Windows 10: PC with Windows 10 Home has BitLocker active

Discus and support PC with Windows 10 Home has BitLocker active in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Home version 2004. I have found out today that I have BitLocker active on my hard drive. I have been able to get my recovery keys,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Brian Peaper, Jun 1, 2021.

1. PC with Windows 10 Home has BitLocker active

I have Windows 10 Home version 2004. I have found out today that I have BitLocker active on my hard drive. I have been able to get my recovery keys, and they also appear in my Microsoft account.But I am wondering how this is happening, or is it actually happening. I see lots of evidence saying that BitLocker is not available on Home. Or is this the basic encryption masquerading as BitLocker.

:)

Brian Peaper, Jun 1, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 1, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8.1 PRO unable to unlock Bitlocked drive

Can you take a screen shot of the bitlocker window?

Also, what happens when you highlight the drive in This PC and go to the Manage tab? There should be some bitlocker options there.

newtekie1, Jun 1, 2021
  4. Xylee Del Win User

PC with Windows 10 Home has BitLocker active

Xylee Del, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

PC with Windows 10 Home has BitLocker active

1. PC with Windows 10 Home has BitLocker active - Similar Threads - Home has BitLocker

2. Flash Drive Has Bitlocker - Windows 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flash Drive Has Bitlocker - Windows 10 Home Edition: I am not sure why but when I put the drive into the USB it opens up the flash drive automatically. It doesn't ask me for the password. Which I do know what it is. Typically it would show it as "locked" and I would double-click on it and type in the password. It is NOT doing...
  3. Flash Drive Has Bitlocker - Windows 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flash Drive Has Bitlocker - Windows 10 Home Edition: I am not sure why but when I put the drive into the USB it opens up the flash drive automatically. It doesn't ask me for the password. Which I do know what it is. Typically it would show it as "locked" and I would double-click on it and type in the password. It is NOT doing...
  4. Flash Drive Has Bitlocker - Windows 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 Home somehow has Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home somehow has Bitlocker: Hello,Recently, my Lenovo Windows 10 Home computer took a BIOS update that triggered Bitlocker. I have never set up Bitlocker and no Bitlocker recovery keys are saved to my Microsoft account. From what I am reading, Bitlocker isn't even available for Windows 10 Home.Now i am...
  6. Windows 10 Home somehow has Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home somehow has Bitlocker: Hello,Recently, my Lenovo Windows 10 Home computer took a BIOS update that triggered Bitlocker. I have never set up Bitlocker and no Bitlocker recovery keys are saved to my Microsoft account. From what I am reading, Bitlocker isn't even available for Windows 10 Home.Now i am...
  7. Windows 10 Home somehow has Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 Home Activation, although I own Windows 10 Home and it has been activated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home Activation, although I own Windows 10 Home and it has been activated: I built my computer around 5 months ago and I bought a Windows 10 Home product key, and put the USB into my computer and successfully downloaded Windows 10 Home, now out of nowhere it's telling me to activate windows and that it's not a valid license or key, but I bought it...
  9. Windows 10 Home with BitLocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Home with BitLocker: Is my Windows 10 Home support BitLocker Encryption?? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-with-bitlocker/2a4ecf28-20c7-499e-ba9e-cf3f00b3f7df
  10. Bitlocker in Windows 10 Home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker in Windows 10 Home: We have a Dell Inspiron 13 5000 with Wondows 10 Home. It has now stuck with a bitlocker code needed to unlock it. But I thought that bitlocker was not available in Windows 10 Home, so how can it be on? And how can I find the key when my Microsoft account sys that the...