
    • Set how many minutes you want your system to be left idle before it goes to sleep.

Let us know how it turns out.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 31, 2019
  4. PC will not sleep

Sleep issues with Windows

Hi,

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that resolves the issue.

* Right-click on Start and Select Command Prompt (Admin)
    from context Menu

* Type or Copy/Paste the below commands into it and hit Enter key

powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

• By executing this command, it will bring up all the device list that are configued to wake up your PC from sleep. Now it time to find the device which made you PC to come out of the sleep lastly. Go and execute second command
      now.
    powercfg /lastwake

• This will bring up the details of the device that made your PC to come out of the sleep lastly. Now go to the particular device properties and make changes accordingly to preventing that particular device to wake your PC from sleep.

Please get back to us with status so that we can assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

PC will not sleep

1. PC will not sleep - Similar Threads - sleep

2. Windows 11 Display Won't Go To Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Display Won't Go To Sleep: the screen finally turns off after 15 minutes..this is too long. if i set it for 5 something wakes it up, if i set it for anything else it doesnt respond to it.i did powercfg -requests with none on all. i did a clean install of windows keeping my files only.no hardware...
  3. Windows 11 Display Won't Go To Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Display Won't Go To Sleep: the screen finally turns off after 15 minutes..this is too long. if i set it for 5 something wakes it up, if i set it for anything else it doesnt respond to it.i did powercfg -requests with none on all. i did a clean install of windows keeping my files only.no hardware...
  4. Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on: I know that there have been many variations of this question on these forums throughout the years. My Windows 10 PC version 22H2, build 19045.4170 has a periodic issue that has been driving me nuts because I've read most of the suggestions on how to fix it, etc.What occurs is...
  5. Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on: I know that there have been many variations of this question on these forums throughout the years. My Windows 10 PC version 22H2, build 19045.4170 has a periodic issue that has been driving me nuts because I've read most of the suggestions on how to fix it, etc.What occurs is...
  6. Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on

7. How to diagnose why desktop is entering "away mode" instead of entering sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to diagnose why desktop is entering "away mode" instead of entering sleep: Hi all,When I click on sleep from the start menu, sometimes my desktop will enter "away mode" according to even viewer instead of going to sleep. This is very annoying as I have to use hibernate instead of sleep which takes a while to wake up from.Once my desktop has been on...
  8. How to diagnose why desktop is entering "away mode" instead of entering sleep

How to diagnose why desktop is entering "away mode" instead of entering sleep: Hi all,When I click on sleep from the start menu, sometimes my desktop will enter "away mode" according to even viewer instead of going to sleep. This is very annoying as I have to use hibernate instead of sleep which takes a while to wake up from.Once my desktop has been on...
  9. Moving between my dorm and home cuts my fps in half and causes my pc to hibernate after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving between my dorm and home cuts my fps in half and causes my pc to hibernate after sleep: I have decided to bring my pc to my college dorm and use different monitors when I switch between the two. The one I use at home is an Acer KB272 and the one I use at the dorm is a Viewsonic VX2252 monitor. Other differences are that I use different hdmi cables for each and I...
  10. Moving between my dorm and home cuts my fps in half and causes my pc to hibernate after sleep

Moving between my dorm and home cuts my fps in half and causes my pc to hibernate after sleep: I have decided to bring my pc to my college dorm and use different monitors when I switch between the two. The one I use at home is an Acer KB272 and the one I use at the dorm is a Viewsonic VX2252 monitor. Other differences are that I use different hdmi cables for each and I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. powercfg-devicequery is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file.