Windows 10: PC will not stay connected to wired internet after Win 10 update

Discus and support PC will not stay connected to wired internet after Win 10 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had Win 10 version 1809 and everything was fine. My PC suffered a forced update to version 1903. Ever since then I can not stay connected to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Just_James, Jul 16, 2019.

1. PC will not stay connected to wired internet after Win 10 update

I had Win 10 version 1809 and everything was fine. My PC suffered a forced update to version 1903. Ever since then I can not stay connected to the internet, especially if idle, for any significant length of time. The connection times varies from less than 1 minute to up to ten minutes. The troubleshooter is completely useless. it tries to reset the adapter and then sticks in an endless loop that resolves nothing. The only way to regain the net connection is to reboot the PC. Every other PC and device in the house works perfectly wired or wifi.

I have tried every solution I can find online and nothing has even pretended to work. These solutions include but are not limited to:

resetting the modem

checking with my isp

using a vpn

ipconfig dns actions; release, renew, flush, etc

netsh actions

updating adapter drivers

rolling back adapter drivers

uninstalling and reinstalling adapter devices and drivers

re-installing version 1809 updates

re-installing 1803 updates

setting power mode to max performance

turning off power saving mode for net adapters

setting idle time power saving to 'never'

I am sure there are more but this is what I remember at the moment.

Nothing has worked at all. I can't keep rebooting my PC every two to ten minutes.

Does anyone have a solution that actually works?

Please advise...

Thank you.

:)

Just_James, Jul 16, 2019

2. Windows 10 and internet connection

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Since you are able to connect to the internet wirelessly it is just the wires connection which has issues.

It could be either wire which has problems or Ethernet port.

Before you change either of these I suggest you to try the following steps:

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

a. In search Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the search box and hit Enter.

c. Select “View all” option from the left panel.

d. Select “Internet Connections” from the list and follow On-screen instructions.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Lost internet connection after connecting TV and PC

Hi Sam,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you using wired or wireless connection?
    I suggest you to run network troubleshooter and check if it helps. It is an automated tool which can find and automatically fix some common networking problems. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.

• In the search box, type Troubleshooter and then click
      Troubleshooting.

• Under Network and Internet.

• Click on Network adaptor and Click on Next button.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Jul 16, 2019
  4. cj5466 Win User

PC will not stay connected to wired internet after Win 10 update

With new Windows/10 update my PC will not connect to internet using ethernet wire.

With new Windows/10 update my PC will not connect to internet using ethernet wire.

Is there a simple Microsoft fix I can use on my PC so I can return to using the internet via my ethernet wire?

Thanks for any help.

cj5466, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

PC will not stay connected to wired internet after Win 10 update

1. PC will not stay connected to wired internet after Win 10 update - Similar Threads - stay connected wired

2. PC does not stay Internet Connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC does not stay Internet Connected: My machine is Intel QuadCore i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 32 GB RAM, running MS Windows 10 Home v. 1803, build 17134.228 on an MSI B75MA-P45 motherboard with a SAMSUNG SSD main drive.It has RealTek High Definition Audio and a SAMSUNG U28D590D VDU driven by an NVIDIA QUADRO K620...
  3. PC does not stay Internet Connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC does not stay Internet Connected: My machine is Intel QuadCore i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 32 GB RAM, running MS Windows 10 Home v. 1803, build 17134.228 on an MSI B75MA-P45 motherboard with a SAMSUNG SSD main drive.It has RealTek High Definition Audio and a SAMSUNG U28D590D VDU driven by an NVIDIA QUADRO K620...
  4. PC does not stay Internet Connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. PC will not stay connected to internet

PC will not stay connected to internet: I have an HP 15-dy1074nr with Windows 10 that will not stay connected to the internet. It is constantly disconnecting. This just started happening today. This is not a problem with my internet, as all other connected devices in my house have no problems....
  6. PC won't connect/stay connected to internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC won't connect/stay connected to internet: Please help, ASUS, windows 10 laptop refuses to connect or stay connected to xfinity wifi. It connects to my mobile hotspot no problem. All over devices can connect to xfinity. I've reset the laptop and modem. I've reset the network on the laptop. No luck. submitted by...
  7. Not Connecting to Wired Internet Connection after Update

Not Connecting to Wired Internet Connection after Update: I am somehow connecting to the wrong wired network when I connect to the surface doc. All network connections are wired properly to the correct ports, router, etc. It seem that I am connecting to a preferred wireless network, but the icon is showing a wired icon. I am not...
  8. Windows 10 1809 won't stay connected to internet (wired)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1809 won't stay connected to internet (wired): I installed Win 10 1809 from DVD created with media creator. Works great as long as I am not online. A couple minutes after I go online (I can browse, start downloads etc) screen goes turns black and I can't do anything. I can hear power supply, fans etc running. Restarting...
  9. Desktop PC cannot connect to wired internet connection.

Desktop PC cannot connect to wired internet connection.: Hello I need help getting connected to the internet. I have searched for a solution but nothing has helped. I have had no network connection for about a month now. Network trouble shooter cannot correct the problem. says there my be a problem with my ethernet driver....
  10. Windows 10 Wired PC Updates - HughesNet Metered Internet Connection

Windows 10 Wired PC Updates - HughesNet Metered Internet Connection: I live in a very rural location where my only ISP choice is Hughesnet. As such, my data consumption is metered during the day, but available, almost free at night (2AM - 8AM). I can control Windows restarts in settings, but no way to control when updates are downloaded....