Windows 10: PC Windows 10 Problem

Discus and support PC Windows 10 Problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I've been having an issue with I presume Windows 10 on my newly built gaming PC. Out of nowhere, usually when watching YouTube / Twitch or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kai-El, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Kai-El Win User

PC Windows 10 Problem

So I've been having an issue with I presume Windows 10 on my newly built gaming PC. Out of nowhere, usually when watching YouTube / Twitch or something, the picture just freezes. I can move my mouse around, and hear anything in the background, but everything else seems frozen. When I go to the desktop, I can drag my mouse around, and right click, but if I click "refresh", the refresh icon stays put on the screen. I can also pause YouTube videos, or move windows around, but they remain frozen after I do so. If I try to sign out, it just sits there trying to sign out forever. I also tried putting it into sleep mode once, and it blue screened when I did so. This happens every few days very randomly. Gaming works great on it. I'm currently thinking it may have been Google Chrome causing the issue, but I have no idea if it is, or why it would happen. I tried turning off hardware acceleration, but no fix.
    I had Windows 10 Pro installed, reinstalled Windows many times, and stuck with 10 Home just to be sure, but the issue proceeds. All drivers are up to date, including Windows, the MOBO, GPU, etc.

I built it myself, which I've done many times before. Here are my specs just in case they're needed.

Ryzen 7 3800x Currently Unlocked Frequency; I tried it clocked at 3.9GHz, issue still happened

32GB RAM @ 3000MHz, can go to 3200MHz

ASUS GTX 1080

850W PSU

MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO

Windows is installed on a Corsair MP600 PCi 4.0 m.2

I also have an extra SATA SSD, but believe this issue still happened on that, but not 100% sure.

In order to power down the PC, I have to resort to either holding down the power button, or flicking the switch on the PSU, which really feels terrible to do, but I have to.

Temps are totally fine, so I don't think it's overheating. Can anyone help me out? I would greatly appreciate it.

:)

Kai-El, Oct 18, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 18, 2020
  4. CK011885 Win User

PC Windows 10 Problem

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

PC Windows 10 Problem

1. PC Windows 10 Problem - Similar Threads - Problem

2. how can i fix this problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i fix this problem: when i try to install google play games , that time not installation and show this , please help me to fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-this-problem/edbb3d39-f6eb-4b75-836c-b74a68525676
  3. how can i fix this problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i fix this problem: when i try to install google play games , that time not installation and show this , please help me to fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-this-problem/edbb3d39-f6eb-4b75-836c-b74a68525676
  4. Windows 10: The Troubleshooter For Windows Updates Is NOT SOLVING The Problem Of Update Not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: The Troubleshooter For Windows Updates Is NOT SOLVING The Problem Of Update Not...: Hello Everybody,In the past four months, I've tried over and over again, all the things I know, to solve this issue of a certain update not getting installedsince2024-01" Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034441 "Every time, Win10 downloads...
  5. Windows 10: The Troubleshooter For Windows Updates Is NOT SOLVING The Problem Of Update Not...

Windows 10: The Troubleshooter For Windows Updates Is NOT SOLVING The Problem Of Update Not...: Hello Everybody,In the past four months, I've tried over and over again, all the things I know, to solve this issue of a certain update not getting installedsince2024-01" Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034441 "Every time, Win10 downloads...
  6. Windows 10: The Troubleshooter For Windows Updates Is NOT SOLVING The Problem Of Update Not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How can I fix this audio problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix this audio problem?: Hey, there is no audio coming from my computer, when I open up volume mixer, under the applications there is no applications shown even though I got music playing and/or any game I be playing at that time.I just bought a new headset, it has a USB cord not the normal double...
  8. How can I fix this audio problem?

How can I fix this audio problem?: Hey, there is no audio coming from my computer, when I open up volume mixer, under the applications there is no applications shown even though I got music playing and/or any game I be playing at that time.I just bought a new headset, it has a USB cord not the normal double...
  9. How can I fix this audio problem?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Problems linking windows 11 licence after windows 10 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems linking windows 11 licence after windows 10 upgrade.: I have 3 sons who have 3 windows 10 machines. They run their machines on local accounts only as they do not like having to ask me to authenticate their sign in every time. However I linked these machines to my ms account & remained linked despite running local accounts, which...