Windows 10: PC Will Not Start Windows

Discus and support PC Will Not Start Windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I seem to be having an issue with my PC. I turned it on tonight to play some games and now it won't start into windows. When I first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by teletheast, Jul 9, 2020.

1. PC Will Not Start Windows

Hello everyone. I seem to be having an issue with my PC.
    I turned it on tonight to play some games and now it won't start into windows.

When I first turned the computer on, everything went fine. I started up steam, discord, skype, etc. I started having issues when I went to play Valorant. I told my computer to start Valorant which had a small (like 30 mb) launcher update. The update installed but when it tried to launch Valorant, it gave me a weird error message and said it couldn't boot Valorant and I should try again. So I closed out the window and opened up task manager to make sure Valorant wasn't still running in the background. I tried to open Valorant a second time, after about 5 seconds an error popped up, this time generated by windows. I tried to read the error but my PC pretty much instantly crashed and went to the windows 10 blue screen. First time computer has ever blue screened. After it gathered its data or whatever it tried to reboot but blue screened yet again. This happened probably two more times before I shut the computer all the way down. I turned off the PSU, held down the power button on my case to discharge any leftover power and then tried again. No luck. Then I reseated my ram and gpu as well as taking the motherboard battery out for a minute and then putting it back in. I made sure to reconfigure my bios settings and then tried again. Nothing. Now whenever I turn the PC on, the boot screen tells me that it is "starting automatic system repair" and then tells me that it is diagnosing my issue. It diagnoses for about 10-15 minutes before telling me that "Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC." It gives me the option to shut down or go into advanced options from which I can troubleshoot and try to force windows to launch.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

PC Specs:
    Ryzen 5 2600
    XFX Rx 570
    16gb DDR4 3000mhz
    Gigabyte b450 motherboard
    Windows 10 Pro

- - - Updated - - -

Also, when I try to force windows to start through the advanced options it blue screens and gives this error "Bad System Config Info."

:)

teletheast, Jul 9, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 9, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

PC Will Not Start Windows

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

PC Will Not Start Windows

1. PC Will Not Start Windows - Similar Threads - Start

2. C:\PROGRAM DATA\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\START MENU \PROGRAMS\BOOKING.COM.LINK IDENTIFIED AS...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C:\PROGRAM DATA\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\START MENU \PROGRAMS\BOOKING.COM.LINK IDENTIFIED AS...: C:\PROGRAM DATA\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\START MENU \PROGRAMS\BOOKING.COM.LINK IDENTIFIED AS SECURITY RISK BY ANTIVIRUS After quarantine, download and restart attempt, computer unable to start. Had to get HP tech. Follwed directions to get PC back on line, Had to delete Windows and...
  3. C:\PROGRAM DATA\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\START MENU \PROGRAMS\BOOKING.COM.LINK IDENTIFIED AS...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C:\PROGRAM DATA\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\START MENU \PROGRAMS\BOOKING.COM.LINK IDENTIFIED AS...: C:\PROGRAM DATA\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\START MENU \PROGRAMS\BOOKING.COM.LINK IDENTIFIED AS SECURITY RISK BY ANTIVIRUS After quarantine, download and restart attempt, computer unable to start. Had to get HP tech. Follwed directions to get PC back on line, Had to delete Windows and...
  4. Hi, my pc recently went through water damage and when it finally started up again, i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, my pc recently went through water damage and when it finally started up again, i...: I don't know my password and I can't use command prompt as my account is not the main account. I can use it but with limitations. I've tried all i can with it and i can't do much. I used the start menu and when i tried to factory reset it using all the options it gave me many...
  5. Hi, my pc recently went through water damage and when it finally started up again, i...

Hi, my pc recently went through water damage and when it finally started up again, i...: I don't know my password and I can't use command prompt as my account is not the main account. I can use it but with limitations. I've tried all i can with it and i can't do much. I used the start menu and when i tried to factory reset it using all the options it gave me many...
  6. Hi, my pc recently went through water damage and when it finally started up again, i...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. My Wi-Fi driver cannot start with a Code 10 and then a Code 45, and I keep getting a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Wi-Fi driver cannot start with a Code 10 and then a Code 45, and I keep getting a...: I cannot use my Wi-Fi for some reason. I'm getting the following errors in Device Manager with my Wi-Fi adapter: "This device cannot start. Code 10 {Operation Failed} The requested operation was unsuccessful." and then "Currently, this hardware device is connected to the...
  8. My Wi-Fi driver cannot start with a Code 10 and then a Code 45, and I keep getting a...

My Wi-Fi driver cannot start with a Code 10 and then a Code 45, and I keep getting a...: I cannot use my Wi-Fi for some reason. I'm getting the following errors in Device Manager with my Wi-Fi adapter: "This device cannot start. Code 10 {Operation Failed} The requested operation was unsuccessful." and then "Currently, this hardware device is connected to the...
  9. My Wi-Fi driver cannot start with a Code 10 and then a Code 45, and I keep getting a...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. I switched off my laptop accidentally while it was updating and when I start it now it...

I switched off my laptop accidentally while it was updating and when I start it now it...: Hp 15 windows 11 error in the image inserted above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-switched-off-my-laptop-accidentally-while-it-was/bd151537-fec9-4d00-8f36-0cb8af335e13