Windows 10: Pc will start up from the power button but will take me to a black screen.

Discus and support Pc will start up from the power button but will take me to a black screen. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Okay, so my pc will start up regularly but will take me to a black screen. Two days ago it would start up and take me to the windows login screen, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CleanBandito, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Pc will start up from the power button but will take me to a black screen.

Okay, so my pc will start up regularly but will take me to a black screen. Two days ago it would start up and take me to the windows login screen, but now I must press a button on my keyboard to initiate the start up so I can get to the login screen. Windows 10 btw

:)

CleanBandito, Nov 5, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Nov 5, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Black screen, Start screen, Critical Low Battery

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you try the power troubleshooter if you are able to boot into the system.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.
    For black screen issues click on the link below and refer the suggestions by Sharath Srinivasa.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-10/cf3b4559-67d8-40e0-9cf2-ebf4528e1e78

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Nov 5, 2021
  4. masplin Win User

Pc will start up from the power button but will take me to a black screen.

Dell XP’s 13 black screen on power up

Only light is power button. The light on caps lock comes on it I press it. No dell logo or anything on the screen just perm at black. Will try some of things suggested. Most common advice is to manually power off 3 times to force start up repair, but this doesn’t happen for me

masplin, Nov 5, 2021
Thema:

Pc will start up from the power button but will take me to a black screen.

1. Pc will start up from the power button but will take me to a black screen. - Similar Threads - start power button

2. The power button light is on but the screen is black.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The power button light is on but the screen is black.: I have a HP Pavilion 14. It stupendously overheats randomly on apps like Adobe Acrobat Etc. Today it lost battery and I charged it for an hour. The laptop is showing a black screen on boot. It has a whining noise for a few seconds but it just stops.It has an i7 and iris xe...
  3. The power button light is on but the screen is black.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The power button light is on but the screen is black.: I have a HP Pavilion 14. It stupendously overheats randomly on apps like Adobe Acrobat Etc. Today it lost battery and I charged it for an hour. The laptop is showing a black screen on boot. It has a whining noise for a few seconds but it just stops.It has an i7 and iris xe...
  4. Pc will start up from the power button but will take me to a black screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc will start up from the power button but will take me to a black screen.: Okay, so my pc will start up regularly but will take me to a black screen. Two days ago it would start up and take me to the windows login screen, but now I must press a button on my keyboard to initiate the start up so I can get to the login screen. Windows 10 btw...
  5. Pc will start up from the power button but will take me to a black screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc will start up from the power button but will take me to a black screen.: Okay, so my pc will start up regularly but will take me to a black screen. Two days ago it would start up and take me to the windows login screen, but now I must press a button on my keyboard to initiate the start up so I can get to the login screen. Windows 10 btw...
  6. PC freezing and after that screen black and light on in power button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC freezing and after that screen black and light on in power button: Initially my PC freezzed for 2 3 second and I didn't take it seriously but after 3 - 4 days my PC freezed for hours and to resolve this issue I simply press the power button and PC off then again I open then I observed that my PC power button light on and off automatically...
  7. Windows Start button not showing up + Black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Start button not showing up + Black screen: Hello! Yesterday i updated to newest Windows 10 version. Then it was it was showing black screen. So i booted to Safe mode to see what is causing the problem but wheb i did that i tried to click Windows 10 Start button and Search. It wasnt working. Today i down upgraded to...
  8. Black screen when PC starts up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen when PC starts up: My pc has a black screen whenever it starts up, there's a cursor and you can access task manager and stuff but nothing works. the black screen disappears after a while, is there a way to fix this? submitted by /u/_Oopsitsdeleted_ [link] [comments]...
  9. Start-up using power button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start-up using power button: Windows 10. I have an external monitor for my laptop. How can I start-up the laptop (external monitor only) with the power button while keeping the laptop screen closed?...
  10. password protection login query take me from the start-up screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    password protection login query take me from the start-up screen: Windows 10 home version 1803......to take me from the start-up screen (lock screen) to put my password in before this update all I had to do was hit any key.....now only by left clicking my touchpad does it enable me to login......any way of resetting to the way it was...