Windows 10: PC won't allow me to activate windows

Discus and support PC won't allow me to activate windows in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I format my PC after changing motherboard and graphics card since it is not performing well. I did the process and ensure that my Microsoft account is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by montana.hermiston21, Dec 2, 2022.

1. PC won't allow me to activate windows

I format my PC after changing motherboard and graphics card since it is not performing well. I did the process and ensure that my Microsoft account is linked to my Windows. I tried and create a bootable media and perform clean installation. It is successful however when I check my activation it fails with error 0x80004005. I dont know and I dont want to buy Windows license since I owned it.

:)

montana.hermiston21, Dec 2, 2022
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Dec 2, 2022
  3. my n97 won t charge or connect

when i put a usb on my n97 it won t charge when i put on the computer it won t say nokia pc suite or else it not reading the usb cannot work on my phone plz hel

karim71---01, Dec 2, 2022
  4. PC won't allow me to activate windows

cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

Windows help & learning

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 2, 2022
Thema:

PC won't allow me to activate windows

1. PC won't allow me to activate windows - Similar Threads - won't allow activate

2. PC won't allow me to activate windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't allow me to activate windows: I format my PC after changing motherboard and graphics card since it is not performing well. I did the process and ensure that my Microsoft account is linked to my Windows. I tried and create a bootable media and perform clean installation. It is successful however when I...
  3. PC won't allow me to activate windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC won't allow me to activate windows: I format my PC after changing motherboard and graphics card since it is not performing well. I did the process and ensure that my Microsoft account is linked to my Windows. I tried and create a bootable media and perform clean installation. It is successful however when I...
  4. Formating pc won't allow me to activate windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Formating pc won't allow me to activate windows: After formatting the device I'm having issue activating my os now. I'm getting the error 0x80004005 when I'm on activation page. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formating-pc-wont-allow-me-to-activate-windows/069de37a-7d9e-4db8-96e1-0fb518bf9751
  5. Formating pc won't allow me to activate windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Formating pc won't allow me to activate windows: After formatting the device I'm having issue activating my os now. I'm getting the error 0x80004005 when I'm on activation page. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formating-pc-wont-allow-me-to-activate-windows/069de37a-7d9e-4db8-96e1-0fb518bf9751
  6. Formating pc won't allow me to activate windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Windows won't allow me to upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't allow me to upgrade: Hi, I am happy how Microsoft works with their system.I would like to upgrade to windows 11 but it wouldn't allow me.Saying that my PC is not eligible for upgrade. I am using i5 processor, 8gb ram and a maximushero viii board. Please help....
  8. Windows won't allow me to upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows won't allow me to upgrade: Hi, I am happy how Microsoft works with their system.I would like to upgrade to windows 11 but it wouldn't allow me.Saying that my PC is not eligible for upgrade. I am using i5 processor, 8gb ram and a maximushero viii board. Please help....
  9. My PC wont allow me to activate windows.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My PC wont allow me to activate windows.: So I've had my gaming PC for almost a year now. I recently done a update to my drivers and now for some unknown reason it says that my windows isn't activated. I no longer have the original product key I got when I bought my PC as I thought oh I activated it I wont need it no...
  10. Windows won't allow me to upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows won't allow me to upgrade: Hello, Currently brand new computer, came with Windows 10 Home 32 bit installed. I wanted to upgrade it to 64 bit since I have the license key for the program and I also checked several times that indeed this is a 64bit capable build. I can only find...