Windows 10: PC Windows 10 - Xbox Series X Controller, Bluetooth = jumbled mapping. Wired = fine.

Discus and support PC Windows 10 - Xbox Series X Controller, Bluetooth = jumbled mapping. Wired = fine. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I got myself an Xbox Series X Controller today to play some driving/sims like games as I heard that they are much better out of the box than a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_Gismo_, Apr 8, 2021.

1. PC Windows 10 - Xbox Series X Controller, Bluetooth = jumbled mapping. Wired = fine.

So I got myself an Xbox Series X Controller today to play some driving/sims like games as I heard that they are much better out of the box than a Playstation controller (in regards to button visuals in pc games) Well I had no problems connecting it and installing the latest firmware. I fired up The Crew 2 on Ubisoft (first time playing it) and the controls were great.

As soon as I unplugged the USB C cable, it switched to Bluetooth and then unexpectedly all of the mapping was jumbled up. I went into key binds and sure enough, A was Up on the D-pad, B was down on the D-pad, several buttons were LB/RB.

After a few google searches, I found some posts going back 4 months with the same issue and no resolution. I guess I'll be returning the controller.

Anyone else managed to find a fix for this?

Windows 10 Home

Version 2004

OS build: 19041.804

submitted by /u/_Gismo_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/_Gismo_, Apr 8, 2021

2. Xbox series x/s controller connected to PC via Bluetooth but not working

The new Xbox series x/s controller is successfully connected to windows 10 PC via Bluetooth. the device is showing connected in Bluetooth settings but it is not being recognized in games. Also, it is not being recognized in the Xbox accessories app.

When connected via USB cable it is working and I was able to download the latest drivers and firmware from the Xbox accessories app.

• I have made sure I have all the latest updates (Windows 10, Version20H2)
    • updated xbox controller firmware through usb connection (Firmware version 5.5.2641.0)
    • used Bluetooth troubleshooter
    • Disconnected, removed, re-paired, and restarted PC and Xbox controller multiple times.
    • tried updating drivers from device manager but the drivers were already up to date
    • I have Bluetooth keyboard and headphones that are connected to the same PC, they work flawlessly (made sure I had only 1 connection at a time)

kousik2020, Apr 8, 2021
  3. xbox series x controller via bluetooth not recognized in games

The Bluetooth steps I gave were only in case you need them. The actual repair steps for your controller were the first links I gave. Have you started on them yet? Please do not skip any steps. We often find out later that the fix was the skipped step.
    If you need help performing any step I will help.

More here including how to update these controllers:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

https://www.windowscentral.com/will-xbox-series...

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Apr 8, 2021
  4. MisterEd Win User

PC Windows 10 - Xbox Series X Controller, Bluetooth = jumbled mapping. Wired = fine.

Xbox Series S controller not staying connected

There are two ways to use the controller wirelessly
    1. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10
    2. Bluetooth

Which way are you connecting it?

I use my Xbox Series S controller using Bluetooth. When I first got it it was unstable this way. Updating the firmware solved that problem.

Once in a while when I turn on the controller the light keeps flashing (not paired) even though the Windows settings says it should be. In the Setting>Devices I have to
    • Select the Xbox wireless controller
    • Select Remove the device
    • Restart the pairing on both the PC and controller
    Once it is paired again it is OK

Connecting the Xbox wireless controller using a USB wired connection should be automatic with Windows 10. Once connected you can use the Xbox Accessories App (from Microsoft app store) to test it and update the firmware if needed.

Note I also found the following:
    • The controller does not need the battery when connected with a USB cable. (it will even work with the battery removed).
    • To use with a wired cable do not press the Xbox button to turn it on. With the cable connected the light will come on using power from the USB connection.
    • However, I have found that taking out the battery does cause the controller to forget its pairing with the PC. That means it needs to be repaired with the PC if a wireless connection is desired.

MisterEd, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

PC Windows 10 - Xbox Series X Controller, Bluetooth = jumbled mapping. Wired = fine.

1. PC Windows 10 - Xbox Series X Controller, Bluetooth = jumbled mapping. Wired = fine. - Similar Threads - Xbox Series Controller

2. Xbox Series X Controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox Series X Controller: I recently purchased a red wired xbox series X controller to play the new Halo game on my PC. But it won't connect; it shows up in my device manager but it does not show drivers or any way to install them.I tried to download the Xbox Accessories app to see if I could update...
  3. Xbox Series X Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Series X Controller: I recently purchased a red wired xbox series X controller to play the new Halo game on my PC. But it won't connect; it shows up in my device manager but it does not show drivers or any way to install them.I tried to download the Xbox Accessories app to see if I could update...
  4. Xbox Series X Controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Xbox series x controller

Xbox series x controller: HiI bought a xbox series x controller yesterdayIt connected successfully to android and laptop via bluetooth but when i tried connecting it to desktop ot did not even appear in the listI updated its firmware via xbox accessories app but still its not workingPlz help...
  6. Xbox series x controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox series x controller: HiI bought a xbox series x controller yesterdayIt connected successfully to android and laptop via bluetooth but when i tried connecting it to desktop ot did not even appear in the listI updated its firmware via xbox accessories app but still its not workingPlz help...
  7. Xbox series x controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Xbox Series x controller not showing on windows 10 bluetooth

Xbox Series x controller not showing on windows 10 bluetooth: I bought two xbox series x controllers to play games on my desktop, I did the instructions to connect it by bluetooth but its not showing on the bluetooth searchWhat should I do?...
  9. Xbox Series X controller instability over bluetooth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Series X controller instability over bluetooth: I'm on newest build of windows 10 20H2, newest controller firmware update, newest intel bluetooth driver. So before you recommend those I've already done them plenty of times. Basically my controller disconnects itself and reconnects itself constantly, batteries are fine....
  10. Xbox series X Controller to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox series X Controller to Windows 10: What Bluetooth will I need to use to connect to windows 10? Bluetooth 4.0, 4.2 or 5? I don't want to buy the xbox usb adapter as it probably has company tax and I can get the same thing for more than half the price. submitted by /u/Agonizingfool3000 [link] [comments]...