Windows 10: PC (windows) not playing DVD which was made with Windows Movie Maker

Discus and support PC (windows) not playing DVD which was made with Windows Movie Maker in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a film on a DVD which was made entirely using Windows Movie Maker. This is my own film which used the facilities of Movie Maker, and was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Paul C1721, Mar 14, 2019.

1. PC (windows) not playing DVD which was made with Windows Movie Maker

I have a film on a DVD which was made entirely using Windows Movie Maker.

This is my own film which used the facilities of Movie Maker, and was successfully burned to disc, and has been viewed on my pc.

When trying to watch it now (a few years later) on my pc, the pc (windows) will neither detect it or play it. The pc does show the DVD in the player (with the Title of the DVD) in the D drive.

I am not sure as to which Windows version was used to create the disk, I suspect that it was not Windows 10, however that said, I was hoping that it would not have been a problem?

I have seen the notifications in "making associations to the file", but am lost on this.

Was hoping that Windows Movie Maker would 'see' the file and play it. As it normally would.

As we all get older, this is becoming a mission to preserve family history on a DVD.

Your help is greatly needed

Thank you

I have posted this in Devices and Drivers, but completely at a loss as to where I should have posted the question? Sorry

:)

Paul C1721, Mar 14, 2019
  2. AndreePin Win User

Windows Movie Maker

Hi,

To get a better grasp of your Windows Movie Maker's issue, kindly provide the following:

• The version of your Windows Movie Maker.
    • Troubleshooting steps already provided.
    In the meantime, if you have purchased or downloaded the said app from our Windows Store, I suggest that you try and run our troubleshooter by clicking this
    link.

I'll keep an eye out for your reply.

AndreePin, Mar 14, 2019
  3. DVD made wtih windows movie maker want play on dvd players

I made a dvd with windows movie maker and it want play on my dvd players.

Barbara A Johnson, Mar 14, 2019
  4. PC (windows) not playing DVD which was made with Windows Movie Maker

Can you convert a Movie Maker Project in Windows 10 to a DVD and play on a DVD player?

Can you convert a Movie Maker Project in Windows 10 to a DVD to play on a DVD player?

Original Title: Movie Maker

Puzzled911, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

PC (windows) not playing DVD which was made with Windows Movie Maker

1. PC (windows) not playing DVD which was made with Windows Movie Maker - Similar Threads - playing DVD was

2. windows movie maker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows movie maker: on W 11 ive been using the free version of windows movie maker and when done I saved projects in the only way that it seemed was allowed. I believed this saved the movie and rendered it as an mp4 file. today I purchased the pro version and now i cant find any of my projects ....
  3. windows Movie Maker

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows Movie Maker: I installed Windows Moviemaker 10 onto my lap top. I think it came from the Microsoft store ?before I could save the video it asked for payment . also had ads on the page . When I checked it out I learnt that Windows MM had been discontinued in 2017. my question is : Is...
  4. Windows Movie Maker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Movie Maker: HI, I am using Windows Movie Maker for the first time but have used other Video Editing software before. I was trying to join together 3 videos totaling 644,000. I am using Windows 10 and I am upto date on the software. When I try and save the MP4 videos into one file it...
  5. playing dvd videos and movies on pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    playing dvd videos and movies on pc: Videos on dvd do not play on my windows 10 pc; only files are shown. How to get auto play going? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-dvd-videos-and-movies-on-pc/3dee7e4c-fc5c-4706-a0b6-ca90a21ea395
  6. Windows Movie Maker

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Movie Maker: I recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 10. I just found out that Windows Movie Maker is no longer available. Will Microsoft issue a new version that will work with Window 10? I burn DVD's with Music and I do not want to download third party software for fear of...
  7. Windows Movie Maker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Movie Maker: Whilst working on a Windows Movie Maker creation, the screen suddenly went black. There were only photos on, no videos and I was inserting music at the time. When I eventually got back into Windows Movie Maker, all past files had been changed from WMM to WLMM files...
  8. Windows Movie Maker

Windows Movie Maker: Since Windows Essentials is no longer supported, how would I be able to get Windows Movie Maker on my PC again? My mother "needs" to use it to burn her images to disc's for clients, however she has an older laptop that "was" slow as all get out, so I used my Enterprise LTSB...
  9. Windows Movie Maker

Windows Movie Maker: I'm looking for the windows movie maker that came with windows 7, the HD one. Not windows live movie maker, that one sucked. If that doesn't work, what is a nice easy one to use. I want to use this to make AMV's. This involves taking seconds of clips or frames and...
  10. DVD maker and movie maker

DVD maker and movie maker: I still don't get why MS ripped these neat programs out. They were certainly available in Windows 7, no idea about whether they were in 8 as I skipped right over that OS. I am interested in trying to install them on my Windows 10 laptop. I know they can be re acquired via...