Windows 10: PC (Win 10) not seeing HDMI cable

Discus and support PC (Win 10) not seeing HDMI cable in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Previously the PC would automatically detect the HDMI whenever it was plugged in. From about a week ago it suddenly stopped working. I have traced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Adam Sound, May 1, 2019.

1. PC (Win 10) not seeing HDMI cable

Previously the PC would automatically detect the HDMI whenever it was plugged in.

From about a week ago it suddenly stopped working. I have traced the problem back to the laptop as I have bought a new cable, and also, whenever I plug the cable in, the Samsung TV flickers as if to recognise the change but the laptop does nothing whereas it used to flicker.

Top compound my problem, in device manager I deleted the Nvidia Samsung C driver in the hope this would automatically re-download once I restarted the PC, it did not, and I can't find where to download this driver from.

:)

Adam Sound, May 1, 2019

2. Sound problems with HDMI cable after upgrading to win 10 - every day

Hi,

• Is this issue specific to particular audio and video?

I suggest you to connect the HDMI cable in different port and also use different HDMI cable. Also check the settings for ‘AUDIO’ and ‘VIDEO’ in the TV settings.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, May 1, 2019
  3. erocker Win User
    Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, May 1, 2019
  4. PC (Win 10) not seeing HDMI cable

HDMI Cable

Hi Quinten,

For us to isolate your concern with the HDMI cable, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, What is the exact error message?
    • Have you tried using your HDMI to other devices? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, May 1, 2019
Thema:

PC (Win 10) not seeing HDMI cable

1. PC (Win 10) not seeing HDMI cable - Similar Threads - seeing HDMI cable

2. HDMI cable not detected by computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI cable not detected by computer: I want to connect to a monitor or TV with HDMI. No signal to either. Monitor says "no signal coming from your computer".I have tried with no success:HDMI directly into Nvidia 980 HDMI slotHDMI directly into motherboard slot, Intel i6700k with integrated graphicsHDMI...
  3. HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDMI cable: i hadn't connected my device to HDMI cable 2 monthes ago, it was working well but now it doesn't work, i've restarted the labtop and the tv, and the cable is working well with another device, can you help me solving the problem, please? my device core i7 and the windows is 10...
  4. USB-C and HDMI cable

USB-C and HDMI cable: When I plug in the HDMI cable to the 'dongle' that is plugged into my pc, I get a notification that Microsoft does not recognize recent device plugged in to C port. And I get an alarm type sound repeatedly until I unplug the HDMI cable. The information on the PC DOES transfer...
  5. Connecting PC and TV by HDMI cable

Connecting PC and TV by HDMI cable: I connected ny computer to the smart TV by a HDMI cable in order to see content on the TV screen. I see the on the TV screen the bottom applications line but not the screen itself....
  6. hdmi cable to tv

hdmi cable to tv: Since installing windows 10 i cant get the hdmi cable from laptop to tv to work, i was working fine prior to me downloading windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-cable-to-tv/fbb308ac-309b-4ec2-a047-673dfeec99e9
  7. No Audio With HDMI Cable From TV to PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Audio With HDMI Cable From TV to PC: Why is there no audio when I plug in HDMI cable from tv to pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-with-hdmi-cable-from-tv-to-pc/ad23c526-2966-4b35-9b7e-3fda436a7b79
  8. connecting pc harddrive to laptop using an hdmi cable

connecting pc harddrive to laptop using an hdmi cable: Hi, I have my work pc harddrive home to try to connect to my laptop, I've been given an hdmi cable and an ethernet cable which are both connected how I was instructed but my laptop isn't detecting the harddrive. I can't find it anywhere. Any advice where to look for it or...
  9. PC and TV not connecting via HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PC and TV not connecting via HDMI cable: I have connected my Tablet PC to my smart TV with the correct cable but have so far not got them working together. On the TV I have enabled HDMI and selected the right port, but have not found any relevant settings on the PC. Plus the advice I have found online has not...
  10. sound with hdmi cable

sound with hdmi cable: I connected my computer with an hdmi cable to my tv and the display and sound worked fine. But every time that I wake my computer up after that I have no sound unless I disconnect and then reconnect the hdmi cable to the tv. How can this be resolved without having to...