Windows 10: Pc wiped videos and pictures from c drive, background, and settings

Discus and support Pc wiped videos and pictures from c drive, background, and settings in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I restarted my pc because borderlands was being screwy and then it comes back and says it’s repairing my c drive and then when I log in, it says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pyrohectic, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Pc wiped videos and pictures from c drive, background, and settings

I restarted my pc because borderlands was being screwy and then it comes back and says it’s repairing my c drive and then when I log in, it says “preparing windows”. I redownloded everything and used the restart button on my pc case to simulate the situation again and same thing. It keeps doing this after I’ve restarted it maybe 5 times. It’s like it keeps reverting to a version of windows that doesn’t exist. Any help would be greatly appreciated please.

submitted by /u/pyrohectic
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pyrohectic, Jun 2, 2020

2. Changing the background in Windows 10 from picture foders created on the hard drive?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open Desktop Background by right clicking on the desktop clicking Personalization

• Click the picture or color that you want to use for your desktop background.

• If the picture you want to use isn't in the list of desktop background pictures, click an item in the Picture location list to see other categories, or click Browse to search for the picture on your computer.
      When you find the picture that you want, double-click it. It will become your desktop background.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Jun 2, 2020
  3. My data folders (Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music, etc) are on DRIVE E: not Drive C:

I THINK the programs are looking in the wrong place.

All my Programs are stored on Drive C:

Drive D: is my Recovery Image

Drive E: is where all my Data files were stored (Documents-Pictures-Videos, etc).

Drive F: has: Clipart-Document Themes 14-Media-MSOCache-Office 14 - Stationery - and Templates.

Hewlett Packard set my computer system up.

Before I did what you suggested above about MOVING files - I had only one listing for Drive EPc wiped videos and pictures from c drive, background, and settings :(DATADRIVE1-Docs-Pics-Video-Music). Now Drive E: shows up listed under THIS PC as E:\ (and it contains ALL my data - docs-Pics-Video-Music)). All these data
    folders also show up listed under THIS PC in the DOCUMENT folder; AND, all the datat folders also show up in DATADRIVE1-Docs-Pixs-Music-Video!!!! Whatever happened when I moved the files caused them to appear in several places!

I don't think the programs know where to find anything!!!! DUD!

I also have 4 external Western Digital hard drives (but I don't have all of them plugged in simultaneously). My problem with the external hard drives is that now Windows does recognize my 6 TB one - I know it is working because the little light is on and
    blinking....the drive just does not show up in File Explorer.

Do you have any suggestions?

PattiCampbell, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Pc wiped videos and pictures from c drive, background, and settings

personalising background pictures

Hi Steve,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow these steps:

• Go to Settings,
    • Click Personalization
    • Highlight Background and scroll down toward the bottom and click Browse.
    • Select the picture or photo to set as background.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Pc wiped videos and pictures from c drive, background, and settings

1. Pc wiped videos and pictures from c drive, background, and settings - Similar Threads - wiped videos pictures

2. C drive was wiped - no OS system is installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive was wiped - no OS system is installed: Recently my work computer had its C drive wiped because of a poor setup and no where to find the administrator key or encryption. Was decided that a full clean harddrive was the way to go. Unfortunately, this has made the computer unusable and apparently has no OS? I've tried...
  3. Windows 10 C drive wiped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 C drive wiped: Good afternoon everyone, Yesterday when I got home from work my computer was off and upon turning it on it went through the set up for a new user profile. All of my old C drive files were gone. My old user account was gone and a new useradministrator account that i did not...
  4. Windows 10 C drive wiped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 C drive wiped: Good afternoon everyone, Yesterday when I got home from work my computer was off and upon turning it on it went through the set up for a new user profile. All of my old C drive files were gone. My old user account was gone and a new useradministrator account that i did not...
  5. Windows 10 C drive wiped

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. All pictures and videos automatically save to the C drive. How do I set all pictures and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All pictures and videos automatically save to the C drive. How do I set all pictures and...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Corner-West [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kw6qrg/all_pictures_and_videos_automatically_save_to_the/
  7. Changing picture size setting when setting background from photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing picture size setting when setting background from photos: When I set the background picture from Photos not pictures it always comes out as in fill mode, not fit which is what I would like it to be. How can I change this setting to "fit" so it will always be in this mode. If I change it manually it still will be "fill" when I enter...
  8. Windows activation c drive wiped

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation c drive wiped: I wiped my c drive and reinstalled windows now i don't have an activated windows, on my account when i go to recover the key it says i already reactivated the key but i never did. I orignally bought a prebuilt refurbished dell optiplex 3010 and the only thing from that in...
  9. How to move pictures from the C drive to the D drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to move pictures from the C drive to the D drive?: I have folders with a bunch of pictures and I want to move them to the D drive because there is more space there. How to do that? Also is there a way to set the D drive as the default drive so pictures saved will automatically go there? submitted by /u/jayx468 [link]...
  10. Storage of Pictures in the Cloud, This PC and C Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage of Pictures in the Cloud, This PC and C Drive: Hi, I have Office 365 and my images are stored in the Cloud and in "This PC/Pictures" folder When I open the pictures folder I see that they are downloaded from the cloud. Should I also have them stored in "C/Users/My Name/Pictures" as well. In that case which folders sync...