Windows 10: PC will not stay asleep/hibernated after upgrade

Discus and support PC will not stay asleep/hibernated after upgrade in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I just upgraded my PC with a new CPU, mobo, GPU, PSU, new NVMe SSD for my OS, and some various other doodads. My first time performing work this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Luke Haskell, Mar 4, 2023.

1. PC will not stay asleep/hibernated after upgrade

I just upgraded my PC with a new CPU, mobo, GPU, PSU, new NVMe SSD for my OS, and some various other doodads. My first time performing work this invasive on my own PC and I was pleasantly surprised everything booted up with no issues and I didn't burn my house down. Everything seems to be working great. However, my PC will no longer sleep or hibernate correctly. These items are enabled in my OS Windows 10, but as soon as it reaches the "asleep/hibernating" point of these, it immediately boots back up. Like, right away, not after a few seconds, or minutes, but as soon as the LEDs go off, it

:)

Luke Haskell, Mar 4, 2023
  2. Stan8448 Win User

PC Running Windows 10 Home Won't Stay Asleep/Hibernated

Since upgrading to Windows 10, my PC will not stay asleep for more than a couple minutes at most (in many cases, a matter of seconds). The PC refuses to go to sleep (or even turn off the monitor before that) on its own after the specified interval, even
    with hybrid sleep off, multimedia set to allow sleep, and all other advanced power settings set to their maximum power-saving settings, so this issue is occurring in spite of deliberately telling the computer to go to sleep. The same is true for hibernation.

Using Windows 8.1 and the default "balanced" power plan settings, sleep had worked perfectly prior to the upgrade.

Stan8448, Mar 4, 2023
  3. Windows 10 Creators Won't Stay Asleep

Hi Greg,

Based on your concern, it appears that your computer won't stay asleep after upgrading to the new Windows Creators Update.

To help us isolate the issue and eventually come up with the best resolution, kindly provide us the following information.

• May we confirm the build of the Creators Update you are using?
    • You mentioned that you have tried every solution already. May we know what are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jhessica Sur, Mar 4, 2023
  4. notnats Win User

PC will not stay asleep/hibernated after upgrade

notnats, Mar 4, 2023
Thema:

PC will not stay asleep/hibernated after upgrade

1. PC will not stay asleep/hibernated after upgrade - Similar Threads - stay asleep hibernated

2. My PC will not stay asleep or hibernate windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC will not stay asleep or hibernate windows 10: Not sure what to do to fix this issue. Im on the newest windows update just for reference. The issue started last night and out of no where. Ive been running the "powercfg /request" option and it says no issues right now. But when I sleep the pc and it wakes right back up and...
  3. My PC will not stay asleep or hibernate windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC will not stay asleep or hibernate windows 10: Not sure what to do to fix this issue. Im on the newest windows update just for reference. The issue started last night and out of no where. Ive been running the "powercfg /request" option and it says no issues right now. But when I sleep the pc and it wakes right back up and...
  4. My PC will not stay asleep or hibernate windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC will not stay asleep/hibernated after upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will not stay asleep/hibernated after upgrade: I just upgraded my PC with a new CPU, mobo, GPU, PSU, new NVMe SSD for my OS, and some various other doodads. My first time performing work this invasive on my own PC and I was pleasantly surprised everything booted up with no issues and I didn't burn my house down....
  6. PC will not stay asleep/hibernated after upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC will not stay asleep/hibernated after upgrade: I just upgraded my PC with a new CPU, mobo, GPU, PSU, new NVMe SSD for my OS, and some various other doodads. My first time performing work this invasive on my own PC and I was pleasantly surprised everything booted up with no issues and I didn't burn my house down....
  7. Desktop will not stay asleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop will not stay asleep: Since I put a wired mouse in b/c my wireless one failed, the pc won't stay asleep. I since put the wireless one in and after a Logitech driver install the wireless one works. I down loaded the driver from Logitech and set pint -it is a M310 and keyboard is K520 No trouble...
  8. PC refuses to stay asleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC refuses to stay asleep: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Imagoodspeler [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jym02p/pc_refuses_to_stay_asleep/
  9. STAY ASLEEP!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    STAY ASLEEP!!!: My computer keeps waking up by itself and doesn't go back to sleep even though it's set to sleep automatically. I have disabled the thing where it wakes up and checks for updates at 2am every day (on by default, lol). I turned off all USB device allow to wake computer in case...
  10. Windows 10 won't stay asleep, hibernate, or shutdown, tried everything

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 won't stay asleep, hibernate, or shutdown, tried everything: Hello, I am new to posting on these forums but I have been reading them for a bit. I appear to be having the problem with windows 10 that prevents windows from staying asleep. To be more specific every time I shutdown, go into hibernate, or go to sleep, the computer only...